“Excellent Service”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bourbonnais
Illinois, United States
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

The woman at the desk that night provided EXCELLENT and fast customer service. I wish I had gotten her name. Being stranded in a snow storm, I called home to have them find me a place to stay so I didn't freeze to death. Being given the best rate and being greeted with my name and handed a key and being told " You can relax, you are safe now and everything has been taken care of.", I did relax and got the best sleep I have gotten in a long time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 5, 2014

would not recommend this hotel the bathroom was not clean the vending machine was not working and the service not friendly. the pool was closed and the lobby was being remodeled and there was no safety measure in place. the breakfast was not available and the price was the same

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Linda C, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
I was sorry to hear that you had a unsatisfactory stay, while here at the Hotel. Yes the hotel is under a renovation. There is a booking message to let all guest know before they stay so they can choose another property if it is an issue. I have not notes or have had no desk associate tell me there were any issues with your stay. Did you let anyone know? The breakfast was up and going during your stay, What do you mean unavailable?
As well not sure what is meant by no safety measure.
I would like to speak to you if you would. Or if not if you could please clarify a few of the response.
I will be happy to issue you a 100% . Please let me know what we can do to correct these issues.

Linda Curwick
Hotel
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed December 30, 2013

No one present at front desk when I arrived to check in. She came in to hotel 10-15 minutes later from outside. Hotel was under major construction and I was not notified, and was not allowed to change or cancel reservation.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Linda C, Manager at Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
I do understand the frustration of our o\hotel being under remodel. I am curious as to how you booked your reservation. As the message to all guests is on our website, and also on 3rd party websites.(if you scroll to lower section of page).
If you booked through expedia, or travelocity etc. they would have to cancel not the hotel, And we have honored any guest request to cancel if they call us.
The night auditor was not actually outside she was preparing the breakfast.
I apologize you did not enjoy your stay, and I do hope you will return upon completion of our projects to see all the wonderful changes.
Mt. Airy, United States
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Lobby and breakfast areas under renovation and pool unavailable due to renovations. Facility and rooms very clean and spacious, but dated. Mattresses very comfortable. Considering the renovations, alternative breakfast location in meeting rooms more than adequate. Room rate should have been less considering the conditions. For $10 more could have gone to Hilton Garden Inn and for less to the Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Chicago, United States
Reviewed December 16, 2013

There were little bugs in the bathtub and on the shower curtain every morning that I had to rinse out myself. The pool was closed when we got there due to a new one being installed one of the main reasons I chose this hotel over the Hilton right next door was due to the pool and location of being just a bit closer to where I was visiting for the weekend. I called to check on a few things early and not once did either of the two people who I spoke to let me know that the pool was closed. AND BACK TO THE BUGS...that was just really really bad!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while visiting our daughter at Olivet. It was clean, well-cared for, and had excellent staff -- especially Cheryl the Saturday morning desk clerk. The room was well-appointed and very nice...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I travel extensively and I've stayed in some hotels that should have been perfect but was less than. When traveling you never know what to expect to find when you rent a hotel room, even though you researched it. Hampton Inn, Bradley Illinois was a wonderful experience with the hotel staff and well kept clean rooms. Restaurants and stores all with in walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bourbonnais
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 6 in Bourbonnais
Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais
Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno
Howard Johnson Inn Manteno
Red Roof Inn & Suites Monee

Been to Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais? Share your experiences!