Holiday Inn Express Bourbonnais (Kankakee / Bradley)
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bourbonnais
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Clean and well kept, check in staff was great, typical Holiday Inn Express. Good location - hosts a lot of people for Bears training camps

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Eric H
hieteresa, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bourbonnais (Kankakee / Bradley), responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2016

Sorry slow response. First preseason game tonight Go Bears.

Reviewed September 7, 2011

Stay began with our reservations being incorrect – though I reserved a king, "non smoking" suite for my wife and our kids - they held a king, "smoking" suite for us. The hotel was “full” but they were able to find a double queen, non smoking suite, not what I reserved but it had to do. Room had a damp, musty smell, nothing else available. Next, this Holiday Inn Express allows dogs. Found this out when the dog on our floor started barking after 9 that night. I did not notice anything on their website re: dogs allowed while researching this hotel and would not have booked our stay had I known this huge fact. Called the front desk and was told, hotel is full and dogs are allowed on every floor, so could not escape the barking. Also, our kids are allergic to dogs. If you are not a dog lover and / or like a peaceful night's sleep, stay elsewhere. Finally, to cap off our trip, while packing to leave, we found a bag of dirty clothes (not ours) behind the curtains in the room (I informed the front desk). We had these issues in a suite, I would be very hesitant of their regular rooms. Glad we booked only 1 night -

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank FamilyMan0010

Sorry slow response.This Holiday Inn Express Dog Friendly.
Staff

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Due to a problem with the closing date on our house we ended up staying in this hotel for over a month. Yep, an entire month in a hotel. The staff was very friendly, the room was always clean, and breakfast was yummy (bacon or sausage, eggs, cinnamon rolls, etc.). We also had our two, very large, dogs in tow with us, and the manager was great about setting us up in a room close to the exit. Overall it was a great hotel experience, and I definitely recommend this hotel if you end up in the Kankakee area.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank c_juleski

Sorry slow response. Yes we still are a dog friendly property.
Holiday Inn Express Staff

Reviewed June 30, 2011

I made reservations for a two week with stay on a business trip and the first night I showed up after work, I was told they did not have a room available for me. All they had was a smoking room. I had to at the last minute find another hotel. I ended up staying at the Fairfield Inn (phenomenal service by the way). I cancelled my reservation with Holiday Inn. The next week, they charged me for the first night stay, even though I had cancelled. I called and spoke to Ed (Edward) the hotel manager to correct this and he refused to do so. I was told that there is no one else I can speak to regarding this, matter, he is the only one that can take care of this and he was not going to do anything about it. He was extremely rude.

I travel for work and stay at hotels quiet a bit and never have I experienced anything like this.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Ricky020202
KAKBD, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bourbonnais (Kankakee / Bradley), responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Unfortunately, this is a reservation issue, in which your company failed to cancel your reservation that we held for you when we were sold out. I apologize for your situation but this wasn't the fault of the hotel. I even offered you a free night stay when you came back even though you have never stayed at this property but you declined and felt obligated to make a review.

Reviewed June 20, 2011

My wife daughter and two other girls stayed here for a softball tournament. The 1st morning one girl woke up with "Mosquito bites." The next morning my daughter woke up with bed bug bites all over her lower legs. The 1st girls then realized she had bed bugs also. The 2 others only had a few bites. Needless to say we are appalled. Upon notifying the management we were told they had the pest people in the room and they found nothing. Upper level management has yet to return our calls. Stay here at own risk.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank tigag

I apologize that you felt that bedbugs were in one of our rooms, but this wasn't the case. The room was inspected thoroughly as we take all these situations quite seriously. Once again no bedbugs were found or even seen according to the guest.

Reviewed June 5, 2011

We recently stayed at this hotel with my daughter's softball team. We booked this group outing with Ed a few weeks prior and he was very knowledgeable on the phone. It's nice to see that his wonderful phone service carries over with the rest of the hotel employees as well. It was raining all day so our first games were canceled. We arrived at the hotel much earlier than check in allows. The service at the front desk was exceptional. With such a large group (11 families) they offered us a meeting room to wait in and hurried as quickly as possible to have our rooms ready. They did so very quickly which wasn't expected considering they had a full hotel the previous night. The rooms were very clean, beds comfortable and service even better. Breakfast area is quite large which overlooks the pool area so we could watch our children swimming. We will play several more tournaments in this area and will book rooms at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank screennamemom

Sorry slow response. Ed is still manager thanks for kind comments.

Reviewed May 7, 2011

I was traveling from Indiana on my way to visit a friend in Iowa. There was a really bad snow storm that night and I could not drive any further. I always stay at Holiday Inn's however this was my first experience at a Holiday Inn Express. I was pleased at how accommodating the staff was and how well kept the whole property was. The desk staff was smiling as soon as I walked in the door, ready to greet me. After the stressful trip I had just encountered, they made check in so easy and pain free. Once to my room, I could relax. The room was spotless and smelled very nice. Almost like a meadow of spring flowers. Which was very inviting since it was a blizzard outside!! I slept like a baby that night. The next morning I went down for breakfast, because I was very intrigued to check out their continental breakfast. I was expecting donuts and coffee but, wow! They had biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls, scrambled eggs and so much more! Check out was as simple as check in. They thanked me for staying, had my bill ready, and wished me safe travels. I make this trip to Iowa to see my friend once a year and will definitely staying at this property again!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank sep2111882

Sorry for slow response. Glad we were able to help.
Teresa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bourbonnais
Fairfield Inn Kankakee Bourbonnais
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Manteno
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 3 in Monee

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bourbonnais (Kankakee / Bradley)? Share your experiences!