“Good Location with a good breakfast”

Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bourbonnais
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Location is convenient to shopping / movies / restaurant in attached shopping mall. Also mall circle is great for a jog in the morning before shoppers arrive and to look at birds in the surrounding ponds. Location close to I-57 allowing quick trip back to Manteno where we were visiting. Breakfast was varied with several healthy choices. Overall a very good hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Wasn't bad for the price... room was ok shower didnt work.. Pool was very cold and there was no hot tube like we where told there was.. also had an issue with billing that no one can seem to help me with... Overall not that bad for oll the hotels in the area being booked.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have spent two weeks here on a business trip from out of state. I have been very impressed with this hotel. It is in a very good location with lots of restaurants in the area within walking distance, a huge mall across the street, Barnes and Noble, Target and other stores very close. It has been very quiet and the beds are very comfortable The pool was open every time I went and I had it all to myself and it is very nice. I can't say enough about the staff.....exceptionally accommodating. No problem with hot water every morning for showering and the breakfast area was excellent. Linens always felt fresh and clean and very white. Every time I passed the front desk I was asked if I needed anything and the housekeepers were very friendly and they also asked often if I saw them if I had everything I needed. They went out of their way every time to make sure I was comfortable. I asked for extra hangers and they were at my door within minutes. A friendly "Hello, how are you today" was heard every time I saw a staff member....smiles and sincere friendliness here! I will most definitely stay here again next time I am in the area. I highly recommend this hotel for your home away from home.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

While the location and accessibility is good, the hotel itself is not up to the standards of other Hamptons I've stayed in. Needs updating, new carpet, paint, furniture. The elevator is loud, could hear doors closing all night and morning, people walking in the hall.

• Stayed: April 2013
Linda C, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. Thehotel is actually up for some renovations this year. We hope to see you in the future to enjoy the changes

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We were visiting our daughter and new grandson at a hospital near Bourbonnais and this was just a few miles north. We have stayed in the area often being our children all attended a university nearby. The hotel was clean, friendly staff and easy exit off the interstate highway. There are many restaurants and shopping (mall across the parking lot). Whether visiting family, business, or college functions, a great place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was skeptical of staying here due to the other reviews I read prior to bookinf the room but I went ahead and stayed there anyway. It was an incredible stay. There was a gymnastic competition in town with hundreds of kids and we never heard any disturbing noises. The room was great, the breakfast was better than I thought and the value, for such a busy weekend, was outstanding. The pool felt crowded but it was understandable due to the amount of kids staying there. Staff was prompt and corteous in every request. We were schedule for three events during the day. My son's last competition was at 3p.m. and they allowed me to check out at 1:30 so I could come back and relax between events and not having to carry my bags with me all day...AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Find out if hotel is full...if so, go to second floor...if not, don't worry, you will enjoy it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Linda C, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for your very kind review..? The staff here at the Hampton Inn works very hard to assur every guest is comfortable andhappy with their stay. Again thank you so veryy much..

Reviewed January 13, 2013

It is unacceptable for a hotel not to have hot water for a shower every morning. The internet was slow, and there were no outlets for computers or phone chargers. This hotel is outdated and in need of repair. Not up to the Hampton Inn standards. I am a Hilton Honors traveler and will not stay here again. There is a Holiday Inn Express right next door. I feel smarter already!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kyle C
Linda C, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

I am sorry you had to deal witht the issue of the lack of hot water here at the hotel . We have had the situation looked at and are working deligently to repair the problem. Our hotel is actually begining a remodel in the next 30 days and it my hope you will return to visit us. I want to thank you for your comments and hope to see you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bourbonnais
Comfort Inn
Howard Johnson Inn Manteno
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 3 in Monee

Been to Magnuson Hotel Bourbonnais? Share your experiences!