All reviewspool tablelobby bartrendy hotelnice changenice barbusiness tripfood optionsshopping and restaurantsmodern decorsleeping areacomfortable roombreakfast areafitness centerstaff was friendlyindoor poolmallhip
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We signed a contract at this hotel for our guest for my son's wedding. Shame on me! I should have read the reviews of the hotel on this website! Once a contract is signed they hold you to it, although they do not feel that they have to hold up their end of the bargain. It begins with a bride and groom visiting the sales department to get a block of rooms. They ask if you would like a complimentary bridal suite. By saying yes, as most young couples will, you unknowingly lose any hope of a comp room. Our room block was "guaranteed" until August 4th. The hotel was sold out on July 25th, causing issues for our guests, as the closing date was printed on the invitations. Upon arrival, the front desk people could not pull it together, and were quite unpleasant. Over the weekend, we were flooded with complaints from our guests. Rooms were not cleaned (even when guests would visit the front desk and ask for the room to be cleaned); clean towels were nowhere to be found; coffee in the rooms were not replaced. Billing was incorrect. I had reserved a room for my niece. When she arrived, we gave them her credit card and switched the room to her name. Still, I was billed for her room. Hmmmm....I wonder if she was as well? The worst part of the entire stay was ordering a continental breakfast for our group! I was told that we would receive fresh muffins and other pastries, coffee and fresh fruit trays. I signed an agreement stating the fruit would be fresh, sliced melons. I have attached a picture of the tray, taken just after a few small children had taken some orange slices. The bananas were brown and cut into thirds, there was ONE orange cut up and a sliced apple! It was an embarrassment to both me AND the hotel! When I complained about it, the hotel refunded half of my money. With coffee free in the lobby, and the fruit so bad, I ended up paying $260 for two dozen muffins, as the other "pastries" were vending machine packages!!! Both the sales manager and the hotel manager considered this fair! How can this be? This hotel does not care about your group! Once the contract is signed and they have your money, they consider their job done. If you read the reviews on this website, you will see that the hotel manager always replies saying they are addressing these issues. It is very clear to me that they have absolutely no intention of changing their policies or procedures! There are plenty of great hotels in this area that really do care if your event goes well. THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM!!!

Room Tip: If you cannot look at a suite before reserving, don't select a suite. They are incredibly small!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank brideadvocate
Reviewed September 4, 2011

My husband & i along with many friends stayed here for a wedding in Lemont. Great place, clean, love the the following: walk-in shower, music in the elevator, continental breakfast., and friendly bar. The space in the room is well used. Nice big bathroom counter, separate toliet/shower from sink. The hotel did well working with the bridal couple by helping to provide maps to the church & reception. They need to have one more chair in the room.I will definately stay in other ALOFT hotels.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We stayed here on two separate nights on a Midwest road trip. I enjoyed our first night here so much that I looked forward to it on the trip home. The rooms were spacious and very clean both times (mirror of each other) and on the second stay it came with a refrigerator. We stayed on the ground floor on the first night and did not have any issues with sound. I was worried since some of the reviews suggested that it could be a problem but the sound barrier doors that separate the rooms from the bar worked for us. The rooms came with a new flat screen TV with lots of channels. The showers had good water pressure but one thing to note is that you only get a stand up shower and can’t take a bath. There is plenty of free parking here but no breakfast. We will definitely stay here again if we are in Chicagoland.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We recently attended a wedding in the area and the family made arrangements with the Aloft Hotel for rooms and transportation to/from the reception. It was obviously well planned by the staff since the entire evening appeared to be one seamless event.

Guests were shuttled between the hotel and reception without any delays or problems, the hotel facilities were clean, available and well staffed. The party continued at the Aloft bar into the early morning hours before everyone turned in for the night.

Kudos to the Aloft staff and family for offering a fun and safe alternative which allowed the celebration to continue into the early morning hours.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I planned our wedding block/shuttle for a few months working with Meagan Casey. She was the most delightful, friendly, organized person to work with. My husband and I were so lucky to have worked with her. Not only did she help us organize the block of rooms, she worked closely with us to plan a shuttle to help make our wedding party travel in a safe and convenient way. Whenever speaking with Meagan on the phone, she was always friendly to talk to, and we always hung up feeling like everything was in good hands, and taken care of. After the wedding reception the night was able to continue on for hours later in the Aloft bar/lobby which was perfect to have on a day you never want to end. Having our wedding party,family, friends, and my husband and I end our night at A loft was everything we could have asked for and more.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple