All reviews pool table lobby bar trendy hotel nice change nice bar business trip food options shopping and restaurants modern decor sleeping area comfortable room breakfast area fitness center staff was friendly parking lot indoor pool mall
Reviewed February 23, 2012

This is a trndy hotel for poor twenty somethings.... They are trying to be chic and minimalistic. I travel for work and stay in hotels over 100 nights a year at the very least I expect a closet or armoir and a dresser. Aloft provides tiny shelves, a table, and a stick in one of the shelves for hanging clothes (4 hangers just don't cut it). No ironing board in the room. The walls are so thin that I could hear everytime my neighbor opened their window blinds.

As for this hotel specifically, the shower pressure is horrible, they only provide you with bar soap at the sink which as another user said takes 5 minutes to drain. The worst part was on my last day I went to the front desk to ask for toliet paper and was told it would be provided when the room was cleaned and the person promptyl turned away and started talking to soneone else. I was completely out and now had to wait 3-4 hours to use the bathroom????? Very poor service

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank FrqntTrvlr90
gm_aloft_bolingbrook, General Manager at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! I am sorry to hear that you did not like the design of our guest rooms. While some travelers are looking for more standard amenities, we still like to think we provide them in a different way. The contemporary design of the room provides compartments in the headboard that hold the iron and ironing board and I apologize that this was not explained to you. The Bliss Spa products we offer in the guest room (bar soap, hand lotion) are standard in all guest rooms along with the built in dispensers for shampoo/conditioner and body wash. Also, I would like to apologize for the experience you had with front desk. Our expectation for service is that we provide our guests with any extra amenities they need while staying with us, so I apologize for the response you were given and will address this with the team. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, and while we can’t change the way our guests view the design of the hotel, we can certainly make changes to impact the way they view our service!

Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stay regularly at the Aloft Bolingbrook, and keep coming back. It's a great deal - especially when booking with Starwoods points. The rooms are clean and modern. Staff consistently efficient and friendly. My only complaint is that during wedding season they can be quite busy and the main lobby can be crowded and loud. However, because of the great atmosphere in the lobby area, we find that the noise generally remains there, and have not had issues with noise while in our room. Convenient to IKEA, shopping and restaurants. Lots of chain restaurants, nothing too unique, but good choices. Free parking and pet friendly are also great perks. Overall, it's a great value and we will be back soon!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled to hear you enjoy using your SPG Points for stays at our hotel! Travelers work hard to earn those points, so it’s great to hear you redeem them with us! Thank you for your kind words about the staff. I will make sure to pass that on to them. During wedding season the lobby can fill up quickly, but thank you for recognizing our ability to keep the party away from the guest rooms! We are excited to welcome you back the next time you are in town!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Liked the ultra modern decor and layout of the hotel. The rooms were well designed and functional. It had many upgrades you do not seem to get at the usual chains such as large flat panels TVs, glass shower with great pressure and comfortable beds. The only downsides were you can only get ice in the lobby and there is no lock on the bathroom door.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
gm_aloft_bolingbrook, General Manager at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We are also happy to hear you liked the décor and layout of the hotel. The placement of the 42” flat screen television, the glass showers are all an attempt to maximize space and give a loft like experience. I apologize for the inconvenience of not having an ice machine on every floor. We do our best to keep noise and distractions off the guest room floors so we keep the ice machine on the main level. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town! Thanks again.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

If you like more "traditional" (old, dated and worn) decor and hotels, this is not the place for you! Uber-contemporary design is very appealing and not over the top. Very well-thought-out room layouts with many "little" things that make the room more functional...e.g. the table over the ac unit, nice place to sit, room to open luggage, decent lighting, good internet service, counter space in the bathroom and a jumbo shower (really, does anyone use a bath tub?) Best of all, under $100 when I stayed there.

This would be a value at $350 in Manhattan.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review on TripAdvisor! We are very happy to hear you found our hotel to not only be contemporary but a great value! The layout of our rooms are not only functional but fun and contemporary. We welcome you back any time so you can experience “Style at a Steal” again. Thanks again!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

We chose this hotel for my daughters b day sleepover for a couple of her friends. I loooove this hotel, its new, modern and has a great atmosphere. the only down fall is that the pool is quite small and that there was a event going on so there were ppl everywhere! We couldn't enjoy the sitting area

• Stayed: February 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with others on TripAdvisor! I am very happy to hear you and your family enjoyed her birthday sleepover! Splash, our pool area is a comfortable size but as you said, can fill up quickly. I apologize that there was not enough room for you to comfortably spread out. We welcome you back soon and wish your daughter a happy belated birthday!