“Not really impressed”
Review of Aloft Bolingbrook

Aloft Bolingbrook
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Bolingbrook
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This hotel was nice, the lobby with a bar and it had a small breakfast area.I am to understand that this is a low end W hotel. Never having stayed at a W hotel I was expecting much more. I think there is lots of wasted space in the room we had, and it wasn't the most comfortable room I've been in. Not warm or inviting,but for two nights it was do-able. What I didn't know at first is that all that continental breakfast food cost money!! I went down to get coffee for my self and my husband and after I fixed a cup I looked up overhead to see that it would cost $2.50! I had no money and was going to let them charge it to my room, but they said "it's Christmas, go ahead and take it". Thank you!! I'm so glad I didn't get any fruit or muffins or whatever else was there for SALE. There was coffee in another spot that was complimentary, but I didn't see it at first. The staff was very nice, and the location was great and worth the money. Would I stay again? Probably, if the cost is discounted again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have to say that I was quite impressed with my my stay at the Aloft. The Hotel over all was very clean and the pool was perfect. The staff was above an beyond professional and fun. Robert ( did not catch his last name) the bartender at WXYZ bar was so nice and friendly and also the front desk Joe Michelon was so attentive and professional and especially was so good with the kids. Highly knowledgeable. Also let me say that the food was very good kudos to the Chef. The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. Kudos to your staff and Hotel. Definately coming back. A+++++++++

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Nordy1,
We really appreciate your comments, thanks so much for sharing! We're delighted that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations during your recent staycation at Aloft. We will be sure to share your comments with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Take care!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed here with a large wedding party and had a great time! The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, and our shower had amazing water pressure. Great location, the mall and decent restaurants are within walking distance. The lobby and outdoor areas were pretty swanky and the staff was super friendly. Free shuttle to and from the wedding? AWESOME. The shuttle driver cranked music and was also very friendly. When we got back to the hotel, the lobby bar was absolutely PACKED and the party didn't stop until the wee hours of the morning... I kept going back and forth to our room, which was 3 doors down from the lobby/bar, and was shocked that none of the noise was heard in our room.
If we ever find ourselves in the Bolingbrook area, we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear sbgabor,
We really appreciate your review, thanks for sharing! We're delighted that you enjoyed our accommodations, location and shuttle service during your recent stay for a wedding. We look forward to welcoming you back soon! Take care!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We have stayed in a aloft before and really liked it and really liked the price we found for this particular location. It is really close to the IKEA in Bolingbrook and a great mall, Promenade. The biggest problem was that this hotel allows pets and there was a dog directly below us that continuously barked. I'm sure the owners were out to dinner, but it is really annoying! We will now check the hotel descriptions each time to make sure that dogs are not allowed. We heard it from 5-6:30 and then after we returned from dinner from 9-11:30pm when they must have returned. The beds were also rather uncomfortable and the pillows were super small. Front desk staff was very nice though!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2013

If you ever need time to yourself and need a special place away from home, aloft Hotel in Bolingbrook,IL. is my favorite spot. The beds are very comfy. The Bar drinks are amazing.!You have The Promenade Bolingbrook Mall directly across the way. Lots of restuarants if you need to go out for a bite to eat. Nice cozy lounge area when you enter the doors.I LOVE IT!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear SJY2013,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Aloft. We're so glad that we can be your home away from home for a staycation. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Nice new hotel. well presented, bed very comfortable. nice atmosphere. bathroom well appointed. Linen quality good. Location was perfect for our purpose. Staff very friendly, convenience store offered most items necessary.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Zoe J, Manager at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to complete a review on your past stay. We truly value our guests' feedback and continuosly strive to be better! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back in the near future. Happy Holidays!

Aloft Bolingbrook Management Team

Reviewed November 5, 2013

This hotel is in a great location in the South Suburbs of Chicago. Close to the freeway, multiple shopping and dining choices. Service was friendly but not first class which is on par for the price. The decor and room layout was unique but the entire place had a worn feel. Paint was chipped and furnishings felt cheap in places. The fancy, contemporary decor is reminiscent of W Hotel in NY but without the 5 star upkeep and maintenance. Overall it's a good value and more interesting than a typical hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for providing us your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the area during your stay and wish you would have enjoyed our hotel just as much. We have our preventative maintenance team that works diligently on keeping up with the rooms to ensure they do not look worn. We will definitely take note of your comments and inform our maintenance job to stay focused on those areas. We hope you stay with us again when traveling to the Bolingbrook area. Please let me know next time you are in town so that I can make your stay more enjoyable.

Lucy Raymond

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolingbrook
Hampton Inn Suites Bolingbrook
SpringHill Suites Chicago Bolingbrook
Holiday Inn Bolingbrook
Holiday Inn Bolingbrook
#7 of 9 in Bolingbrook

Been to Aloft Bolingbrook? Share your experiences!