All reviewspool tablelobby bartrendy hotelnice changenice barbusiness tripfood optionsshopping and restaurantsmodern decorsleeping areacomfortable roombreakfast areafitness centerstaff was friendlyindoor poolmallhip
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I really enjoy the personal touch both Amanda and Sabastian demonstrate. Both are quality young People that always go out of their way to see if I need anything....or just
to say hello/welcome. It's the little things that make the difference or seperate the
competition in my opinion, it's one main reason I keep coming back.

Room Tip: Great location (food/drinks/shopping)
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
gm_aloft_bolingbrook, General Manager at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! I am very happy to hear you enjoy staying with us. I will make sure to also pass on your kind words to Amanda and Sebastian! We are very happy to have them as part of our team! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town!

Reviewed May 17, 2011

The front desk staff at Aloft was particularly friendly and helpful.

The rooms are very well laid out and I particularly enjoyed the modern design of the bathroom. My room was immactulately clean when I arrived and I had a great night's sleep on the soft linens and comfortable mattress.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Matteo088
gm_aloft_bolingbrook, General Manager at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! I am happy to hear you enjoyed the room you stayed in. Our bathrooms come fully equipped with Bliss Spa bath products that our guests come back for. Also, we are happy to hear our location worked and was a convenient distance from the airport. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit!

Reviewed May 16, 2011

An extremely loud set of guests kept me up until 1:30 in the morning during my stay at the Aloft Bolingbrook, and when I called the front desk, I didn't get the sort of customer service I expected. What I expected was that someone from the hotel would come up to my floor, see how loud and rowdy things were, and work with the guests to either move the party elsewhere or quiet down. What I got instead was an excuse: "Sorry, it's a wedding party." As if that makes any difference! The manager offered to move me to another floor - at 1:30 in the morning. I didn't take him up on it. Instead, I got out of bed, changed out of my pj's and went out into the hall to ask for quiet myself. Luckily the wedding party was happy to take the festivities elsewhere.

Food choices are limited and awful. They only had caffeine free diet coke for sale, for instance, during my stay. And there's nothing in the area to speak of, other than some industrial grade suburban nonsense.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank cyasukot

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! I am sorry to hear you had a less than perfect experience at the hotel. Because of your feedback we are taking a hard look at the way noise complaints are handled on the weekends. We do have many wedding guests that stay with us, however that is in no way to say other guests shouldn’t be able to get a good night’s sleep! I have spoken with the staff that worked with you that night and I can assure you we have made this a topic for retraining.

Also, I am looking into why there was only Caffeine-Free Diet Coke available. We offer a wide variety of Coke products to our guests and will need to ensure they are available at all times. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at the hotel and thank you for the feedback. I will be reaching out to you personally to make sure we make this right.

Reviewed May 3, 2011

DON'T BOOK WEDDING BLOCK HERE!
If having your block of rooms expire without warning 4weeks prior to the wedding is your thing, then the Aloft Hotel is your place. They offer a lovely amount of stress on soon to be brides and grooms, by forcing them to scramble and find new accommodations for all their guests just weeks before the big day. Sarcasm aside, the Aloft hotel provided us with absolutely no warning or foresight that we were approaching the cutoff day to have a certain amount of rooms booked to hold our block. Had they just given us a single warning, we would have happily called our procrastinating guests, or we would have temporarily reserved the rooms on our own credit card. Instead, we found out from guests trying to book rooms that none were available and our block had expired a week ago. To my amazement, when I immediately called and spoke to Meghan in their sales department, she offered no solutions or explanation other than “that is the rule that is covered in the contract you signed 9 months ago”. Shame on me for assuming that a hotel might have a policy, or just the common courtesy and smarts, to notify a party of 10-20 rooms that they risk losing all their rooms and shuttle to and from the reception if they don't have a certain number of reservations in the next few days.

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank MJoliet
gm_aloft_bolingbrook, General Manager at Aloft Bolingbrook, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of your resent experience with our hotel. I am very sorry that you are not pleased with the services we offer or the way the staff handled your situation. While it seems we cannot make up for the situation, I would like to offer some explanation.

You state that you did not receive a warning that your room block cut off date was approaching. You are absolutely right, and that is something we will look at in the future. Our hotel works with many wedding blocks, setting up personal websites and offering complimentary shuttle service if agreed room nights are booked. While we have not had issues in the past, we will review our practices to decide if reminder emails/calls would be appropriate.

I am sorry to hear you felt as though when you called the hotel to resolve the issue, we were unresponsive. We make every attempt to handle situations as best we can. I know that while we were not able to offer the wedding block rate, we did have a few rooms that we attempted to make available to you so your family and friends could all stay at the same hotel. I respect your decision to decline that offer and I hope there was no misunderstanding about the rooms that were already reserved. While the total rooms booked did not qualify for the complimentary shuttle service, the rate was guaranteed.

You also state that you lost all of your rooms because you did not book the required amount. The minimum was to guarantee complimentary shuttle service only. My understanding is that after being told we would not be able to extend the contracted cut off date, you and your fiancé decided to cancel the rooms completely. While I respect your decision, my hope is that you know our hotel was happy to host the guests that had made their reservation in your block at the agreed rate.

Again, our hotel and staff do our very best to work with couples for their wedding day. We fully understand the stresses of planning and I am sorry if we added to that stress. Because of reviews like yours, we will review our systems and processes to ensure we deliver the highest level of service.

Finally, I do wish you and your fiancé a happy wedding day and wish you the best.

Reviewed May 2, 2011

From the minute we walked through the doors until we left we had such a wonderful experience at the Aloft. We were greeted by a friendly front desk person who handled our reservation efficiently. The room was very clean and we had a good night sleep on the comfortable beds and soft pillows. I loved how the shampoo and soap were in dispensers in the shower. So easy to use. I would highly recommend staying at the Aloft in Bolingbrook, Illinois.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! Its reviews like yours that keep us motivated to deliver great service and a great product. We are thrilled you enjoyed the Bliss Spa products in the bathroom (an aloft hotel exclusive) and look forward to your next stay in the area. Thank you again for your positive comments and come see us again soon!