“Chicago Dough”

Chicago Dough Company
Ranked #8 of 80 Restaurants in Bourbonnais
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Like most people I have often found that there are days when a hot pizza and a cold beer can be the perfect dinner. Recently I was traveling through Bourbonnais and forced to seek sanctuary at a local hotel due to the weather. So, I decided to take my better half out for a pizza and beer at one of my favorite pizza establishments.

I am partial to The Chicago Dough Company and have been since the 70's where I spent many hours with family & friends at the Richton Park location. As far as pizza goes I have never been disappointed! Whether it's a thin crusted pizza or, my favorite, the deep dish pan pizza...I have found no comparisons. Anywhere. They have a fantastic menu and always a wonderful staff.

So, why didn't I give the Bourbonnais location 5 stars? We dinned in and had to wear our coats at the table (and I wish I had worn extra socks) because if it was more that 55 degrees in the dining area I would be surprised. Honestly, my beer got colder after it was served. My teeth chattered and my feet froze. I don't find that an enjoyable dining experience.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Just had this pizza yesterday. I ordered by other peoples recommendations. I looked up their menu online and chose the Crowd Pleaser option. Was asked if I wanted the large or extra large. Said $3 more for extra large was ok. Wanted it delivered to the hotel, so I wanted to pay with credit card, was put on hold for several minutes, manager came on, asked him if it was a deep dish (which is what I wanted) he said no but that he could change the order. Then I was charged the extra money anyways! The pizza was dry, the crust wasn't even attached to most of the pizza and whoever cut that pizza, shouldn't be allowed to ever again, there were tiny little corners of pizza cut off. Salad was very wet. Only good thing was the breadsticks. Will not order again, especially after being over charged!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Very pleasant eatery with interesting decor. Staff was very friendly and checked on me often. Was eating alone and they made me feel at home. Food was good and they serve beer!

1  Thank schatz8762
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a great pizza joint, the deep dish wasn't entirely traditional Chicago style, but it was good. We had the BBQ chicken deep dish and liked it a lot.

The decor is whimsical, and the place felt clean. Definitely worth coming to, and if are ever back in town, we'd eat here again.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is my favorite pizza place ever. I have lived all over the US and every time I visit my family we have to go here. They have a pizza buffet during the work week for lunch and on Tuesday nights too that is outstanding. It has thin crust, deep dish, pasta, salad bar, and dessert pizza (cherry is the best).The owner, Glenn, is often in the dining room and is very friendly.