“Great Stay, Hard to find”

Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bourbonnais
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed two nights to fit in a Kayak trip. Room was very clean and appeared to have relatively new fixtures and furniture. There were two youth baseball teams staying but we were on the third floor, intentionally, and we had no disturbances. Breakfast was unusually good considering how such a breakfast is served.
All was great and I would have given five stars except I save that for more upscale hotels.
One problem that really needs to be addressed is signage. This little gem was really hard to find. It is nestled near a shopping center and the sign is nearly impossible to see. I didn't read directions from the website because I was using a smart phone. The GPS proudly announced we had arrived as we were at 45 mph on route 50.
I highly recommend this hotel for a casual stay. Friendly staff, great service!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed at the Fairfield for a family reunion for two nights. The hotel has the basics in the rooms, the amenities, and the location right off the interstate. Much proffered to anything downtown Kankakee as there is not much happening down there...desolate at best. The staff, however, were the highlight of the hotel...friendly, accommodating and great representatives of hospitality...kudos to all of them!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

I want to thank you for your review. Without guest feedback we cannot improve our services. I would also like to thank you for the kind words concerning our staff. We all strive to make our guests feel like family while they are here and I’m glad that we succeeded. If you ever find yourself back in Kankakee I hope to see you back here at the Fairfield Inn.

John
GM

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here with a baseball group for a tournament this weekend. My son and I had a room with two double beds. The rooms were clean and decorated very modern. The bathroom was a little small, but nothing wrong with it. The hotel does offer a nice hot breakfast on the weekends..complete with scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, bagels, toast, muffins, fruit, cereal, yogurt etc. The hotel is conveniently located to the mall and many other stores.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I asked for their best price I said we have a coupon. We received a quote from the front desk clerk of $59. She called & received approval from a manager. Then she saw our coupon was for $69 & charged the higher rate. Too tired to argue we signed in.
The elevator made so much noise that the Maid held her hands up to Pray the thing would work. The room was OK but the coffee pot only plugged in by crossing the sink (poor planning).

Room Tip: Use the Internet. Use Priceline or Hotwire to receive a better price than we ended up paying.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
KankakeeFM_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for your response, it was well received. I apologize for the miscommunication. The coupon was priced at $69.99 however because we quoted you the $59.99 rate, we will honor that rate. I appreciate your business and will gladly refund the difference. Please call me at 815-935-1334, and ask for John Hammond as I am the General Manager.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were greeted with a smile and hearty welcome. Reservation was handled promptly. We used our Marriott points and assigned a first floor room. As we were settling in we heard the heating unit come on and it had a buzz in it. Did not want to listen to that all night long, so we went to the front desk and requested maintenance to come and repair. Since it was the weekend no maintenance was available, so we were immediately offered another room on the first floor and assistance moving our luggage if we needed it. Room was comfortable and quiet. Good nights rest. Only lacking item was the selections on the breakfast venue. Have seen better at other Fairfields.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed one night for business. The hotel is clean, wi-fi is good, free basic breakfast, and service is good. Nothing spectacular, but good for the area and up to par with most similar brands. One note: unfortunately there is NO GYM at this location. They offer a trade with an outside gym a few miles away, a one day pass was $5 and I had to show my room key.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We had been traveling for hours and the day before Thanksgiving needed a room without a reservation. We had a coupon for this hotel and they took it with a smile. The published rate was $90 even on AARP and we saw good reviews so wanted to stay there. We got the room for $65.99 with a free breakfast. Room was spotless and the staff very friendly. There was a great restaurant within walking distance. We will stay there again.

Room Tip: We always stop at the visitor areas and pick up the room coupons some hotels are good about them oth...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tkdfan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bourbonnais
Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais
Howard Johnson Inn Manteno
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 3 in Monee

Been to Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais? Share your experiences!