“ABOVE & BEYOND!”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Bolingbrook
Merrionette Park, Illinois, United States
“ABOVE & BEYOND!”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

The management and staff went above and beyond to make my husbands 30th Birthday fantastic! Clean rooms, great amenities and fantastic staff! K. Dobbs

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 5, 2011

This hotel is basically a motel, but with interior entrances. The room was immaculate, but very basic, bed not very comfortable, and breakfast was less than basic. The staff tried hard to be helpful, but made some simple mistakes, like not making my keys correctly, so after I lugged my bags up to the third floor I couldn't get in my room, and had to lug everything back to the lobby (no house phone on the 3rd floor). And whoever said the rooms are quiet had a very different experience than I did. I had a hard time falling asleep due to my neighbors' talking, and then they woke me up with other noises at 2:00 am. I tried to turn on the fan to drown them out, but the fan (one of those old window units) made loud clicking noises. Still, the clicking was better than what I was hearing, and I did eventually fall back asleep around 3:00 am. The worst part is when I checked in, the staff told me there were only a handful of people in the hotel-- why did he put us in adjacent rooms?

All in all, I would not stay here again. I'm a business traveler who doesn't need all the bells and whistles, but this was not what I was expecting based on other reviews.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank todanueva
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I recently stayed at Americinn Hotel where there are about 8 other hotels to choose from...this place is one of a kind! You walk into this gorgeous Lobby area with a vaulted cedar ceilingthat has a great living room like area to relax and then on the other side is a small cafe where they serve a great deluxe breakfast...My room was so spacious and well appointed with a with a king bed. I watched some HBO and just relaxed in this well taken care of hotel. The rate was really good and I felt the staff were well trained in that I believe the manager sets a high bar for them to reach. I've told all my colleagues and friends & family that they have to stay here when in Bolingbrook!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Elmhurst, Illinois
Reviewed April 9, 2011

I took my girlfriend here for an aniversary. We booked a king bed/jacuzzi sweet. It was very spacious. The room and everything in it seemed new and fresh. The bathroom had good water pressure. The room was very clean when we got there.
Negatives:
We had to ask for fresh towels.
There is no pay-per-view
The pool was cold though I think the heat turns on at a certain time.
Over-all I still enjoyed my stay. The room was too good to have it overlooked by a few hotel flaws.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Linton, Indiana
Reviewed March 3, 2011

First let me say the hotel was very clean and the staff very helpful and friendly and I could in no way fault them for anything I considered to be sub par. I however was disappointed to find that there were no microwaves or mini fridges in the rooms The continental breakfast was sub par and there was no evening fare at all. There was also no thermostat in the room so you were forced to try to adjust the climate with an old fashioned dial and knob right on the unit and had to try to keep the drapes pushed up onto the window ledge so they did not billow into the room. You had to make a conscious effort to latch the room door as it would close by itself but not latch unless you pushed or pulled it closed. All in all I would recommend you shop around and see if you could not secure better lodging before settling here.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank greenetuckian
Bolingbrook, IL
Reviewed March 20, 2010

I reserved a whirlpool/fireplace room. Upon arrival, my fireplace was not working. When the desk clerk could not get it to work, I was given a different room, upgraded at no additional cost!
The staff is very helpful. The rooms, clean, up to date,and comfortable. The beds are so comfortable, it's like sleeping on a cloud! The rooms are QUIET!!! ( I also stayed here on New Years Eve, and the there was a large family reunion. The noise just ran throughout the hotel, until I got in my room & closed my door. Once inside, I didn't hear a peep!) There is a nice little breakfast with a good variety to chose from.
I am a local and live less than a mile from the hotel. I'm glad I found it. Now I use it to treat myself as a little get away. When I do, I always come home feeling relaxed & rested!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Tucson
Reviewed February 23, 2010

Large, clean, comfortable rooms constructed with superior sound-proofing guarantee a quiet night's rest, Continental breakfast includes Belgian waffles and coffee was so good it would give Starbucks a run for their money.
Guest laundry room was very clean and only cost $1 per load of wash or dry.
Entire staff made it clear their purpose was to make your visit the most enjoyable.
Mexican restaurant next door was lousy (Rancho something) and first time I ever saw Mexican food served with mashed potatoes. A better choice was nearby Cheddars who offered wide selection, moderate prices, pleasant atmosphere.
Although hotel didn't have restaurant or fitness center, it saved $30-$40 a night which to me is Exceptional Value. Free internet was great to look up information and print boarding pass for return trip to Tucson.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolingbrook
Bolingbrook Inn & Suites
#7 of 9 in Bolingbrook
Hampton Inn Suites Bolingbrook
Hilton Garden Inn Bolingbrook I-55
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Romeoville

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!