“Worked well for us”

Holiday Inn Bolingbrook
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Bolingbrook
Reviewed October 24, 2011

My wife and I have family in Bolingbrook and often travel there with our twin girls (now 2 years old). Considering the trouble that we generally have with getting them to sleep, we prefer to have either a suite with separate rooms or two conjoining adjacent rooms. However, many hotels don't let you reserve the conjoining adjacent rooms, but you can only try to get them upon check-in (this was the case with several Bolingbrook hotels). So given that, we booked a king suite room here. This is not a studio suite (as the case with many hotels), but actually a true suite with a separate living room and bedroom. This is exactly what we needed. We set up the girls' pack n' plays in the living room, put them down there, and then had the bedroom to ourselves to chill out for the evening.

For breakfast, we had booked a package that included breakfast for 2 adults and kids were apparently free. However, there was some slight confusion with the vouchers in the morning because the kids vouchers state that they're applicable with an adult menu purchase, but the adult vouchers we had were for the buffet. It got sorted out...we used all the vouchers and things were settled.

Overall...we will likely consider staying here again when we make our next trip to Bolingbrook.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed October 20, 2011

I just canceled my reservations 24 hours in advance and they are going to charge me for "both days" that I booked a room. I am totally for okay for having them charge me for one night's stay for canceling, but both days? really? This is a poor customer service policy and I will think twice about going here in the future.

Room Tip: don't book pre-paid - they rip you off if you cancel.
Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Guy H
Reviewed September 18, 2011

was at hotel for business. restaurant and bar had good food. rooms were clean with large flat screen tvs. coffee in the lobby was good in the morning. no places close by to walk to. Shuttle from hotel was very good. pool and hot tub were great. would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2011

My stay at this hotel was not my choice but the company that I work for made the reservation for me. Check in was quick and easy but this hotel, like many other Holiday Inns needs to be renovated and brought to modern decor standards. My room was a mixed of 70's and 80's decor. The carpers in my room were the biggest turn off as they look like they have not been replaced since 1982. In all, I would not use this hotel while in the area especially when there are soo many hotels to chose from.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2011

The hotel itself has a bar and restarunt in it but over all not an amazing place to stay. Clean enough and safe enough for a nights stay but nothing amazing happening here. Decent location main strip a mile away lots of food and shopping close to 55 and 355 highways

• Stayed: August 2011
LRyan205, Manager at Holiday Inn Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2011

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to the Bolingbrook area. I am glad you had an enjoyable stay. I am sorry you were not able to take advantage of the many ammenities we offer at the hotel. Our property also offers a pool and fitness area, which include a jucuzzi and sanua. In addition, we also allow our hotel guests to workout complimentary at XSPORT fitness which is located 3 miles for our hotel. Did you happen to checkout one of our spacious ballrooms? Our ballrooms and banquet area is the perfect place to hold your next business meeting, wedding, birthday party or other special event. Thank you again for staying at the only full service hotel in Bolingbrook! We look forward to seeing you in the near future!

(630)679-1600X612

Reviewed August 22, 2011

The hotel was very nice and clean. Very nice rooms. I really liked the hot tub and the gym. The staff was also very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review. The staff at the Holiday Inn and Suites are fully aware of our guests needs. That is why we offer not only access to our fitness center, but 24 hour complimentary access to XSPORT fitness, a local gym. Being away from home is rough. I am glad to hear that our staff and services here at the hotel made you feel a little closer to home. Thanks for the review.

Your Friend,

(630)679-1600x612

Reviewed August 21, 2011

I was in town for business for two weeks, both Monday thru Friday. The hotel is great. Even saved the same room for me for the second week. Clean. People super friendly and extremely helpful. They even deliver milk and fresh hot cookies to your room each night. Great touch. Has a small gym and a pool with sauna and a whirlpool. Perfect way to wind down after work. Also has a nice bar and resteraunt. Food is good. Another nice touch is the trivia contest run some nights at the front desk by Kholby (?). I think thats her name if not my extreme apology. She is extremely freindly and will get you what you need or answer all your queestions. Same for Carlos. As I said I heartily recommend this hotel for your stays. You can speak to Larry Ryan.

Room Tip: Rooms are mini suites. Nice.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Stephen,

I am smiling from ear to ear after reading your kind words. This is what hospitality is all about---pleasing the guest and making them feel like they are at home. Here at the hotel we really take great pride in providing our guests with excellent customer service. I will pass along the compliment to Kohlby. She is probably already anticipating your next stay with us.

(630)679-1600X612