“Days Inn, Bridgeview”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bridgeview
Reviewed October 17, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Sheena F, General Manager at Motel 6 Bridgeview, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The hotel was filthy. I have stayed at these hotels several times over the years and have never felt so gross that I wouldn't even take my shoes off or shower in the morning before checking out. There was no coffee pot in my room. There was a machine but no pot. Never stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that your stay was anything less than satisfactory. We have been focusing all of our attention on housekeeping and maintenance, and we will continue to do so. I apologize again for your dissatisfaction.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 9, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Sheena F, General Manager at Motel 6 Bridgeview, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I read the mixed reviews of this place and decided to risk it because I got a great price on Hotwire ($53 including tax) and I was able to check in really early so figured I could switch rooms if I needed. My room seemed OK though, in spite of the stained bedspread. I did find a small spider crawling across the pillow which grossed me out but since no more bugs appeared after that I didn't complain. The check in staff was very nice and friendly (although maybe that was because I have the same first name as the woman's son!)
The TV is old and doesn't get a lot of channels, but reception is OK. Wifi worked very well. Nice toiletries--shampoo, soap and conditioner and lotion all good quality. No microwave in room, but there are 2 downstairs that are available for use. The room did have a coffeepot.
I had chosen this place because it was close to Midway airport for a 6 am flight. The cab company the front desk staff called for me the night before, did not show up--the driver had fallen asleep and he finally arrived as I was getting into a cab from ANOTHER company we called at the last minute. The point is, if you're leaving super early for the airport, leave extra time, because these cabs are not reliable. The trip cost $28, more than the hotel staff had quoted me the day before.
Location: The hotel is on a fairly deserted side street populated by factory-like buildings and vacant lots, but around the corner is a strip of restaurants and a 7-11. About 6 blocks away is a 24-hour Walgreens--an easy walk, but I wouldn't do it after dark. The area seems like it's trying to improve itself, but I still wouldn't characterize it as "safe." It could be a lot worse though.
I'd definitely come back here--it's a good value if you're on a budget. Hopefully next time I won't be too tired to use the fitness center and won't have to leave so early that I miss the free breakfast.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor, a "non-smoking floor," and I did not smell any cigarette smoke, so...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank flyermontana
Sheena F, General Manager at Motel 6 Bridgeview, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time for such a thorough review of our hotel. I have notified our pest company about the spider, they will be sure to come out and put traps all around the hotel, as it is that time of year that the spiders are moving. I am working with upper management to try and replace some of our bedspreads. I apologize for the cab company that was originally called, that was unacceptable and I will be sure to bring it to the owner's attention (we use one main cab company which has flat rates, and a secondary that is a little higher but works out pretty well if the other company is busy). Thank you again for reviewing our hotel and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were clean, staff was nice, beds very nice, bathroom a bit small but very clean, perfect distance to the airport. Will definately reccomend and stay here again. No a/c problems or weird smells as stated in past reviews. Very fresh clean smell.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Jason S

Thank you for the kind review of our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeview
Super 8 Bridgeview/Chicago Area
#4 of 4 in Oak Lawn
New Relax Inn
New Relax Inn
#2 of 4 in Bridgeview

Been to Motel 6 Bridgeview? Share your experiences!