Review Highlights

Okay.

Reviewed April 26, 2017
chelsea471
Leeds, England, United Kingdom

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went for a quiet pint spoilt by big dog constantly barking behind bar.
Whilst i like dogs u dont go to any pub to listen to that racket left after one pint wont be returning.
Not exactly good buisness sense
Having said that the larger was ok.
Keep the dogs out the back its a pub not a home

Reviewed July 15, 2018

Pub empty.Temporary landlord about as welcoming as a cold bath in winter.They don’t serve food but it has never been a problem before as we were allowed to take food in from a nearby cafe.I didn’t realise that this luxury was not now allowed so I took some food in.When I had finished I went back to the bar to get a drink.He waited until I had bought drinks before he asked me if I had seen the sign on the gate saying ‘no food’ and did I understand what that meant.The pub yard was filthy.Takeaway boxes everywhere and I realised it was because the bins were overflowing so there was nowhere to put empty food containers but the landlord was blaming the mess on the seagulls.I suppose they are to blame for the copious amounts of cigarette ends thrown on the floor and left as well.His excuse is that he’s looking after the place as a favour.Well I hope he never needs to do me any favours.This place has no atmosphere and the landlord has no personality.Don’t waste your time or money there.

1  Thank blivesey1
Reviewed June 6, 2018

We popped in to The Seagull after a day at the local market and fair - six of us and a bank holiday weekend. Four adults, two children. The place was dark and empty apart from a couple and young boy playing pool. The lady behind the bar was very pleasant and friendly but that's the only plus point in this review. As part of our order, we wanted two glasses of white wine but were told there was only one glass left. One glass of wine left in the pub!!! We sat at a sticky table and had the one drink whilst listening to music which appeared to be the karaoke backing music. Very odd

Reviewed October 15, 2017

Most people who have visited Towyn remember the Seagull. It is on the up after a few years being in the doldrums. The place is clean and the beer well kept. The outside area is popular.

Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

This is the first negative review I have ever left on trip advisor. Me and my boyfriend were in Towyn for the day and decided to call in here just before we went back to Rhyll to catch our train.
I agree with other the reviewers the glasses are filthy and the clientele are scum. The wine was warm, and the gin tasted like a knock off.
We had unfortunately left our rucksack in the beer garden and by the time we'd realised and tried to phone them to see if it had been handed in, we were met with hostility from the person who answered the phone. She informed us with a very bad attitude that no one had handed it in, and she can't check outside to see if it's there. We thought she might have just been a bit busy so decided to call back an hour later. Only to be met with "I told you before no we haven't got it"
We are certainly not used to this attitude in any of the bars we usually frequent. We went in a few lovely pubs further towards Rhyll and the staff and people in there were lovely. DO NOT GO IN!

2  Thank VictoriaElisia
Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

Staff are friendly. Not a large selection of drinks to choose from. Good to come too if you are in the area on holiday and wanting to visit a few pubs in the area on a night out.

Reviewed July 15, 2017

I rented a cottage just round the corner from this pub, so it was handy to nip in and have a drink. Nice decor, clean, outdoor tables (which I made use of). A nice comfortable pub from what I saw, and ideal for quenching my thirst :)

Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

Nice welcome was able to take the dog in also you can take food in there very helpful about local takeaways

Reviewed April 26, 2017

Nice friendly staff. Good entertainment. Can get some rowdy people in. That can happen anywhere though. Seating outside.

Reviewed January 11, 2017 via mobile

This is the best pub in Towyn. This pub has friendly and chatty staff and great entertainment. The staff there are very kind and friendly. The entertainment is karaoke every Friday and Sunday night, the atmosphere there is very friendly. This pub also allows dogs in, which is hard to find nowadays and children are allowed here till 11! Absolutely brilliant. Couldn't fault this pub in the slightest since its been under new management. I highly recommend that you come here!