All reviewspool tablelobby bartrendy hotelnice changenice barbusiness tripfood optionsshopping and restaurantsmodern decorsleeping areacomfortable roombreakfast areafitness centerstaff was friendlyindoor poolmallhip
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I recently stayed at the Aloft Bolingbrook hotel in March for one evening. The hotel is very modern and trendy. The staff was very friendly and helpful. This hotel is right next to awesome stores, theaters and restaurants. Hotel was very clean and maintained. The only complaint is that the walls are thin and I could hear the couple next door having sex. (But then again, this woman was pretty loud, so I think you would've heard her wherever you were staying!) We have stayed at this hotel before and have never had any problems or issues. I defintely recommed this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren S
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hotel! It’s always great to hear guests compliment our staff (friendly and clean)! I am very sorry to hear about your loud neighbor, but I’m glad to hear you recommend our hotel! The location is great with the Bolingbrook Promenade next to us. Great shopping and dining options! Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed February 24, 2012

This Aloft is off the beaten path, but very close to nice restaurants and shopping. Very quiet area and true to Aloft tradition - very trendy. The lobby is well appointed w/ a bar, pool table and lots of seating. Very nice gym. The room was absolutely clean, well kept & VERY quiet. A must stay if you are traveling in the area.

Room Tip: Cant go wrong w/ any of the rooms - mine was on the backside away from the street, facing LA fitness.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bob c
gm_aloft_bolingbrook, General Manager at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! We are very happy you enjoyed the off the beaten path location. Being within such a close proximity of the Bolingbrook Promenade Shopping Center is great for our guests to shop and eat. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return!

Reviewed February 23, 2012

This is a trndy hotel for poor twenty somethings.... They are trying to be chic and minimalistic. I travel for work and stay in hotels over 100 nights a year at the very least I expect a closet or armoir and a dresser. Aloft provides tiny shelves, a table, and a stick in one of the shelves for hanging clothes (4 hangers just don't cut it). No ironing board in the room. The walls are so thin that I could hear everytime my neighbor opened their window blinds.

As for this hotel specifically, the shower pressure is horrible, they only provide you with bar soap at the sink which as another user said takes 5 minutes to drain. The worst part was on my last day I went to the front desk to ask for toliet paper and was told it would be provided when the room was cleaned and the person promptyl turned away and started talking to soneone else. I was completely out and now had to wait 3-4 hours to use the bathroom????? Very poor service

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank FrqntTrvlr90

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! I am sorry to hear that you did not like the design of our guest rooms. While some travelers are looking for more standard amenities, we still like to think we provide them in a different way. The contemporary design of the room provides compartments in the headboard that hold the iron and ironing board and I apologize that this was not explained to you. The Bliss Spa products we offer in the guest room (bar soap, hand lotion) are standard in all guest rooms along with the built in dispensers for shampoo/conditioner and body wash. Also, I would like to apologize for the experience you had with front desk. Our expectation for service is that we provide our guests with any extra amenities they need while staying with us, so I apologize for the response you were given and will address this with the team. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, and while we can’t change the way our guests view the design of the hotel, we can certainly make changes to impact the way they view our service!

Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stay regularly at the Aloft Bolingbrook, and keep coming back. It's a great deal - especially when booking with Starwoods points. The rooms are clean and modern. Staff consistently efficient and friendly. My only complaint is that during wedding season they can be quite busy and the main lobby can be crowded and loud. However, because of the great atmosphere in the lobby area, we find that the noise generally remains there, and have not had issues with noise while in our room. Convenient to IKEA, shopping and restaurants. Lots of chain restaurants, nothing too unique, but good choices. Free parking and pet friendly are also great perks. Overall, it's a great value and we will be back soon!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled to hear you enjoy using your SPG Points for stays at our hotel! Travelers work hard to earn those points, so it’s great to hear you redeem them with us! Thank you for your kind words about the staff. I will make sure to pass that on to them. During wedding season the lobby can fill up quickly, but thank you for recognizing our ability to keep the party away from the guest rooms! We are excited to welcome you back the next time you are in town!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Liked the ultra modern decor and layout of the hotel. The rooms were well designed and functional. It had many upgrades you do not seem to get at the usual chains such as large flat panels TVs, glass shower with great pressure and comfortable beds. The only downsides were you can only get ice in the lobby and there is no lock on the bathroom door.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
gm_aloft_bolingbrook, General Manager at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We are also happy to hear you liked the décor and layout of the hotel. The placement of the 42” flat screen television, the glass showers are all an attempt to maximize space and give a loft like experience. I apologize for the inconvenience of not having an ice machine on every floor. We do our best to keep noise and distractions off the guest room floors so we keep the ice machine on the main level. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town! Thanks again.