“Good value but room did stink”

Bolingbrook Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Bolingbrook
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Got a really great through Priceline so no complaints about the rate. The location was perfect for us. Basic room. Nonsmoking room smelled like smoke. I just spray air freshener and it was ok. Shower water pressure bad. AC cold though! Didn't eat the free breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013
BOLINGBROOKLQGM, Manager at Bolingbrook Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I truly appreciate your feedback; it is mine and our team’s goal to provide the guests with a positive and memorable experience.
I do apologize that your last experience was not what you had expected from La Quinta.

Nonetheless, I do appreciate your time to provide a review for us on Trip Advisor.
Your continued satisfaction and trust in La Quinta are our top priorities.

We hope you will be staying with us again.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Good property with a good size pool but over chlorinated. Service was average and checkout was less than average. Overall the property is acceptable, however, the halls smell like ethnic food, so better ventilation should be looked into. For the price the place was acceptable

1  Thank Travelsalot411
BOLINGBROOKLQGM, General Manager at Bolingbrook Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

I truly appreciate your feedback; it is mine our team’s goal to provide the guests with a positive and memorable experience.
I do apologize that your last experience was not what you expected from La Quinta.

I do appreciate you taking few minutes away from your busy schedule to provide a review for us on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have stayed at many LaQuintas and have typically found the chain a good mid-range price alternative. I do have to say that there is quite a bit of variability in the quality across individual motels and some I find don't meet the minimum requirements that my spouse finds acceptable.

This one failed the minimum requirements in our recent stay due to the following:
1.) Third floor non-smoking room smelled smoky in hallway as entire floor apparently not non-smoking
2.) Outside auxilary door entrance lock nonfunctional on first day of stay. Anyone could get in the building after hours without a room key. To LQ's credit this was fixed by the second night.
3.) No flatscreen TV--I expect a flatscreen and when it is not there it is a disappointment
4.) No ice in floor ice machine. Later a sign went up that ice machine was out of operation
5.) Stairway carpet very dirty
6.) It rained the first night of our stay and the parking lot was flooded the next day. A man with a pump came in to pump the lot out but this took most of the day

Well, I think you get the idea. Any one of these would not be too upsetting but when you put them all together it ends in an unpleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We've discovered staying in this area of Bolingbrook/Joliet/Romeoville, it's really hard to find a decently priced hotel that's decent to stay in. We've had a lot of lemons. This one, though it seemed a bit odd at first, wasn't too bad.
The staff is nice and friendly. The beds are rather comfortable. The breakfast has some good options that you don't need to eat out if you catch the breakfast.

The one night we came back after spending the afternoon out, and the elevator was broken. Thankfully the hotel don't have too many floors.
We did notice that the hotel has a bit of a musty smell once the grapefruit air freshener that the house keeping staff uses wares off, but it wasn't horrible.
The rooms have nice leather reclining chairs off to the side. Though some look to have had better days, they were comfortable.
They still have old tube tv's in the room, the sound quality was definitely lacking, but we made due. The bathrooms are small, and the lights flicker funny when you turn it on, but overall it was ok.
The closet cracked me up, because the doors didn't go all the way to the ceiling, and you can tell they just crafted a solution to make it look nice, but when you open the door and see the molding to hold the door doesn't close off the closet, it's just comical. I wasn't impressed with the hotel, but it wasn't bad, we will probably stay here in the future, there were no major issues with the hotel, staff or room.
Plus a rarity when staying at a hotel, the room had a safe!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Travel4Fun31

I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Chicago - Bolingbrook La Quinta. We look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future. I do appreciate your business and taking few minutes away from your busy schedule to go on Trip Advisor and writing the review for us.

Hopefully we will see you soon.

Thank you.

A La Quinta traveler
Muscatine, Iowa, USA
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed July 16, 2013

On the road again . Good price . Rooms are ok . Service very good . Breakfast not bad . The location is good . Lots of restaurants, stores . The pool area need some windows was like a sauna , also to be clean and towels .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hopefully we will see you soon.

Thank you.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for two nights and our room was one room away from the "smoking" half of the third floor. It was repulsive and everything smelled like smoke after we checked out. we asked prior to arrival if there was smoking and they lied outright that there was no smoking at the hotel.
The hotel staff were rude, indifferent and do not know how to run a hotel. There are other options around -- we were part of a group and had to stay together-- nearby the hotel. Do not under any circumstances stay at this La Quinta.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Mike Chikani.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolingbrook
Ramada Bolingbrook
Aloft Bolingbrook
#3 of 9 in Bolingbrook
Hampton Inn Suites Bolingbrook
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Romeoville - Bollingbrook

Been to Bolingbrook Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!