“so unaccomodating!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bradley
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were guests of this property on August 31, 2013. Our friends had arranged to have their wedding ceremony at this hotel. The staff member at the desk was polite but did nothing to make our stay anything but miserable! We arrived at the hotel at 10:00 am for rehearsal and was told our room was not ready. My husband was the best man and had to be ready for pictures at 2:30 pm. We sat in the hotel lobby all morning, finally at 1:30 we again ask if our room was ready so my husband could shower and change and the clerk said no check in is really not until 3:00 pm. Finally a couple attending the wedding had checked in at 9:30 am said he could shower in their room. At 2:30 she told our party that the rooms were ready except our room. At 3pm it still wasn't ready. The clerk really caused such an awful day just because she could. I would sleep in my car before checking into this hotel!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dana S

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed at this property for a family gathering. The good news is that the rooms are large and spacious. At least that is true of the suites. We were able to all gather in one room for impromptu family gatherings of 6 to 10 people. The king bed was comfortable.

This appears to be an older property that is in need of regular maintenance. Unfortunately, maintenance does not seem to be a high priority with the proprietors. For example, the light in the small toilet alcove was out in our room (housekeeping didn't inform management?) and when we notified the front desk (the second time), we were told the maintenance guy had left for the day and would return the next day. Not a big deal, but we are accustomed to someone being on property to quickly take care of all such problems. Some of the hallways had a bad odor as if there were a problem with ventilation or mold. It was probably the latter as the carpets in the hallways were filthy. There was only one working ice maker for the entire building.

In general the room (particularly the carpet and furniture) was not clean. The vanity in our bathroom was covered with cigarette burns (non-smoking room). The towels and wash cloths were paper thin.

In addition, the front desk staff, while friendly, was unhelpful. As previously stated, we had to talk to them twice about the burned out light in our bathroom only to learn that the maintenance man had left after we asked the second time. When several of us gathered in the lobby (to escape bad odors near our rooms) the lobby coffee area ran out of cups. The front desk person said she would get more put out, but it never happened.

We stayed in this hotel because it was selected by the local family as an inexpensive place for the whole family to stay. It was not really that inexpensive, and it was certainly no bargain since it was a bad experience to stay there. I would have preferred to spend a little more and stayed in a clean, well maintained hotel.

If you have to stay here, be forewarned. It's not a pleasant place to stay and is not worth whatever small savings you may realize.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor seemed to have the worst of the odor problem.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank OldSalt45
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I could write and write but I refuse to waste my time. It's just plain terrible. Run down and nasty. Had to stay here due to making reservations too late in this area. Run!!!! Drive away!!!! This is not a good place for swimming. It's just a scarey looking indoor pool and the hot tub doesn't have water in it.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Hailmarykitchenqueen
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My wife and I arrived June 7th after an exhausting road trip from Florida. We were in town to celebrate our granddaughter's birthday and planned on staying 4 nights. Plans quickly changed when we arrived to the room. The carpets were dirty, the ceiling had patch work done in numerous areas, room and hallways had a bad musty smell, laid my laptop on the nightstand and when I lifted it up a mound of hair was attached to it. I wanted to leave immediately, but due to the late hour and exhaustion we stayed the night and cancelled res for remaining stay. At all cost avoid this place! "Yes, you are better off pitching a tent!"

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dianne N
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Needs to be bull- dozed and start over. Carpets filthy in halls; not much better in rooms. Elevator broke while visiting. Water from tub had pipe sediment coming out. Staff was very nice but they also deserve better working conditions.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank JFSoccerCoach
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here 2 nights. Arriving the room was cold. It took the whole 2 days got the room to get warm. That was heat was on high the entire time. At night they must turn the hot water heater down at night. Because during the day n afternoon u have hot water however at night you don't.

Great Breakfast

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank casselman
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was nervous booking this hotel based on some reviews, but I really had now choice because a friend was having a party down at Olivers (which is connected), and since I'm not from the area, I figured it would be the smart thing to do and just book a room at the connecting hotel instead of booking a different hotel down the road, but wouldn't be able to enjoy as many beverages...

First impressions when I walked in, there was no one at the front desk. I looked around, she was behind the area on her cell phone. Extremely unprofessional. I got checked in pretty quickly and found my way to the elevator. I was a little surprised there was only one elevator. I arrived on my floor and was greatly with dimly lit creepy hallways. It was eerie.

I walked in to my room, and as always, I lock it right away. The chain lock, was half bolted to the wall. See attached picture, obviously, if someone wanted in, they would be able to. Second thing I noticed were the beds. Actually...more so the pillows. There were 3 small square pillows, that looked like throw accent pillows rather than normal sleeping pills...I don't know anyone who sleeps like that. (see another picture).

I sat down on the bed and was confused by the outlets that were running along the wall, never seen anything like that except maybe my dorm room way back when in college, and the alarm clock wasn't even plugged in. As it was sitting on the bed, I noticed that the bedskirt on the other bed had this disguting white like stains on them. No idea what it was, and didn't want to know. (took another picture).

Since I had time to kill, I wanted to heat my up my lunch leftovers, and I go to the microwave (which I will admit was a bonus in the room)....except the power button would not work. So many people had used it (see the picture), that the sensor on the start button was all messed up. So i had to cook it using the "shortcuts" buttons a few times to finally to get it to heat. I then noticed, that the fridge. microwave etc were all plugged in with a serge protector (see picture). I have NEVER been at a hotel where they have to use one of these. That is absurd.

So, I go to take a shower and I noticed the mildew like stuff in the corner of the shower (see picture), and it was only 6:30 p.m. but I had the setting on high and I had luke warm water...no hot water. Secondly, the towels are extremely small and rough.

One of the worst parts was using the sink, the water that came out had an awful sulfur like smell, and I gagged while brushing my teeth with that water. I was dreading doing the same in the morning.

Luckily, I was able to go ask for larger pillows at the front desk and he gave me two that were a little bigger than the other ones, but still not normal sized pillows. Just so random.

The bed I slept on, you could feel the springs while moving around, so needless to say I didn't sleep the best.

When I woke up in the morning, I went to open the blinds (as they were basically shut when I walked in) and I figured out why. The window and the sill is completely disgusting with paint peeling, wood peeling etc. Also the wall paper around it is starting to peel off.

I knew it would have been pointless to make any kind of complaint as based on the all other reviews, it seems like every room was going to have a problem. Plus I was only there for one night.I just find it extremely hard to believe that with tax, a double room was $102 with tax. Do not stay here.

I didn't even eat the breakfast that was offered so I can't comment on that.

Believe all the reviews... the hallways are dimly lit, rooms are dirty and gross, and seems like safety could be a possible issue.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank RebaS83
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradley
Comfort Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 3 in Monee
Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais
Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!