“better than average”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Bolingbrook
A TripAdvisor Member
“better than average”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The air conditioners could use an overhaul along with their mattresses but what they lacked in comfort they made up for at breakfast along with their service. The pool was clean and they provided plenty of towels. The quality of breakfast food rivaled that of McDonalds, for some that may be bad but for others like myself it is was well received.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

BOLINGBROOKLQGM, General Manager at Bolingbrook Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Chicago - Bolingbrook La Quinta. We look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future. I do appreciate your business and taking few minutes away from your busy schedule to go on Trip Advisor and writing the review for us.

Hopefully we will see you soon.

Thank you.

Mike Chikani.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Two out of two rooms stunk like mildew/wet. The front desk was nice enough about moving rooms and one room was much worse than the other. You wonder if every room smells bad The room was not all that clean. Would not stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I truly appreciate your feedback; it is mine our team’s goal to provide the guests with a positive and memorable experience.
I do apologize that your last experience was not what you expected from La Quinta.
I do appreciate you taking few minutes away from your busy schedule to provide a review for us on Trip Advisor.
Your continued satisfaction and trust in La Quinta are our top priorities.
We hope you will be staying with us again soon.

Mike Chikani.

Travelers are raving about these Bolingbrook hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 29, 2012

As I am writing this, the blackout curtain sags sadly over my right shoulder, the arm on the desk chair I am sitting at is so loose, it threatens to fall off, the easy chair has foam lining the size of my forearm bulging out, the mold in the shower keeps growing alarmingly, and the dirty worn carpet beckons me to leave this horrid little hotel.

I can only look forward to breakfast in the chlorine scented air in the lobby.

Stay away.

Room Tip: I repeat: stay away from any room. To add to the ambiance, you're in the land of truck parking l...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Your continued satisfaction and trust in La Quinta are our top priorities.
We hope you will be staying with us again soon.

Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It was cheaper than most of the other hotels in the area that we considered, so we were a bit leery. But, our worries about the hotel itself were all for nothing.

The room, bedding, and furniture was very clean. It all appeared to have been renovated or replaced recently. The bed itself was average - not super cushy & comfortable, but also not hard as a brick either. We were a bit stiff in the morning, but not as bad as with some hotel beds.

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast in the morning was average. There were several people dining when we arrived, so we did have to ask for more milk, but they quickly helped with that.

The hotel is located very close to the interstate (I55), but it was a bit tricky to find Frontage road - we almost missed it because it's so close to the ramp coming off of the interstate. But, if you miss that, just turn at the next road - Old Chicago Drive - and you'll come right up beside it.

There are several restaurants and shops, including Wal-Mart, within a very short drive of the hotel. The majority of the businesses in the area appeared to be north of the hotel.

We did have a few of minor issues with the hotel and surrounding area... The bathroom light didn't appear to be working when we first arrived, so I called the front desk. They suggested leaving the switch on for 5-10 seconds and it should come on. I did that and it worked. So, keep that in mind if you stay here. The second issue was the parking lot - it was very poorly lit. They need to replace some bulbs. The third issue was the noise from the business behind the hotel. It appeared to be a junkyard or something along those lines because every so often we'd hear a truck come or go. The noise didn't keep us awake or really bother us, it was just something we'd hear in the background. The tv and/or air conditioner drowned it out for the most part. I just wanted to mention it for those who are light sleepers or who are sensitive to noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front of the building.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hopefully we will see you soon.

Thank you.

Bolingbrook
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Both employees that I encountered were extremely nice and helpful. The breakfast was good. Those are the main criteria I am concerned with as a traveler.

My only criticisms (minor):
There was a little bit of mold on the caulk of the tub.
Two of the lamps had light bulbs that were burned out.
The hotel is located about 100 feet from I-55, so the vehicle noise could be heard with the window shut. However, it wasn't really that bad...just ambient noise that was somewhat relaxing. My room faced the highway, so the rooms on the other side may have not had the same issue.

Overall, I was very pleased with my stay and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Manitowoc, Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Everything about this LaQuinta was top notch--no problems with checking in, employees were friendly and helpful, would certainly recommend this hotel to others. Very clean and quiet, got a good nights sleep and a good breakfast to start the day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple