Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais
Country Inn
$74
Hotels.com
Hotels.com
All reviewsfree breakfastwill stay there againbed was comfortablefront desk staffexcellent propertysoy milkhotel propertybottle of watershopping mallplace is cleanother hotelscommon areasnice stayno issuestwo nightslots of restaurantsconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stayed at Fairfield Inn while employed at Riverside ER in Kankakee. Got a fabulous hospital rate. Main areas are small but clean and the front desk staff are nice. My only (major) complaint is that I may have developed lung cancer from my "non-smoking" room... My room smells like an ash tray and I woke up with a sore throat and cough! The entire hotel is supposed to be smoke-free but it appears that people do not observe this rule and the Fairfield Inn does not clean the rooms well enough to remove the smoke. Beware of staying here if you do not like cigarette smoke.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank jbmph
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough for the problems expressed by others, but nothing jumped out as dirty. Bedding was very comfortable. Front desk staff was very nice. Breakfast well maintained. Pool and hot tub were fine. Wish the place would have had a workout facility. Nice and quiet, too. Movie theater, lots of restaurants an easy walk away. The area doesn't have a lot of hotel choices, and while this place won't knock your socks off, it won't gross you out, either.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank speedz2
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Upon a late arrival spending 3 nights at this hotel we found the room lacking proper cleaning. Hair in bathtub, on towels and hangers left from previous guests. Had to clean the room. Toilet paper rolls two of them were just about gone. No fresh roll left in room.
Upon calling front desk we were told housekeeper was very good. Hmm...well you would think she would have cleaned it then after being told it was not properly done! Jerry did give a credit for one night.
Her response was that someone must have been sent to the room, used it and then changed rooms. So no one checked to see if the room was in proper order. That to me is not a good way to run a business.
Bathrooms were very small. Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a clean room!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
KankakeeFM_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Brannie,
Thank you for your valuable feedback on your stay; please accept my apologies for these unfortunate issues with your room. After investigating the issue, it was found that someone had been moved from the room and the staff should have rechecked the room before renting it- I agree wholeheartedly with you, we dropped the ball. These actions do not reflect Marriott standards by any means. We appreciate your business, and if you are ever in our city again, please give us another chance to show you we truly care in providing a clean product and great customer service.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this Fairfield Inn for business. Spartan, but adequate. The front desk staff was gracious, helpful and positive. When I went to fill my ice bucket, I found chewed gum and some trash inside. It was replaced with sincere apology. Breakfast was delicious, with a nice variety.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank mym2bw
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed at this location for two nights--12/30-31. Your facility was clean..no problem.
Our main complaint is the fact that we did not have a chair in the room. My husband and I
are 70 years old--having no where to sit except on the bed--was not convenient. We asked about a chair and were told they were only available in a suite. The only seat available was
a desk chair (with wheels). We would like to stay with you again,,as we regularly visit your
town. One other problem--the ice machine was out of order. The only comment from your
front desk was "sorry".