“Great little hotel - good for Argonne visit (10 mins commute)”
Review of Aloft Bolingbrook

Aloft Bolingbrook
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Bolingbrook
Reviewed November 8, 2012

So, this was my first stay with this particular Starwood brand hotel. Have to say: two solid thumbs up. The staff was friendly (thanks for your good service, Rachel), the lobby was funky fresh (I'm a child of 80s music....sue me), the room was clean and nice, and bathroom was spacious (room 441).

Only a couple of detractions: housekeeping wasn't the best (making a bed is not that hard); the elevators were slow as molasses; and it would be awesome if the window shades closed from the bottom up, so one can have some daylight as well as privacy.

Great location (if you need to be in the burbs near Argonne or Joliet). Walk to a huge (though oddly empty) mall with some good stores. Oh, and loved the Bliss brand bathroom condiments!

Room Tip: Rm 441 was a gooder!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
gm_aloft_bolingbrook, General Manager at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor! First off, thank you for recognizing our lobby is funky fresh! We are not your typical hotel and we love to hear our guests comments about our lobby. I do apologize for the slower elevators and window blinds. Also, we will make sure housekeeping is made aware of your issue. Next time you come back, we will make sure your bed is in tip top shape! Again, our location is great if you are visiting Argonne or just here to shop at the Promenade or IKEA. We look forward to welcoming you back with a tightly made bed and all the Bliss products you can use! Thanks again!

There are newer reviews for Aloft Bolingbrook

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The staff were friendly and very helpful. This was a fun place to stay and close to many amenities.The room was laid out in a great way and the set up of the room was very useful. The pool was mediocre but the overall layout was cool and inviting. Walking distance to stores and restaurants. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! We are always happy to hear feedback from our guests, good or bad! I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and found it fun. I’ll pass this message on to our staff as they love to hear feedback as well! I’m sorry that Splash didn’t live up to your expectations, but I’m glad you enjoyed the layout and the vibe. It sounds like you took advantage of our location and did some shopping at the Promenade! Thanks again for your review and come back soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were passing through for a football game and we booked this hotel because it was a good value out of the city and it seemed like a fun, hip place to spend a couple of nights. I wouldn't say it's the W, but it tried hard to be. I think that the location probably has the biggest influence on it not totally living up to what it was designed for. The area just didn't seem to fit the bill.

Our biggest complaint though were the thin walls. If you're a light sleeper, bring ear plugs or request a room away from other guests if possible.

All in all, we liked the hotel. It was a nice change from your run of the mill Holiday Inn or frou frou Sheraton. Fun and hip.

Room Tip: Walls are thin. We could hear full on conversations of our neighbors'. Request a room away from...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! I am sorry to hear you didn’t get the night’s sleep you were expecting! I am very happy to hear you found the hotel to be clean, fun and a good value. Our proximity to the Promenade Shopping Center, IKEA as well as many local restaurants is a plus for many of our guests. However, our location is not for everyone….we like to look at it as “Urban cool in unexpected places”! Again, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was a bit concerned about the drive to be hip and trendy (as I am decidedly neither), but it worked out well. The rooms strive to be European, and they succeed admirably.

Very friendly staff.

Coffee: one packet of decaf, two packets of real coffee. Excellent!

Closet space: small, but adequate

Cleanliness: excellent

No iron? That is one improvement I would recommend

I would stay here again

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our location is great if you are visiting Argonne or many other local companies in the area. I will pass on your kind words to the housekeeping department as they take a lot of pride in their work. A small hint for your next stay about the iron, they are tucked behind the bed in the headboard. A part of the room many of our guests miss. However, we want to make sure you have everything you need while you are here! We look forward to your next visit! Thanks again.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

First time I've stayed in an aloft Hotel, and I enjoyed myself. The staff was friendly, the room was fantastic, the social area was great for myself and my coworkers who were also staying there, location was fantastic to where I needed to be, as well as shopping and eating.
It's doubtful I'll be sent back to Bolingbrook again, but if I am, I'll be requesting that hotel!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
gm_aloft_bolingbrook, General Manager at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the hotel! Our lobby area re:mix is a great place to mix and mingle with friends and co-workers! It’s also nice to hear you enjoyed our location. Being so close to the Promenade shopping center, it offers our guests great shopping and eating options! We hope you come back to Bolingbrook (even if it’s not for work) so we can welcome you back!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Check in was effortless. Bar service fantastic. Room was super comfortable and layed out nicely. Bed very very very very comfortable. I slept like a baby and wished I could have brought the bed and linens home with me. Bar is full service, but menu is limited. If you are hungry, go elsewhere for dinner, but return to the bar.

My first time in Bolingbrook for business and I will definitley return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review on TripAdvisor! First off, we look forward to your return! I am very happy to hear you enjoyed yourself at our bar, w xyz. W xyz is a full service bar offering many local beers unique to the area. The bar does have a menu featuring sandwiches and great flatbreads! Since we are so close to great restaurants in the area, guests can take advantage of that, and like you said, return to our bar! Again, thank you for your review and come back soon!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here when we went to visit friends and sightseeing around Chicago. The staff at the front desk was great, very courteous and helpful. The layout of aloft hotels are modern and a great warm feeling. The rooms are laid out the same way and the almost hidden shower and toilet feature is great. The indoor heated pool and workout room are nice as well. The only issues I end up having with aloft hotels (I have stayed at three different ones) is that for the price you pay, there is no refrigerator or microwave in your room and the beds are fairly stiff. If you like stiff beds and don't mind having to bring your own cooler and use a microwave in the lobby, then it is a great place.

Room Tip: There is no stairs on the outside wings of the hotel unless you want to go right outside in which th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to hear you had a good time here at the aloft! I will be sure to pass on your positive comments about our front desk staff, as they love to hear feedback on their service. I am sorry to hear about the issues you encountered. All of our rooms have mini fridges (chillers) under the vanity. If your room did not have one, I apologize! Also, I am sorry to hear you don’t find our beds ultra comfortable! The aloft platform bed is on the firmer side. Hopefully you were able to sleep off all of the great Chicago sightseeing! Thanks again for your review!