All reviewspool tablelobby bartrendy hotelnice changenice barbusiness tripfood optionsshopping and restaurantsmodern decorsleeping areacomfortable roombreakfast areafitness centerstaff was friendlyparking lotindoor poolmall
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel is extremely unorganized. My fiance and I were told to drop off our bags the day before the wedding and our belongings would be placed into our suite on the night of our arrival. When we arrived in our room at 11:30 pm, we noticed that our bags were not in our room. We went to the front desk and the man at the counter told us he knew nothing about it. He said he would search all the closets and offices but he didn't have keys to all the rooms. After waiting for an hour the night of the wedding, we were told there was nothing he could do until morning. My husband and I had nothing but my bridal gown and his tux to wear to bed! Nothing - not even a tooth brush was offered to compensate. He told he would call us in the morning 7 when the manager would be in with keys.

At 7:00, when no one called, I called downstairs and was told that someone was looking for them and they would call back in 10 minutes. No one called and we went downstairs in the clothes we borrowed from other members of our bridal party. When we got to the front desk, the man had no idea what we were even talking about. NO ONE WAS EVEN LOOKING FOR OUR STUFF!! He then had us explain the whole scenario again and then spent the next hour an a half "looking" around for our stuff. Finally, they found our bags in a "back security office"..Needless to say, we were furious and no compensation was offered until Monday afternoon when the sales manager we had been dealing with apologized and gave us 3000 points towards a future stay?? I am not even sure what this is equivalent to in terms of $, but we paid $169 for our suite and spent very little time in there all together. I would never stay at this location again.

Aside from this nightmare, we asked that all our guests be "blocked" together for our wedding because we had 18 rooms in total staying with us. This request was completely ignored and what could we do the night of? BEWARE DINOLFO'S BRIDES!!

Room Tip: Do not trust staff members!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Nicole M,
I sincerely apologize that our team wasn’t able to locate your bags until Sunday morning. One of our housemen was cleaning the floors in the back office and moved everything out of the room so that it wasn’t sitting on the wet floor. Unfortunately this was not communicated to my front desk. I have discussed this issue with my team to ensure that we improve our communication and to avoid this situation in the future. Please contact me at braedyn.niquette@aloftbolingbrook.com should you wish to discuss this further. We wish you congratulations and the best of luck in your new marriage.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a nice change of pace. I like the loft feel and fun atmosphere.

However, the hotel can't handle loud wedding guests in the hallways. I can sleep through anything, but people screaming in the hall after midnight is tough. Stay away on the weekends!

Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Aloft. We are delighted that you enjoyed our modern decor and fun atmosphere. We do our best to contain noise especially when we have larger groups in house. We apologize for the noise you experienced and hope we can make this up to you should you give us another chance. Take care!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We've stayed at this Hotel multiple times since it's opened about 3 years ago. For a Hotel that is only a few years old, each time we stay, it looks a little more run down. The carpet was torn in our room, one spot and re-glued, and not a very good job of gluing. The hallways are dirty. It doesn't look like it's kept up very well. Our toilet overflowed while out during the day and we found it when we returned. They offered to get a shop vac to suck it up, but not to move. I insisted on moving for the night. The maintenance guy was the only man of reason to say that even if they did suck out the water the carpets would still be wet. The front desk had to speak with a manager to approve us moving.

I've stayed at other Alofts and will try the chain again, but we come to Bolingbrook for a conference 2 time a year, there are other hotels to choose from our list. I think we might try a different one next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Zoe J, Manager at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback. We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We have informed our Maintenance team to focus on the carpets and other worn areas of the hotel. We strive to be better and appreciate your feedback. We hope you decide to give us another opportunity and stay with us when traveling to Bolingbrook. Please let me know when you are visiting so that I can help make your stay more enjoyable.

Lucy Raymond

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my girlfriend stayed at this hotel for 4 days while she was here on a conference. We experienced terrible service, first off they would not clean our room for 3 days. Then the television went out and we had to switch rooms at 1 o'clock a.m.. Then we ordered a movie and the movies we ordered would not work. We call down and try to get cups they were out. They were out of ice. Some of the staff were horrible. Some of the staff were actually helpful but it was the bartender that helped us the front desk customer relations people did nothing. Everyone was very confused and the place seem to be in disarray.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Luke N

Dear Luke N,
We are so sorry that you and your girlfriend did not enjoy your experience at our hotel. We clearly did not meet your expectations and apologize for the inconvenience with the faulty television. Please contact me at katisha.denton@aloftbolingbrook.com to discuss your stay further. We sincerely hope the rest of your visit in Bolingbrook was a good one.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We haven’t checked out of this hotel yet, but I’m ready to share that some of the rudest hotel guests stayed here last night! Grown 30-50 year olds shouting down the hallway at 9 am – really? And not just once but all morning. There are do-not-disturb signs all down the hall, ignored by these oafs. Also ignored by housekeeping, who rattled the door at 10:30 am despite the bright orange do-not-disturb sign hanging on my door. In the furthest corner of the room, we could hear any conversation, bump or bang in the hallway quite clearly. Even those in courteous “hotel” voices. To compensate we ran the fan all night.

The room itself is spacious and has a contemporary Scandanavian feel. Unique set-up with the beds in the middle of the room against a wall separating the open bathroom from the sleeping area. The desk looks out the window. There are no DRAWERS anywhere, so if you normally unpack luggage, there is no where to put your belongings. Laid out on the settee, I suppose. An unusual flat closet concealed by a curtain in the bathroom area holds hanging clothes in a vertical fashion. Comfortable beds and pillows. These are NOT block-out shades, plenty of light in here with shades fully drawn. It’s the 2” gap between the tall windows and the shades.

Free wifi, refrigerator (no microwave), free bottled water and in-room coffee are nice touches. The lobby is urban chic. The ceilings in the halls and rooms are very high with ultra-modern artistic lighting. The front desk check-in clerk was alone, seemed overwhelmed and didn’t greet me. I’ve always wanted to stay at an Aloft, but will not stay here again. Perhaps the other properties are better? For the same money, I can get a quieter hotel, albeit not so design-oriented.

Room Tip: Recommend 1st floor - the elevators are very slow.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Katisha D, General Manager at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience during your recent visit! While you enjoyed many amenities at the hotel; I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than perfect. We are here to ensure that you are comfortable and to see that need was not met for you is disheartening. Because of your feedback we are taking the proper steps needed to ensure that noise complaints are handled in an effective manner.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at the hotel and thank you for the feedback. Should you find yourself in our area again, I would love to add a special touch to your stay!