“Housekeeping is non-existent?”

Holiday Inn Express Bourbonnais (Kankakee / Bradley)
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bourbonnais
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This hotel is dirty. I was very disappointed. This was my 2nd stay at a HIEx, and I had some brand expectations that were not met. The mattresses were uncomfortable, and there was no mattress pad. The room was dusty and musty. It was clear the housekeeping department is not well managed. When I checked in on Sunday evening, the elevator was in need of sweeping and mopping. It was not touched during my stay, and there was something so sticky on the floor, my shoes stuck to it. USA Today is placed outside each guest room, but the majority of guests don't pick them up. I don't understand why fewer are not purchased and just placed in the breakfast area, as the halls appear littered. Though someone goes down the halls to place all those papers, my bill was not placed under my door, and I had to check out 80's style. On the plus side, the location is convenient and the complimentary breakfast was well done. If management would pay attention to the small details of the guest experience, this review would be much better. I was traveling on business, and this was a first stay at a HIEx for my peer. This hotel hurts the brand for new comers.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CJM1987
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bourbonnais (Kankakee / Bradley), responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear CJM1987,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. The issues you have raised about the cleanliness of the hotel will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 21, 2013

stayed here for a night in march 13. room is comfortable thou small. the breakfast was very good especially the cinnamon rolls. i have never tasted one so good. flood lights in the neighbourhood flow straight thro the windows.

Room Tip: take rooms near the lobby to avoid long walks with the luggage.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rajeshamir
hieteresa, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bourbonnais (Kankakee / Bradley), responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2016

Sorry slow response. I do like cinnamon roll with my coffee.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I've read other reviews about this hotel with a lot of negative comments but I did not experience any of that. My family and I were staying during the Thanksgiving holiday and we got good service from the front desk, a clean, warm indoor pool with towels, a decent selection of breakfast items at the continental breakfast bar, and a good room overall. We used our awards points to get the room for free but that did not change the nice service we received.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Steven S

Sorry slow response. Thanks for kind words.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I normally stay at the Hilton Garden Inn further down I57 but stayed at the Holiday Inn to be with my group. I have stayed at this location before but not for a while. The room was clean but other than the flat screen TV, it seemed old and dated. There was a musty, almost smoky smell (non-smoking room) when I checked in but it wasn't too strong and I got used to it. I'll be back at the HGI the next time but the Holiday Inn is probably the 2nd best hotel in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank 2BEis2SKI

Sorry slow response.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Had the pleasure of spending the night at the above property. In the past couple of years we have found Holiday Inn Express to be on our "Favs" list. This one in ILL has to be one of the best.
In chatting with the manager (Edward Walz) in the morning we were impressed with how proficiently he handled a number of our questions about the area. The breakfast was great and the lady, sorry we don't have her name, would brighten anyone's day, she was great, we even convinced her to take a trip to Branson.

Room Tip: Great staff, quiet and comfy bed. Would go out of my way to stay there again.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Roscoetex
KAKBD, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bourbonnais (Kankakee / Bradley), responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Your kind words are greatly appreciated, we look forward to your return visit to our hotel.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

The front desk staff at the Holiday Inn Express is excellent! They are very friendly, courteous, and helpful. I have stayed with them for the past 5-6 weeks and it has felt like home. They are there to accommodate any requests I have or to answer any questions I have to ask.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chad B

We appreciate your kind comments, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

No real beefs with this hotel but no accolades either. Suites were clean and comfortable but showing their age. Our first room had an issue with the air conditioner for which we were given a fan to help move the air (it was a 98 degree day). When that didn't do the job, we were given a new room. Breakfast was solidly average as was the staff although we were warmly welcome by the front desk agent. No real complaints but for $150+ a night for a suite, I think you could probably do better.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank SciGuyMrD

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. I apologize for the air conditioning not working properly. We constantly strive to improve our hotel and our staff, so that we can make our guests comfortable. We hope to see you again in the future.

Edward

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bourbonnais
Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 3 in Monee

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bourbonnais (Kankakee / Bradley)? Share your experiences!