“Overall, a very unique experience”
Review of Aloft Bolingbrook

Aloft Bolingbrook
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Bolingbrook
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Before you decide to book here, there's a couple of things I've discovered that you may want to take into consideration:
(1) There's no breakfast included. They have an excellent "food pantry" section with lots of fresh foods, but you have to pay for it
(2) There's no comfy chair in the room to sit in, to watch TV or read the paper, etc.
(3) There's no complimentary conditioner, only shampoo, so be sure to pack some if you stay here
(4) Internet has been slow my whole time here

On the positive,
(1) there is a big shopping mall just across the street
(2) It's right off of 355 at Boughton Avenue; very easy access to the freeway
(3) they have a bar open in the evening and it draws a lot of the guests; a good place to hang out for a little while if you are in the mood to be social

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
gm_aloft_bolingbrook, General Manager at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor! We consider ourselves a unique hotel so I’m glad to hear you agreed. Our re:fuel area is a 24 hour “grab and go” style area where our guests can grab a sandwich or salad or just snacks. Items from re:fuel are not included in the rate however we’ve found our prices to be comparable to small shops in the area with the convenience of not having to leave the building! The Bliss Spa products in the guest shower are a body soap and a shampoo/conditioner combo. If a guest requires more than that, we would suggest bringing some. Internet is important to all of our guests and I’m looking into the issue you had with speed. The hotel recently did a major upgrade for guest internet to ensure our guests do not encounter these types of issues. You also shared many positives like our location to 355 as well as the Promenade shopping center. W xyz is open every day and is a great place to socialize and relax with a glass of wine or one of our signature cocktails. Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed here during the week for about 6 weeks on a recent project for work. For a mid-tier hotel suburban hotel, I can't complain much, though there are a few things I would change. Above all else, make sure to ask for a room facing the street as opposed to the courtyard.

The Good:
-Location across from the mall with a lot of food options and right next to an LA Fitness
-Fitness center has a new set of free weights, as well as treadmills, ellipticals, and bikes. All clean and kept up well
-Pool table and bar are a nice touch for a property such as this that usually doesn't have either
-Large glassed in showers, also a plus for this tier of property

The Bad:
-The music: Rooms in certain locations of this hotel (facing the courtyard) can here fairly loud music playing all night. I had to change rooms one week as it was way too loud
-The breakfast options were all fairly low quality processed foods that they charge a premium for. As a result, I always stopped somewhere else in the morning, which is inconvenient.
-The rooms all have window unit A/C units which are somewhat loud and not the best at heating/cooling efficiently
-The window shades are a pain to put up and down

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the street as opposed to the courtyard if you don't want to hear the music
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
gm_aloft_bolingbrook, General Manager at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor! We are always looking for ways to improve our guests experience, so I’m glad to see you posted the good and the bad. I’m happy to see the location was convenient being so close to LA Fitness as well as the Promenade Shopping Center. There are many great restaurants to check out! We are actively looking at ways to ensure guest rooms facing all directions are not disrupted by the sound system. We understand that while w xyz can be a fun place to relax and have a drink, it should not disrupt the guests when they go to sleep. Thanks again for your review and we hope to welcome you back on your next project!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

First, the hotel itself has a nice lobby. The rooms are modern but not very private. If you are traveling with someone you don't know all that well or someone you would like to not hear you use the bathroom, this place is not for you. The bathroom doors slide shut with no lock or actually way to close it secure. If addition to that, there is a lengthwise window that is tinted that leads to the bedroom. Very little privacy. The room itself is very cool looking. The sheets smelled like they have never properly been clean and itched like crazy. No bedbugs, I looked. But they were so itchy I had to get up and shower then sleep with long pants and shirt. We switched rooms for the second night. The first room smelled so bad we had to move to a 3rd room. Later that night, for whatever reason, the bar tender ignored watching people let in a huge group of thugs to a party. We sat and watched people walk in with booze again and again and the staff said nothing. By 12:30 (all not sleeping with the noise), I called the front desk. I got woken up again later to a fight breaking out outside my door. I really wanted to like this place. Even more so since the staff was all so nice. But come on! Throw the party out, call the cops, do something! When you sit and watch herds of people come in, say something. It's a great concept, love the style but more privacy in bathrooms would be great and better door sound proofing would make a world of difference

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor. First off, I am glad to hear you enjoyed the lobby and you found our staff to be friendly. I do apologize that the layout/design of the room was not to your liking. The opaque window that separates the shower and the bedroom is designed to allow light to come into the bathroom area without being able to actually see through the glass. We understand that some guests prefer more privacy than that and I apologize. We take the safety and security of our guests very seriously. We have re-trained our staff since your stay to ensure all of our guests feel comfortable and the halls are quiet. Thank you again for your comments and we hope you come back soon!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Convenient to interstates. 25 miles to O’Hare or Midway. 45 minutes to downtown for dinner. Nearby restaurants and shops, including Gorden Biersch, Binney’s, and LA Fitness. Well-lit bright blue striped exterior on 4-story grey walls. Interior looks like IKEA/art deco designer created. Open lobby with adjacent lounge and medium size bar. Comfortable, modular furniture. Large two-sided gas fireplace. Outside patio with nearby pool and exercise area. No traffic noise but some noise from smokers who linger just outside exterior doors.

Stiff pillow-top king bed. 47” flat-screen TV with 36 channels (cable?), no pay movies, no Comedy Channel, no SciFy Channel. A/V input box feeds TV. Grey painted walls and dark blue carpet. Sky Blue analog alarm clock. Small writing desk with cordless telephone. Non-functional programmable wake-up call. Colored canvas window shades. Empty mini-fridge. Steam iron and board, hairdryer. Functional A/C and hot/cold water. Narrow shower stall with liquid soap. North American electrical outlets only. Medium size soft cotton towels. Open closet with few hangers. Coffee/tea maker and supplies. Drawer safe. Stiff pillow-top king bed and stiff pillows.

Thursday bottled beer specials with a dozen craft beers. Ala carte breakfast with a few fruits, bottled juices, and hot muffin sandwiches.

Overall, good location and comfortable accomodations but alternate breakfast plans are advised.

Room Tip: Fourth floor away from elevators should be a good bet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
gm_aloft_bolingbrook, General Manager at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor! You are a seasoned traveler and we are happy to receive your feedback! As you stated, we are in a great location adjacent to food and shopping and within a short drive of many local businesses. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our beer selection! We carry many bottled beer and a few on tap from Chicago based brewers. I am sorry you didn’t see our pay per view availability. We do offer movies, tv shows and music all pay per view through the television. We are always looking at feedback on our food and beverage so I will pass your comments on about breakfast. We hope the next time you stay; you will notice a larger selection of grab and go items for breakfast! Thanks again for your feedback!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Booked this place for 3 nights just based on proximity (business trip) and was delightfully surprised with the atmosphere. Little trendy with the nightclub setup inside but facilities were very clean, great food, nice people working the counter. Great layout for the room (single w/ king) and very comfortable bed. Room was right next to the elevator so I was a little worried about noise but I never heard a thing and slept great.

Room Tip: Call to ask for a room with the sunrise. Beautiful way to wake up as they have a tremendous view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor! Our location to many local businesses is very convenient and I’m happy to hear it worked for you! It sounds like you had a few nights to enjoy w xyz our bar/lounge. It’s a great place to mix and mingle and our food is not your typical bar food! It’s always great to get feedback on noise levels in the hotel and I’m happy to hear you did not experience any noise issues being close to the elevators! We hope the next time you travel through Bolingbrook, we can welcome you back to the hotel! Safe travels and thank you!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was my first visit to an Aloft hotel and was booked only because I was traveling with my boss who is a Starwood fan. I must admit that I really liked this place. The decor was definitely different from what I'm used to (typically stay at Hilton Garden Inns, Hamptons, Courtyard, etc.) but I really liked it. The lounge was excellent, with a fireplace in the bar. While breakfast was not free like some other places, it was reasonably priced and much better than what one typically gets for free. I really liked the design of the room and found it to be very comfortable. The only challenge was in finding the ironing board, which was very well hidden. I definitely intend to stay at Aloft Hotels again and would recommend it to anyone but especially business travelers in their 20's to 40's.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor! We are always happy to hear feedback from first time guests! We are very excited to hear you enjoyed your stay with us when you typically stay with other brands. The entire Starwood portfolio of hotels is unique, but aloft is very special to us. The layout of the room is uniquely designed, and I’m happy to hear you found the iron/ironing board (tucked into the headboard). I am happy to hear you would recommend us to others and hope to see you in Bolingbrook again soon!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Fun, young and trendy hotel. The decor and styling was great. Location was great for our purposes. Great shopoing, restaurants and entertainment and close to major Highways. Like another reviewer said, the little details seemed missing, like wallpaper and fixtures and minor disrepair. Nothing to get upset about.

Staff was very friendly upon checkin and out. Lobby, lounge and breakfast area seemed very clean and nice, though we didn't need to use them. Our room was clean. TV channels were good, shower/bathroom was great. Bed a little on the firm side for myself. Room was quiet, but probaly becuase it was a Sunday night and we requested a room away from the lobby, which we got, and was a little walk.

We would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor! I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your experience at the hotel. We take pride in the hotels cleanliness and the friendliness of the staff so I am thrilled to hear your feedback. I’m also happy to hear you enjoyed the Bliss Spa products in the bathrooms! Our maintenance team works year round to keep up with wallpaper and the like, we are happy the small things did not ruin your overall experience! Hopefully you will stay with us again soon! Thanks again for your feedback!

General Manager, aloft Bolingbrook

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolingbrook
Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Bolingbrook I-55
Hampton Inn Suites Bolingbrook
Holiday Inn Bolingbrook
Holiday Inn Bolingbrook
#7 of 9 in Bolingbrook
Residence Inn by Marriott Chicago Bolingbrook
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Romeoville, IL

Been to Aloft Bolingbrook? Share your experiences!