“One of my top 5 cheeseburgers of all time”
Review of Wally's Drive In

Wally's Drive In
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Breese
West Central Illinois
“One of my top 5 cheeseburgers of all time”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Recently my niece was home for a visit and we took a day and went from town to town in this area. She told me she and her late son would go to Wally's for a burger when he was home so we stopped there for old time sake. Wally's is a little concrete diner that gave me a nostalgic feel of my younger days when we drove up. There is nothing inside but a counter with old bar stools and a kitchen and there is seating outdoors. Since it was raining we made our way inside and luckily found 2 seats at the counter. We both ordered double cheeseburgers with everything, fries and the locally famous Ski soda. The burger and fries arrived piping hot and one bite told me I was at one of the best burger places in my life. The cheeseburger had just enough grease to make it flavorful without being overly greasy. Let's face it, a great burger needs to run a little bit down the chin and make you leave a pile of napkins to be on a level of greatness and this one didn't disappoint. The french fries were just right, not too skinny and cooked to just the right crispness. This burger went down into my top 5 cheeseburgers of all times. I live almost an hour away but I look forward to a weekend drive with friends to the local winery and I'll have to introduce them to a Wally burger!

• Visited May 2014

Belleville, Illinois
“Cheese Burger & Home Made Onion Ring Heaven”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

If you want the best Cheese Burger and Onion Rings in the region, you need to check Wally's out. They have the best fast food in the region. I have eaten here for years. I have eaten many items off their menu and all of these have been fantastic! All of the kids i see eating here love the food too.

• Visited May 2014
“Authentic 50s,60,s atmosphere”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Great burgers. Good service. You know you're gonna get good quality fast food as opposed to a place like McDonald's.

Dayton, OH
“Real Road Side Food from when the Interstate was Rural Highways”
Reviewed July 9, 2008

Wally's is exactly what it promises; The Original Fast Food. From building appearance to great food, it delivers exactly what it promises: window service and outdoor seating. The food was great: fresh burgers, great fries and onion rings and tasty milk shakes.