“Well placed for business”
Review of Aloft Bolingbrook

Aloft Bolingbrook
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Bolingbrook
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I've stayed here on two occasions for business. When you stay at an Aloft you're getting a loft-style room, which is fine when traveling alone as I was. The room is clean, the bed comfortable for a hotel mattress. Everyone is friendly and the bar is a good place for an after work drink.

For me the best thing about this property is the location. It's only a couple of blocks away from a large shopping center with a number of restaurants and shops. I'll definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
gm_aloft_bolingbrook, General Manager at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor! We strive to deliver clean rooms and friendly service to all guests. I’m very happy to hear you’ve experienced this over your past stays. W xyz is a great place to relax after work and enjoy a signature cocktail or glass of wine. Being a part of the Promenade development is a great feature for our guests to enjoy shopping and great restaurants. Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back for a third time soon!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel was average. This hotel is more for business travel then it is for pleasure travel. We stayed here because we went to a wedding. The hotel is definitely trendy. Good lights and color. The rooms were average. Not big by any means, small and quaint. Walls were definitely thin and I even asked for a room away from the bar, we could here the guy next door sneezing. They did offer a in room safe which was nice. I also enjoyed the complimentary water, 2 bottles in fact. There was a lot of shopping near by and a lot of food options outside of the hotel near by. Again, I think was a nice hotel, I would recommended this hotel if someone needed one.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor! Word of mouth is a great way for the hotel to maintain loyal guests. We are very happy to hear that you would recommend our hotel to others! Features like complimentary bottled water, and our location to shopping and restaurants are all great ways to enjoy the hotel. Again, thank you for your review and positive feedback!

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Nice rooms although quite small. I stayed here often from May through until June and quickly tired of the lack of space. Service was very good, all of the desk employees were very pleasant and helpful. The food available was not fantastic but ok for short stays. Quickly becomes tiring if your planning to be there for the long haul! The pool area looks nice, but can be seen from the bar area, especially on an evening so would not recommend using it then if you're self conscious!

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled to hear you found the desk staff to be pleasant and helpful! We do offer a larger selection of made to order sandwiches and flatbreads at w xyz, however our proximity to the Promenade shopping center allows our guests to venture off to a wide selection of food. The layout of the rooms can be a challenge for longer stays, however we invite all to mix and mingle in re:mix before they go to bed. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you return soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Checked in here for the weekend to go to a festival with friends. Tried to use the 24 hour lobby, but around 1:30am I large security woman told me they were closing the lobby. I asked the bartender and she said they were not doing that, but then security said they were. My friends and I tried to finish our drinks but the large security woman stood at the bar and stared at us with her arms crossed. It got really awkward so we went back to our room. In short, if you are out here on business, this might not be a bad hotel. But it was definitely a very hostile environment if you are there to have a good time. Also, the elevator smelled like hay. What's up with that?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Vehyla
gm_aloft_bolingbrook, General Manager at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. I am looking into your concern about the security officer and the way you were treated. The lobby area is open 24 hours, however we are first and foremost a hotel. Our goal for all guests is they have a comfortable place to sleep. On weekends we host wedding parties, and other guests that are in the area for events such as the festival you attended. While we would love to let the party continue all night, we cannot if we are to control the noise level that can negatively impact sleeping guests. That said, the outside security staff we use should never make our guests feel unwelcome and I apologize for that. I’ll be evaluating the issue you’ve brought to our attention. I thank you for your candidness and hope in the future you’ll consider the aloft brand.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I would've given this place FIVE stars if they had soundproofing. The overall style and layout is AWESOME. Totally swanky and hip. LOVE the look of everything (Definitely love the layout of the rooms! Everything about it was amazing to me, until this morning. At 7:30am I could hear the housekeeping lady knocking on EVERY door all up and down the hall. It was like she was right outside my door!

Then the guy next door to me kept coughing and you would swear there was no wall between us. It was awful. I would've loved to sleep in, but i couldn't anymore because of the incessant coughing. It's really a shame because this hotel would be my absolute favorite if it weren't for paper thin walls/doors.

Room Tip: Try and request as high up on a floor as you can go and as FAR away from people as you can. I asked...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the style and layout of the hotel. I am very sorry to hear that you couldn’t enjoy your stay more (or sleep in more) due to noise. We do our very best to ensure guests get a great night’s sleep and enjoy the hotel s amenities. In terms of the actual building, we have found some guests find the walls are thin. I am very sorry this impacted your stay and your overall impression of the hotel. I hope this does not impact your decision to stay with us in the future. I’d be happy to speak with you directly if you are interested in returning. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is definitely a motel for business people. First thing you see when you check in is a bar.
The desk clerk was friendly. When we got to our room, there were no dressers. Had to live out of a suitcase. There is a small space to hang garments. Wanted to get some ice. We were on the 3rd floor and found out that you had to go down to lobby to get it. No breakfast is included. Ants were crawling on the desk. Informed desk and they sent someone up. Not sure would they did-ants were only gone for one day. Good thing was there was an abundance of places for our family to get together and talk.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor. First off, I am sorry to hear that you didn’t feel our hotel was suitable for families. Our lobby area does in fact house w xyz our bar/lounge. That area is great for all travelers to mix and mingle during the day. The complimentary pool table next to the bar as well as board games throughout the lobby invite guests of all ages to enjoy the space. In terms of the layout of the room, we unfortunately do not have dressers. I am sorry you were inconvenienced with that. We keep the ice machines out of the hallways in order to ensure our guests are not impacted negatively with noise, but I understand your feelings about needing to come to the lobby to get ice. I am sorry to hear you encountered ants at the hotel. We have a very good extermination company that works with us and when ants are reported, we take it very seriously. Again, I am sorry to hear you were not happy with the layout of the hotel or the rooms. We hope you will consider the brand next time you are in the area.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Before you decide to book here, there's a couple of things I've discovered that you may want to take into consideration:
(1) There's no breakfast included. They have an excellent "food pantry" section with lots of fresh foods, but you have to pay for it
(2) There's no comfy chair in the room to sit in, to watch TV or read the paper, etc.
(3) There's no complimentary conditioner, only shampoo, so be sure to pack some if you stay here
(4) Internet has been slow my whole time here

On the positive,
(1) there is a big shopping mall just across the street
(2) It's right off of 355 at Boughton Avenue; very easy access to the freeway
(3) they have a bar open in the evening and it draws a lot of the guests; a good place to hang out for a little while if you are in the mood to be social

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor! We consider ourselves a unique hotel so I’m glad to hear you agreed. Our re:fuel area is a 24 hour “grab and go” style area where our guests can grab a sandwich or salad or just snacks. Items from re:fuel are not included in the rate however we’ve found our prices to be comparable to small shops in the area with the convenience of not having to leave the building! The Bliss Spa products in the guest shower are a body soap and a shampoo/conditioner combo. If a guest requires more than that, we would suggest bringing some. Internet is important to all of our guests and I’m looking into the issue you had with speed. The hotel recently did a major upgrade for guest internet to ensure our guests do not encounter these types of issues. You also shared many positives like our location to 355 as well as the Promenade shopping center. W xyz is open every day and is a great place to socialize and relax with a glass of wine or one of our signature cocktails. Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon!

General Manager, aloft Bolingbrook

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolingbrook
Hampton Inn Suites Bolingbrook
Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites
Residence Inn by Marriott Chicago Bolingbrook
Hilton Garden Inn Bolingbrook I-55
Holiday Inn Bolingbrook
Holiday Inn Bolingbrook
#7 of 9 in Bolingbrook
SpringHill Suites Chicago Bolingbrook

Been to Aloft Bolingbrook? Share your experiences!