“Diane Cravens” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bourbonnais
Houston, Texas
“Diane Cravens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

After reading bad reviews I have to say this was the best place we stayed on our trip to visit relatives. Staff. etc was perfect. Thanks for making our stay hassle free, We will be back on our next trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Terri C, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
You had other choices at our exit and you chose us. Then you had a great stay. This is exactly what our entire team strives for on a daily basis. Thank you for the recognition. We look forward to seeing you again. Terri, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

I was a bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews, but the hotel far exceeded my expectations. My room was large and quiet. There is a selection of pillows on the bed (soft vs firm), the room was clean and updated, TV was large and clear, room temp was easy to control. Room had both a refrigerator and microwave, along with a single cup coffee pot. Breakfast was adequate - anytime breakfast is included is a plus in my book since it cuts down on the cost of eating out. Free newspaper in the lobby, along with 24 hour coffee.

Room Tip: I was given the room directly above the check-in desk, and it was large and very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sue D
Terri C, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
I am really glad you gave us a try. We are a very clean and welcoming hotel. Reviews posted on this site are not verified and that is a problem. It is very hard anymore to know what is truth and what is very embellished. Again, I am glad you stayed and very glad you posted your honest thoughts. Sincerely, Terri GM
Manito, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed one night with large group. Room with two queen beds, relaxing chair, desk, microwave, mini refrig, and dresser. Free breakfast (hot) and large eating room. Staff helpful and friendly, especially Alyssa, Front Desk Manager. Kids enjoyed pool and hot tub. One of the best hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LinWey
Terri C, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Alyssa is a gem and we are very happy to have her on staff. We are also glad you had a great stay! Everyone here strives to have guests leave with the same feeling you have. We look forward to your return, Terri GM
Grapevine, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

We booked 2 rooms for two nights. Whoever took the call added an extra day to one of the rooms. When checking out, the bills were separate. We were delayed 15 minutes to our flight because of their mistake them charged for a night we had not booked. We did not get a copy of either receipt. We saw the one receipt showed 3 days for I room. They said we did not cancel in time. We said we were not aware we were registered for a third day. We had flights out of O' Hare early. I called the manager and explained both room were booked for two nights and paid by same credit card. Meaning the staff had added a day to one of the rooms. Their mistake. She said she would not take the charge off and to call the credit card. I do not want to file a dispute with my credit card. This was clearly a mistake by the staff. The manager,Teri, hung up on my several times. I contacted someone at the corporate office who said he needed more information. Since we were not given a receipt upon leaving, I tried to call and request receipts and all information pertaining to our stay. Again I was hung up on. Very bad customer service by the top management. I do believe I should be able to receive copies of receipts. In addition to that, neither room was cleaned from the first night and no additional towels were given to us for the second night. This manager needs some customer service training skills. Better yet, she needs to be fired. As you can see from other reviews.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kim R
Terri C, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Part of my duties are to uphold cancellation policies in fairness to all of our guests and the ones who were denied a room. Your group signed an agreement that they were aware of the policy. What transpired through communications between myself, you and your husband are misrepresented above.

Terri, GM

Travelers are raving about these Bourbonnais hotels

Schaumburg, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

We were staying in town for a youth sports tournament and had a group rate of $95 per night. Room included a good enough hot breakfast. Staff was young, but friendly enough. Lobby area was clean and strangely decorated with an ocean theme. Room appeared to be half renovated with comfortable beds, fresh linens and pillows, and new flat screen TVs. A microwave and fridge were clean and working. The air conditioning, however, was ancient and had two temperatures: frigid and off. The bathroom was beat-up, in need of a deep clean, fresh paint, and door hardware. I wouldn't stay in this motel if given a choice.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
We are considered a 2 star hotel. The value vs price paid actually represents a 3 star hotel. We have renovated all areas except our bathroom tubs. We plan to refinish the tubs in the near future. We hope you enjoyed the clean rooms and friendly service you recieved during your stay. Terri, GM
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

They told me I needed additional credit card for my check in even though I told them I will be using a Corporate Lodging Card. They then called me back and said no additional credit card will be needed and they were sorry. I was there on my second day and they locked me out my room saying once more they needed a additional credit card. They also entered my room while I had in place a do not disturb sign hanging. They said they only let a room go without entry for no more than 1 day. I was trying to save them some money on labor since I had plenty of clean towels left. I did leave out some electronics that I would have secured If I had known this. Please be advised the General Manager will NOT abide by a DO NOT DISTURB sign if you put one out. My Discussion With the General Manager Caught her off guard and she called the police to have me removed. I was leaving anyway! I went next door to Holiday Inn Express....NO ISSUES!

Room Tip: Go Next DOOR I you hang a sign saying DO NOT DISTURB they will anyway!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank corpamericatraveler
Terri C, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Guest, It is unfortunate that I had to have you removed by the police. If anyone on the staff feels threatened we call the police for the safety and security of the other guests. Terri
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bourbonnais
No photo provided
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#1 of 3 in Monee
Howard Johnson Inn Manteno

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!