“Affordable, great breakfast, good staff, no hot-tub, uncomfortable seating, poor internet”

Hampton Inn Suites Bolingbrook
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Bolingbrook
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for five days and eventually my work load let up enough for me to enjoy the pool. Unfortunately, there is no hot-tub, something I really look forward to after a long and difficult day. The staff helped me out several times and was very pleasant and willing to go the extra mile. And, the Hampton Inn buffet breakfast, included with the cost of the hotel, making it a pretty good value, was quite good, including scrambled eggs, sausage or bacon, cereal, juices, toast, muffins, and bagles, and some fruit. There is also a kitchenette in (some?) room(s). Perhaps the biggest negative, the one that pushed me to try another hotel, was the very limited internet bandwidth. I never saw it go over 0.4 Mbaud down and 0.3 up. Other hotels typically are 3 times faster or more. The business center computers were from the stone age, but there is a printer which I found useful. The internet is the only reason I would not recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Thomas W

Reviewed June 15, 2010

We have stayed at several Hampton Inns, and this one was showing its age. The grounds and lobby look nice, but the chairs in the hall by the elevators had stains on them. Our room, which was a suite with two queen beds and a sofa sleeper, seemed smaller that suites we have had at other Hamptons. The sofa sleeper had a torn and stained cushion. The manual explaining the room had been scribbled in by a child and not replaced. Its little details like that that count. Worst of all, this hotel has no hot tub. I understand I did not look for one in the listing, but a person can usually assume that a modern chain hotel has a hot tub if there is an indoor pool, and every other Hampton we have stayed in have had one.

Otherwise, the location is good, right off the Interstate, and an easy drive to downtown Chicago. The breakfast area was very nice, and we have always enjoyed the continental breakfast lineup at the Hampton

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank icgardener
charles_strickland, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Suites Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2011

Thank you for your response. We have just begun a thorough refresh of our property, which will begin with an upgrade of our in-room technology. We are upgrading all of the televisions to 42" flat screens with high definition programming. We have already upgraded the Internet service to a faster performing service. I wish we could update everything at once, but we must pace out such large investments. Rest assured that we are striving to offer the most up to date service and accommodations possible.

Charles Strickland
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed April 2, 2010

my husband and i recently stayed at this hotel on mar 27th for 1 nite. we booked the king ste w/ whirlpool. the room was great and clean. cleanliness is my #1 thing i check for when checking into a hotel room. the location was good even for being close to the interstate.
the bed on the other hand was made up lovely, but it was not comfortable. i have stayed at other hampton hotels and the beds were comfortable. i thought that hilton got all of their brands new beds? i could be wrong on that.
the whirlpool was clean, and i enjoyed it. my husband enjoyed the room as well.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank momofone09
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This hotel is 1st class. From the moment we booked the hotel until the time we left the staff was exceptional. They matched prices with another local hotel, the suites were huge, we were the only people in the pool area all night, and we were the only family in the excellent breakfast area the next morning also.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2009

Stayed here for a quick night. Beds were AWESOME! Breakfast was great! Hotel is a very good value.... I recommend it! Pool is very small and now hot tub, but the room was A+! Free Wi-Fi.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2008

My wife, daughter, grandaughter & I shared a (2) queen-bedded room July 24 & 25, 2008. An easy chair in the room along with a desk and chair made it a little cramped, but we were comfortable.

The "Cloud Nine" bedding was very comfortable.

The complimentary hot breakfast both mornings was very good - - even though the hotel was full the breakfast buffet was always well stocked with a wide selection and seating was always available.

The indoor pool was under renovation - - however, Hampton Management made arrangments for its guests to use the indoor pool at the adjacent Americinn.

The "Business Office" had two PCs with very fast Internet access for use by registered guests.

Our room and the hotel overall was very clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 27, 2007

Previously in Bolingbrook, I had stayed at the Holiday Inn and the La Quinta and in both cases I left unsatisfied. I finally found a winner with the Hampton Inn, as this place was excellent. Cleanliness is a top prioriety of mine and I could not anything dirty with this place. The bathroom was spotless, the sheets were clean. I have yet to find a hotel bed as comfortable as Hampton's cloud 9. The rooms also feature a flat screen TV. The breakfast which was included in the cost of room was okay; it beat having to go out and spend money on breakfast. There is a room with computers so you don't have to bring your laptop if you want to access the internet. The hotel is very easy to get to, as it's right off 55, with many restaurants located nearby. It's a little more expensive than other places in Bolingbrook but well worth the extra few dollars.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank bp4559
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolingbrook
Hilton Garden Inn Bolingbrook I-55
#3 of 9 in Bolingbrook
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Romeoville, IL
SpringHill Suites Chicago Bolingbrook
Residence Inn by Marriott Chicago Bolingbrook

Been to Hampton Inn Suites Bolingbrook? Share your experiences!