“Not worth the money!!”

Ty Mawr Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just got back from a week away here, paid £571 for a gold plus caravan. Caravan it's self was nice , modern and clean faults was the toilets were blocking every morning and night my partner had to rush to the toilets near reception 2 mornings in a row, we holidayed with a 4 year old child who wasn't able to go toilet as needed because of this!! Also kitchen tap was completely broken would not turn off so my partner had to get a small knife to twist it off. Complained and man said valve on it was on its way out but nothing done about it!! The shower was freezing so the kids would scream every shower time, complained about this too but man never fixed this!! We all went out the 1st night to the club, entertainment was awful the team stars were not pleasant enough to be working with children. There singing was terrible especially pixie!! I always normally holiday in pontins so iam far from stuck up but for the price of this holiday was awful!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Zoe F
Park R, General Manager at Ty Mawr Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Hi Zoe, thank you posting a review regarding your holiday taken at Ty Mawr Holiday Park.
I was disappointed to read that you experienced problems with the toilet and shower facilities in your caravan and despite bringing this to the attention of staff these issues were not rectified for you whilst on Park.

Your concerns have now been brought to the attention of the Maintenance Manager and the Accommodation Manager and together they are reviewing the procedures in place on the Park to ensure that this does not happen again. I would like to apologise to you and your family for the inconvenience caused to you all.

I was also sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the entertainment provided by our Team Stars. All guests comments are passed onto the relevant Managers and investigated with a view to improving the Park.

Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention, it is with comments such as yours that we can continue to improve the service we provide.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,688)

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I visited with my Daughter and two under 5 Grandchildren.We were lucky to see Sparky when we arrived in the car park; as we did not have the scheduled chance to see him on Thursday night, as by the time we got two very excited kids to the showbar, at the post bingo scheduled time, they had already been on!!Cue two distraught little children!!
The teamstars were on the whole good, but didn't seem to realise having a microphone means you do not need to scream, so the noise levels were horrific, especially for little ones, and there were no games catering for them. It was all geared to older children and all far too competetive for young under 5s to understand. They would have been happier with music to dance to , maybe with Sparky and Sparkle making a brief appearance every night.Surely that can't be too hard to arrange can it?
Also constant demands for parents to be up at the stage, were very annoying, and unrealistic, especially when you have other children to look after!!
Teamstar Buddy was very cocky, and totally unable to relate to either adults or children, and seemed to be far away on some teenage ego trip, that didn't include catering for young children at all!!
Luckily we had a gorgeous private caravan, with all the mod cons and decking, situated in a lovely quiet part of the camp.
The swimming pool was not easily accessible to young kids, and anyone with any disability issues. You couldn't walk in, but had to climb up and down one set of rickety metal steps.It was also freezing cold, so much that the kids were blue when we came out. Additionally one of the female pool staff, accused us of taking a swim jacket which we actually bought at South View earlier in the year!!
The staff in the Farmhouse Inn were lovely, and the food really tasty and reasonably priced.
All in all we had a lovely holiday at Ty Mawr, but seriously have never experienced such bad night time entertainment!!It really needs sorting out asap!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review regarding your holiday taken at Ty Mawr. I was disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy the entertainment provided by the Team Stars on site. I have passed your comments onto our Entertainments Manager, who will give feedback to her team and the Regional Entertainments Director. All guests comments are taken on board with a view to improving our Parks. We do have lots of positive feedback regarding our entertainment, so it is always disappointing to hear when a guest is feeling less than satisfied.

I was also sorry to hear that when visiting the swimming pool you found problems with the access into the water and the pool temperature. Once again your comments have been passed onto our Sports and Leisure Manager for her to investigate.

With regards to the member of staff that accused you of taking a buoyancy aid, I would like to offer our sincere apologies. Here at Park Resorts we take great pride in the customer service that we offer; therefore to read your comments is very disappointing. I can assure you that this matter will be looked into and dealt with accordingly. Additional staff training will also be given.

Despite all the issues you have raised I was pleased to hear that you did enjoy your holiday here at Ty Mawr. I do hope that you have not judged us too harshly and that we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to one of our resorts in the near future.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We came to this site in 2010 and thought it was quite good. The staff were so friendly. This time we were unimpressed with a few unwelcoming characters, with terrible customer service skills. The two female dark haired pool attendants were very off, and teamstar Buddy wasn't good with children or adults. He was very cocky and immature, didn't know how to deal with children and is definitely inthe wrong job. However, the other teamstars were great, the staff in the Farmhouse inn were lovely, as were the shop and bar staff. The entertainment was very poor. The bingo was on from 7-8 every night and as we were only staying mon-fri the Sparky Krew show was only on on thursday. We arrived at 8 as the schedule stated and my kids who had been looking forward to seeing Sparky and Sparkle all week, were devastated to find that the show had been on from 7.30-8. So we had the same awful entertainment 'madness and mayhem ' (basically teamstars shouting down the microphone and playing really rubbish, low budget games) for yet another night. Negatives aside, we were really impressed with the caravan. We booked a bronze and got a lovely one, with decking outside and heating in every room. The food in the Farmhouse inn was excellent. We come to Park Resorts every year and had a fab time at Southview in April this year. I think this site is fine and we had a good time due to good company, good weather and a lovely caravan. However, they really do need to work on making the entertainment better for young children and some staff really need customer service training.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Holidaylover787

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent holiday here at Ty Mawr.
I was disappointed to read that whilst on holiday with us you did not receive our usual high standards of customer service from all the staff on the park. Your concerns will be brought to the next Managers meeting and additional training will be given to all staff if deemed necessary.

I would like to apologise that as a previously happy customer when visiting the park in 2010, you have had to raise these concerns. Any issues raised by guests are taken seriously and will be dealt with accordingly.

I was also disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy the entertainment provided by the Team Stars on the park and your comments have been passed onto our Entertainments Manager, who will give feedback to her team and the Regional Entertainments Director. We do have lots of positive feedback regarding our entertainment, so it is always disappointing to hear when a guest is feeling less than satisfied.
Finally I was pleased to hear that you were happy with your bronze caravan, which had a few extras such as heating and decking (which does not come as standard) and did enjoy your holiday despite the concerns you have raised.
I can assure you that all the issues you have raised will be looked into and I do hope that you have not judged us too harshly in this instance and that we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to one of our Parks in the near future.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Reception and food service staff were terrible, not interested and rude at times. Park and our caravan was very run down, and alot of dog litter around the park.
First time at this park and we wont be back.
We have stayed at other Park Resorts and they are nothing like this one.
On a positive note the Teamstars were brilliant.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review regarding your holiday at Ty Mawr. I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us and that the holiday did not meet your expectations.
I would like to assure you that the concerns you have raised have been taken extremely seriously and will be investigated further. At Park Resorts, Customer Care and Service are extremely important to us and we endeavour to ensure that all of our guests receive the highest level of service at all times.
You have mentioned that you were unhappy with the standard of accommodation you were allocated, unfortunately without your reference number I cannot see if this was brought to the attention of staff.
We do encourage guests if they have any concerns to report them whilst on park, to allow staff to endeavour to put things right as soon as possible.
I would again like to apologise for the problems you experienced during your stay with us, I can assure you that we are never complacent about the level of service we provide and are constantly monitoring our processes through the feedback from our guests. Therefore I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, although naturally we regret that it was necessary to do so.

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We recently visited Park resorts Ty Mawr at the end of June 2013 with a Groupon deal. We’d honestly not normally have gone there but we had a deal so we went. There's no real point in reviewing the accommodation in detail for a caravan park. Generally you get what you pay for. Pay for a bronze level van and you’ll get basic but hopefully clean and tidy. Pay for Gold and you know you’ll get something relatively decent with most of the mod-cons you’d want. The only thing I’ll say about the vans before I move onto a review of the Park Resorts Ty Mawr site itself is that the cleanliness wasn’t quite what I’d expect. It wasn’t exactly tropical weather for north wales but the ant infestation was pretty annoying. It shows a lack of care for the park itself and some of their basic jobs like Pest control. There are very few bins around for your rubbish which only served to encourage ants. Also, our van had obviously been smoked in. utterly not acceptable.

The Park itself is tidy and seems moderately well looked after. Staff are friendly enough. Let’s go through the main aspects of the review – Entertainment, Activities, Food/Drink and Overall Opinion:

Entertainment – Ty Mawr has a good selection of arcades for the kids to keep them busy. Not necessarily expensive either as the 2 penny shove games are always a winner with the kiddies. Especially when wet. The evening entertainment though needs some serious looking at. We arrived just before 7 to give the children a chance to have a dance and play before bed. Children’s entertainment stopped at 7 for an hour while Bingo was played. Let’s bear in mind that Bingo is a game that requires peace and quiet to play it. So children are allowed to play and dance and run, and then told to sit quietly and not go to the stage for an hour and then they can get back up there? What? Have these people not brought children up? Bingo between 7 and 8 is utterly ridiculous. Let the kids have their play and fun with the bouncy screamy entertainment people and THEN do the Bingo so parents can leave and take younger ones to bed. I can’t fully express to you how daft it was. Bingo caller kept having to tell children not to come up to the stage – they're 2 and 3 years old. They don’t get it. Oh and if you don’t want kids to climb the stairs to the stage then put a barricade in front instead of getting snippy.

Activities - Pool area was good. Decent size, good slide, nice and safe and clean. Very well lifeguarded with professional friendly staff. Pool is woefully under resources for changing areas though. 6 or 7 cubicles for a full camp is painful.

Food/drink – be prepared for not-family-friendly prices. £18.00 for 2 bottles of cider, a vodka and diet coke and 2 fruit shoots isn’t exactly a good deal. Breakfast at the restaurant in the morning sounded like a good idea and prices were well placed. However be prepared for staff who didn’t really look interested, cold plates, cold food and a very lazy lackadaisical attitude. Cooked breakfast had a nice fresh egg, but it was cold as were the beans, bacon, sausage etc.

Good luck if you stay here. You pays your money you takes your choice.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your holiday taken at Ty Mawr Holiday Park.
I was sorry to hear that you experienced problems with ants in your caravan, I would like to assure you that this is something that our cleaners check for when they are preparing the holiday homes for guests. However as we are set in a semi-rural location, sometimes little insects may find their way into the caravans. Once reported, staff on the park will endeavour to try and resolve or eliminate the problem as quickly as possible.
I was sorry to note that you felt that there was not sufficient bins on the park. We do have bin bays in designated areas around the park and our grounds men will do additional empties if required.
I have passed your kind comments onto our Maintenance Team, who will be extremely grateful that you have taken the time to comment on the park tidiness and how it is well looked after. The team on Park are dedicated to ensuring that the Park looks its best at all times.

With regards to the concerns you have raised with the allocated time of bingo on site. Your comments have been passed onto our Central Office you set out the entertainment programme on all our Parks, all guests comments are taken on board with a view to improving the service we provide. I am sorry that you were unhappy with the programme and for any inconvenience caused to you and your family.
I was pleased to hear that when visiting the onsite swimming pool you and your family enjoyed the experience, once again your comments regarding the limited number of lockers available have been passed onto our Management Team who are constantly looking at ways to improve the facilities here.
I was disappointed to read that when you visited the Farmhouse Pub you found the drinks a little expensive, we do try to compete with our local competitors, your comments have been passed to our National Retail Manager who is constantly monitoring the prices on our Parks.
I was also concerned to read that you were unhappy with the standard of service and food provided in our Farmhouse Pub. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience this caused to you and your family. I have passed your comments onto our Catering Manager who will look into this for you and appropriate action will be taken.
I would like to again apologise that you experienced some issues whilst staying with us. Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention, it is with comments such as yours that we can continue to improve the service we provide

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

we booked to come here to camp but on our arrival we was told their camping site was closed due to their lisence being revoked!!! After travelling 2 hours to get here with a 2 year old we was told we could have a full refund which would take up to 10 days to go in our bank or pay again to camp with a near by site! we had no contact with park resorts about this problem and has left us extremely disappointed with park resorts. the one good experience we've had from this resort is the excellect customer service from Michelle from the farmhouse inn.

regards
kieron

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for posting your recent review following your recent stay at Ty Mawr Holiday Park.
I would like to apologise to you and your family for the problems you encountered on arrival for your camping holiday.
Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances the park did experience problems with their tent licence during June. I would like to assure you that as soon as staff became aware of the situation our booking lines were closed and staff at Ty Mawr made efforts to contact all guests before their arrival to make them aware of the situation and offer telephone numbers for neighbouring sites. Guests were also advised that they could still use the facilities at Ty Mawr if they decided to stay at another site.
Due to banking processes times the refunds were taking between 3 -5 working days for the monies to go back into guests accounts.
I would again like to apologise for the inconvenience caused, I do hope that you have not judged us too harshly in this instance and that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Park Resorts in the near future.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this site from 28/06/13-29/06/13 we had to check out early as children had school Monday.We booked through groupon but upgraded our accommodation to gold and where not disappointed!I had several conversations with sales before arriving at the park and staff went above and beyond to meet our needs.Caravan was immaculate clean tidy and was above my expectations after reading some reviews on here.As we came by car we didn't really spend much time on the complex just used it as a base really but the children enjoyed using the swimming pool and out door football pitch an park.Would definitely visit again but would recommend staying mon-fri rather than weekend as you are literally on the door step of Ryhl so lots to do there too.

• Stayed: June 2013

Hi Vicky, thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent holiday here. It was lovely to hear that you were extremely happy with your upgrade to a Gold caravan and that staff on the park endeavoured to ensure that you had the best stay possible.
As you have confirmed Ty Mawr is ideally located should guests wish to venture off the park for days out or indeed to stay and use the facilities on site, such as the pool and sports courts which your children thoroughly enjoyed.
It was great to hear that you and your family would definitely visit us again, may I take this opportunity to give you are direct number so you can contact the park to make a future booking – 01745 832079.
Once again thank you for your review and kind comments and we look forward to seeing you and your family back at Park Resorts in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Towyn
Pier Hotel Rhyl
Pier Hotel Rhyl
#1 of 5 in Rhyl
Marine Holiday Park
9 mi away
Presthaven Holiday Park
Presthaven Holiday Park
#1 of 8 in Prestatyn

Been to Ty Mawr Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!