“Authentic, yet innovative!”

Mago Grill & Cantina
Reserve with OpenTable
Mago Grill & Cantina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 156 Restaurants in Bolingbrook
Description: New location.
CHicago
“Authentic, yet innovative!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Finally, I got in this joint after many attempts given their confusing reservation policy. It was worth the repeated attempts. The decor is more casual than the cuisine warrants. The service was friendly, informed and attentive THE FOOD! THE FOOD! The meal start with warm chips and a trio of wonderful salsas...it's hard to call them salsas because they're more like tasty and unique sauces, not the tomato/onion/cilantro routine. We also shared ceviche which was tasty but unadorned. I had the mole, or rather a variety of moles, which really sets this restaurant apart from all others. Not the usual heavy chocolaté garden-variety mole. These were reminiscent of my times in Oaxaca, the mole capital of the world, flavored with pumpkin, coconut and the like. They were WONDERFUL. I'd definitely go back again...but only at an off-time.

“Superb location, food, service.....”
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Mexican food at its best! The waitress explained the different food to make our choices more educated! The soup was great and gratis. Margaritas were delicious. The whole presentation, service, and flavor of Mexico were superb!!!

Peoria, Illinois
“Mago: muy bueno”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

What a great meal! We started with guacamole that was smashed to order at our table. We debated on medium to a little more spicy. I am so glad we went with medium. It had quite a bit of heat. The chips were freshly made and still warm. There was also a nice sample of three different salsas on the table. I had the classic steak fajita, while my coworkers enjoyed the classic chicken fajita and the chile poblano rajas tacos. Everyone was very pleased with their meal and we all had plenty leftover to take home with us. They have a large selection of margaritas to choose from so I settled on El Jefe. Yum. There was a live Mariachi band performing. Service was excellent and everyone that we came in contact with was welcoming. Decor was fun, lively and authentic. I will definitely return.

TIP: You can make reservations on their website: http://www.magodining.com/index.html Just select the location then click on the reservation tab. I haven't used it yet but it seems very simple.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank thiery688
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Stopped in and was impressed!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great authentic food. We were just driving around the night of the Superbowl looking for a place to eat and we noticed Mago. Looked cool so we gave it a try. Everyone there was super friendly and the service was fantastic.

Food was delicous and reasonably priced. Good sized portions as well. Margaritas were incredible. Will go again when in town.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Chris R
fmagriz
“Good food and a fun place.”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have been here twice and both times a I liked my food very much. I can't remember what my husband ordered but he wasn't crazy about it. However, my ceviche was very delicious. I also had some kind of chicken and bean wrap (sorry can't remember the name of it) but it was delicious as well. I took a friend here the second time, and she loved it so much she said she was going back with her husband. I suppose it's a hit and miss. The ambiance is very energetic, fun and happy. The waitstaff is also friendly. I will definitely keep going back.

• Visited December 2012