“Great Stop Over Location”

Hampton Inn Suites Bolingbrook
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Bolingbrook
Airdrie
“Great Stop Over Location”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on December 29, 2012. We decided to stay here because a lot of hotels in Chicago charged parking fees. We usually try to stay at Hilton brand hotels because the quality is consistent. Check-in was easy, the room was very clean and comfortable, the breakfast was good and check out was even easier. It is an easy commute from Chicago and there are lots of restaurants nearby so you don't have to go far. We were traveling from Ontario Canada back to Calgary Alberta home after the holidays. If you are traveling, it is a perfect stop location, maybe not much of a vacation destination stop, but we weren't in town long enough to really find out. After reading some mediocre reviews of the breakfast, and the rooms, we were a bit leery, but glad we gave it a shot-we weren't disappointed at all. All off the quality we expected out of the Hampton Inn hotel brand was there!

Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Springfield Illinois
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The property was clean and easy to get to for those not familiar with the area. Breakfast was just okay. Management was friendly and helpful and the parking and area around the property seemed safe. There are stores and restaurants close by, The huge downside is the total lack of soundproofing. We could hear people in rooms across and down the hall talking in a normal voices and when the elevator rang and opened it was as if it right outside our door. We could also hear televisions and talking from adjacent rooms through the ductwork, especially in our bathroom. Fortunately we had a sound machine. We were standing near the elevator talking in low tones and a guest came out their room and ask us to keep the noise down. I have never stayed in a property where noise carried so well..."so well" being a bad thing! We will never stay in this property again.

Room Tip: Because of the poor quality of sound proofing there is not a good room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Madison
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I would not recommend room 100 at the Hampton Inn in Bollinbrook, IL. The first challenge was the alarm clock was tired and was ready to be retired. I'm sure they got that corrected since it was an easy fix.

I got past that until the guest above me started to take a shower at 11:00 pm. Wow, it felt like a rain storm. I have a video that would work for any tropical rain ambiance. I only wish I could post to this website for all to experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My family stayed here on June 23rd and had an awful experience.

We booked two rooms at this hotel because it was near a wedding we were attending. The wedding was at 4:30, and my family planned to get ready beforehand at the Hampton.

We got to the hotel at 2:58; check-in was 3:00. Upon arrival, we got a luggage cart, brought our bags inside, and went to the front desk. I went to check-in, and Sebastian, the front desk agent, called housekeeping to see when the rooms would be ready. This confused us, seeing as it was now past 3:00. He heard from housekeeping, and told us to expect our rooms in 25 to 30 minutes. We asked why they weren't ready now. He said, 'Well, we were sold out last night, and people just checked-out. Give us half-an-hour, and we'll probably get you in.' It was outrageous. It wasn't our fault that they were so unprepared for the day. It was past check-in time, and we needed to get into a room and start getting ready ASAP! Sebastian continued to make excuses for the situation, telling us there were no other rooms available, and we would just have to wait. He never apologized for the trouble. Instead, he nonchalantly told us to wait in the lobby. My family couldn't spare time to sit around and wait, so some of them had to do make-up and start preparing in the lobby. That was unacceptable.

Sebastian brought us the first set of keys at 3:15, and everyone had to cram into the room that was ready to continue getting prepared for the wedding. We didn't get our second room until 3:35. We were greatly inconvenienced by their lack of preparedness, and we expressed this to Sebastian. He said that he couldn't do anything, and told us to take up any complaints with Zaki, the GM.

By no means were we satisfied with our stay (mostly because of Sebastian's awful attitude than because of having to wait past check-in time). We wanted the hotel to honor the 100% Hampton Money-Back guarantee. However, Zaki told us he wasn't going to do anything and, furthermore, we should understand his stance because they still got us in at 'reasonable' times and we were traveling at a discounted rate. He was very condescending and rude. I completely understand why other reviewers were upset with Zaki. He is an absolutely terrible GM; he has no understanding of customer service. It's easy to understand why the staff -- especially Sebastian -- can be rude and uncaring if they're following Zaki's example.

This hotel couldn't honor it's check-in time, didn't honor the Hampton Guarantee, and neither Zaki nor Sebastian ever apologized to us or empathized with us. They were incredibly inconsiderate. Our experience -- and their customer service -- was horrible.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Dan A
Illinois
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We spent one night in this hotel recently and felt that the facility was just like the other Hamptons that we had stayed in the previous two nights. The main issue was about the breakfast. Even though the food looked like the previous breakfasts, it certainly did not taste like them. The orange juice was watered and bitter. The eggs and gravy were cool instead of hot. The biscuits were rock hard. The sausage links had absolutely no taste. The pastries eaten by others in our party were dry. I'm not sure how the staff could mess up packaged food, but they did it! We would not be likely to choose this hotel again, especially since there are many competing chains in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
West Milton, Ohio
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Another wonderful stay at the Hampton Inn. We are NEVER dissapointed when we have stayed at a Hampton. From the friendly service during check-in...to the outrageously comfy beds! This time we booked two King rooms..one for ourselves and one for our son. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Everything we expected and needed. The continental breakfast was good (although the eggs tasted a little like cardboard). Other than the eggs...everything else was EXCELLENT. Restaurants were in walking distance and the desk clerk was more than helpful in helping us find a parking spot for my son's moving van and the three other cars we were driving. Whenever possible...I will choose a Hampton!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Service is terrible. I cut my 7 night stay down to 5 nights to stay at a Marriott hotel nearby. 4 of the 5 nights the maid didn’t replace toilet paper, towels, and/or ice bucket inserts. When I called the front desk on the 5th night (my 3rd such call) to get toilet paper, the manager argued with me that housekeeping had replaced the toilet paper and I didn’t need anymore. Really? He knows whether or not I need toilet paper? And, his version of customer service is to tell me that he called housekeeping and they assured him that I had enough toilet paper? Unbelievably.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Itravelalot2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolingbrook
Hilton Garden Inn Bolingbrook I-55
Bolingbrook Inn & Suites
#8 of 9 in Bolingbrook
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Romeoville
SpringHill Suites Chicago Bolingbrook

Been to Hampton Inn Suites Bolingbrook? Share your experiences!