“Alright for quick stay”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I did not pay for the room my company did, cannot comment on price.

However, rooms do not have refrigerators unless your in a king room. On top of that the ice machine was broken. I offered to go grab one, and move it myself if the front desk would let me. They did not want to help in any way.

Rooms are alright, vaulted ceilings on second floor make it seem bigger. However there was no screen in the window and flies were all over until we killed them all. Bathrooms are small. Air conditioners are outdated and we were drenched in sweat hoping the room would cool down. When the sun is beaming in the window, the room will be hot and uncomfortable. Lobby is hot. Everywhere is hot at this hotel. Not a good place to be in the summer.

Room Tip: It is two hotels combined. Make sure you are in the quality inn part vs. the econolodge.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 18, 2013

3rd. time my inlaw booked a room in this Dump.(Must be a glutton for punishment) Desk attendant could not or would not speak clear "English". Seemed that she had been interrupted from something more important than taking care of us. We were given a smoking room on the backside of the building even though we specified "NON-Smoking".We had to leave the door open for 3.5 Hrs.to air out just so we could sleep in it. The room was filthy with what appeared to be clean sheets and pillowcases although worn and torn. Things were broken, holes in walls,covers falling off heater/A/C. No vent in bathroom/ceiling falling down. I don't know about my inlaw, but I'll never stay there again.

Room Tip: "AVOID" this place as if it had the plague.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 437jamesa
Reviewed August 14, 2013

A good price, clean and well kept.. there will be always be a few minor issues with lower priced hotels but there is nothing to scream about here.. kids, family, couples will all enjoy this place.. no issue here. I stayed in over a dozen hotels in the past 2 weeks and have seen all levels.. we were upgraded to a better room- 114 i think... 'A' stay... I actually booked again to stay a week later we enjoyed it so much..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The pictures and description for this hotel do not match reality. We checked in for a free night using choice points - and the room was not even worth free. We stayed less that one hour. The hotel was very dirty - windows in public areas had not been washed in months, lobby and hallway carpets were filthy and smelled bad, old danish still out in breakfast area (at 6 PM), found bacon on the floor of our room, bed spreads looked like they had not been washed in months, very old 1970's furniture, wireless internet did not work, strange people who looked like they lived there full time hanging around. Did not feel safe. Went to a hotel run by another chain across town and had to take a shower from being in this hotel for the short time. Can't believe a chain (even a value chain like Choice Hotels) would put their name on this property.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CB84OH
Reviewed July 8, 2013

At first I thought this was going to be a good hotel because of no smoke smell whatsoever in the hallways as we went to the room. However, as we entered the room we were absolutely blown away by the musty smell coming from the air conditioner. The unit did not look old so I'm guessing they haven't serviced the unit or the filters inside in quite some time. On the good side, it was clean. The bathroom was acceptable. The decor needs a lift out of the 70s-80s though. The bedspread was laughable it looked so old. Because of no hint of smoke and a clean bathroom we stuck it out for the evening in the room. But, will not be revisiting this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2013

For us the Bloomington/Normal area is the half-way stop on trips east. I tried the Quality Inn because I have Choice Rewards. I was disappointed by the hotel. Breakfast had hot and cold choices but I've seen better. The restaurant choices in this part of Bloomington/Normal aren't the best either. Hotel is adjacent to EconoLodge - it isn't clear which is which.

I used to stay at the Comfort Inn (now a La Quinta) next door and stopped doing so because it was always a mess. Won't stay here (Q.I) again.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel was a last minute stopover on our way home for vacation. Have stayed MANY times at the Quality Inn at different places and it was very good. First the rooms are exterior - the web photos show it as interior, the lighting is horrible. The breakfast was ok, but the only protein option was canned sausage gravy. They had 2 kinds of juice, breads and a few different cereals. Will definitely not stay here again. Did not feel safe at all. It was clean but way overdue for some MAJOR overhauls.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple