“Slippery Showers”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Bolingbrook
Eastvale, California
“Slippery Showers”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Recently stayed at this Holiday Inn. I slipped and fell completly out of the tub and ripped the shower curtain right off the swhower rod. I called the front desk to report the incident and notify them of the damaged shower curtain. I requested a rubber mat to put in the shower so I can avoid this from happening again. I was told that they do not have any of those because the bathtub's have slip proof bottoms. WRONG they are not slip proof nor do they have a rough bottom to prevent slips. I was never asked how I was doing until the next evening when the guy at the front desk saw me enter the hotel. Only then did a manager call me to see if I needed medical attention? 24 hours after the accident they finally asked how I was feeling and if I required medical attention. Sorry but I think this was extremely poor service on the part of the hotel management. i will never stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Wear your shoe's in the shower - the floors are slippery
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
LRyan205, Manager at Holiday Inn Bolingbrook, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear King J,

I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our response to your issue with the bathtubs. I was reviewing the hotels guest request log and noticed that you were contacted immediately after reporting your fall. I personally called you, apologized to you and completed an incident report over the phone. At that time, I requested a member of the engineering staff come to your room an inspect the floor of the tub. You declined my request and stated you did not want anyone in your room. Immediately after your departure from the hotel, your room was inspected and no problems were found inside the tub. I am very sorry that you were injured. If you have any other concerns that you would like addressed, I ask that you contact me directly to discuss them privately. I can be reached at (630)679-1600X612. Thanks. Larry Ryan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Mt Pleasant, SC
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I spend a lot of time at this property and from day one the service have been everything that I could have asked for. The front desk, restaurant and barteners are great. I am not the easiest person to please and have had some demands for them, they have always come through for me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
LRyan205, Manager at Holiday Inn Bolingbrook, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Timmy0909,

Thank you for the kind words. I have shared your review with the entire staff. The positive feedback means so much to our staff. Everyone works really hard to create a memorable stay for our guests. I hope to see you again in the not so distant future.
Lake Orion, Michigan
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I travel significant portion of the year and have recently stayed at this hotel for several weeks. Although there are signs of wear if you look closely, the hotel is clean and well maintained and is a good place to stay. The staff is always pleasant and helpful. One person who continually stands out is Kohlby who works the front desk. I usually arrive on Sunday after a 5 to 6 hour drive and she always goes out of her way to make sure my stay will be pleasant and that I have everything I need. I was pleasantly surprised that she recognized me and called me by name the second time I arrived. She is truly a gem. This hotel is one of the better places in the area to stay.

Dear Mal-Stroni,

We continue to make improvements to the hotel and really push our staff to create a memorable experience. We put an emphasis on the little things guests have come to expect like greeting you by name, welcoming you back and anticipating your needs. You are truly valued not only to us, but the IHG family as well. Thanks for the review.
Reviewed June 9, 2013

From day one the staff has been very helpful and friendly. Best hotel we have stayed at in years. Rooms are very clean and have an almost at home atmosphere. The food in the restaurant is always excellent. And I cannot say enough about the bartender, Peter, during the week. One the friendliest nicest persons I have had the pleasure of meeting.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have shared you comments with Peter and the rest of the staff. Our goal is to create a memorable, at home experience each and every time you check-in. I am happy to see that we enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Saint Charles, Iowa
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We enjoyed out stay at the Hoiday Inn in Bolingbrook and would recommend this hotel to others. Had very friendly service. (Thanks Kohlby!) Clean. Very comfy beds. Great coffee. Our family enjoyed the large indoor pool. We had breakfast in their hotel restaurant. Which was delicious. The price of the food was fairly comparable to other restaurants. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel. Thanks for the great service. Will come back to say if ever in the area again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carrie S
Dear Very Satisfied,

Thank you for your review. I have shared your comments with Kohlby and the rest of the staff. Every is very happy positive results from their hours of hard work and dedication. I am glad you had a chance to use the pool area. It is an absolute gem! Perfect for families and those who just want to relax in the hot tub. I hope you visit us again real soon.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed June 6, 2013

What a great experience, Nice hotel, Great service, Great people makes you feel at home, My hotel of choice when traveling within the area , clean comfortable rooms and again very friendly staff, always looking foward to my stays here.

Room Tip: Never had a bad room here
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
LRyan205, Manager at Holiday Inn Bolingbrook, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Ira,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really value feedback from travelers like yourself.
Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Friendly staff on arrival. We only stayed here for one night. Rooms were clean and tidy, while the beds and pillows were comfortable. There is no complimentary breakfast, but you can purchase food in their restaurant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your positive feedback is motivation for our entire staff. We thank you for staying with us and look forward to seeing you again sometime soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolingbrook
Hampton Inn Suites Bolingbrook
Bolingbrook Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bolingbrook
SpringHill Suites Chicago Bolingbrook
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Romeoville

Been to Holiday Inn Bolingbrook? Share your experiences!