“While I've never put HIEs at the top of my hotel experience list, this one falls short of even the typical HIE experien”

Holiday Inn Express Bourbonnais (Kankakee / Bradley)
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bourbonnais
Nebraska
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have been a Priority Club (now IHG Rewards) member for years and years and stayed at likely more than my fair share of HI properties. This one is likely at the bottom of the barrel. Falling short of expectations on most fronts, the best thing I can say is that the location isn't bad, but the Hampton is right next door (they actually share a parking lot) and it is a nicer hoptel AND less expensive !

Problems across the board with less than knowledgable front desk help to running out of juices in the breakfast bar on a Friday and being out the entire weekend. Just no attention to detail. The air con worked okay and the beds were acceptable, but again I can get more for less right next door.

Room Tip: Look next door at the Hampton Inn, better hotel, better breakfasts, better bang for the buck
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank JZ111
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bourbonnais (Kankakee / Bradley), responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear JZ111,

Thank you for being a IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we were not able to satisfy you with the service you have received.

Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Memphis, TN
Reviewed June 7, 2013

So, we pulled in here on our way to Chicago. Convenient location off of expressway. The room was typical Holiday Inn Express - nothing special - reasonably clean. Only real downside was that hotel was occupied by two floors of sports teams. I grimaced and resigned myself to a no sleep night. Surprisingly, the place was not terribly loud and we actually got a reasonable nights sleep. Staff was great. Internet fast. Breakfast was swamped by kids so we passed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roboird
hieteresa, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bourbonnais (Kankakee / Bradley), responded to this review, July 24, 2016
Sorry Slow Response
Thanks
Teresa Holiday Inn Express Staff
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This hotel has the best staff which enabled my time away from home to be pleasant. All of the staff members seem to enjoy their jobs and extremely friendly. The room was clean and staff was always visible to assist me with my needs whether it was housekeeping, maintenance, or somewhere to eat close by. The breakfast was typical but better than other chains-they offered pancakes, boiled eggs, meat (some mornings), cinnamon rolls, juice, and an array of breads. Fresh coffee could usually be found in the lobby. There were two computers for guest use with a printer-which was very convenient since we needed to print tickets, etc. The indoor pool appeared clean-although I never used it. The workout facility was nice with all new equipment.
The only negative was the internet access was below average at night for some reason-I had a hard time connecting and staying connected-
A few employees I would like to mention by name include: DJ, Thomas, Ed, and Lonnie-I thought they went above and beyond-They really made my stay pleasant. Thanks to all who work there..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LisaA1970
hieteresa, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bourbonnais (Kankakee / Bradley), responded to this review, August 11, 2016
Sorry Slow Response. Thanks for kind words.
Holiday Inn Express
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

The service is good, staffs are very friendly and helpful. I never had a problem to get a room or to extend my stay. Very professional and a big thanks to ED and his guys. The only negative is housekeeping. It's unbelievable how sloppy they act here. Since five years I running out of understanding how people can forget to replace toilet paper, soup, shampoo or even to clean up the whole room. It seems to be doesn't matter how much or if I leave a tip on the bed. Tonight, 5/21/13, room 335, I came back and the room wasn't even touched. Two weeks ago they changed at least the bed sheets at Sunday, but they didn't care at all about the bathroom. Sure, it is useless to mention that you should rather rent an apartment in order to avoid a dust allergy. I am wondering what people may think of, if they do not care they job as we get charged for? I would feel ashamed if I would do my job with so less self-pride. How it is possible that people forget to take care daily routine? Would it be not the same if I would work in a car factory, responsible for it to put in every car the gear box, but in some cars I simply forget about it? Well, everything has a reason. I call it simply lack of work attitude. If I would take care my job the same way as housekeeping here, my customers wouldn't need me anymore.

Stayed May 2013
1 Thank andreas_schuck
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is dirty. I was very disappointed. This was my 2nd stay at a HIEx, and I had some brand expectations that were not met. The mattresses were uncomfortable, and there was no mattress pad. The room was dusty and musty. It was clear the housekeeping department is not well managed. When I checked in on Sunday evening, the elevator was in need of sweeping and mopping. It was not touched during my stay, and there was something so sticky on the floor, my shoes stuck to it. USA Today is placed outside each guest room, but the majority of guests don't pick them up. I don't understand why fewer are not purchased and just placed in the breakfast area, as the halls appear littered. Though someone goes down the halls to place all those papers, my bill was not placed under my door, and I had to check out 80's style. On the plus side, the location is convenient and the complimentary breakfast was well done. If management would pay attention to the small details of the guest experience, this review would be much better. I was traveling on business, and this was a first stay at a HIEx for my peer. This hotel hurts the brand for new comers.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CJM1987
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bourbonnais (Kankakee / Bradley), responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear CJM1987,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. The issues you have raised about the cleanliness of the hotel will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed March 21, 2013

stayed here for a night in march 13. room is comfortable thou small. the breakfast was very good especially the cinnamon rolls. i have never tasted one so good. flood lights in the neighbourhood flow straight thro the windows.

Room Tip: take rooms near the lobby to avoid long walks with the luggage.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rajeshamir
Sorry slow response. I do like cinnamon roll with my coffee.
O'Fallon, Illinois, United States
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I've read other reviews about this hotel with a lot of negative comments but I did not experience any of that. My family and I were staying during the Thanksgiving holiday and we got good service from the front desk, a clean, warm indoor pool with towels, a decent selection of breakfast items at the continental breakfast bar, and a good room overall. We used our awards points to get the room for free but that did not change the nice service we received.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Steven S
Sorry slow response. Thanks for kind words.
Teresa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bourbonnais
Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais
#4 of 6 in Bourbonnais
Hilton Garden Inn Kankakee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno
Red Roof Inn & Suites Monee

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bourbonnais (Kankakee / Bradley)? Share your experiences!