“One night was ok.”

Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Illinois
“One night was ok.”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The first thing I noticed when I arrived to check in was the smell. They offer smoking and non smoking rooms but I'm guessing the majority of the rooms are smoking because this place wreaks of smoke! The girl at the front desk was not very friendly and didn't seem particularly bright and I would find out later my impression of her was correct. We checked into our non smoking room and I was happy that it didn't smell at all like smoke. The lobby area was cleanand bright and the room also was clean. My husband is 6'5" and his head nearly touched the ceiling in the entry way of our room. The bathroom was tiny with the shower, toilet, sink and a goodsized vanity all squeezed into it. But it was clean and the water was hot and had good preassure. Everything about the decor needed updated. The bed was broken somewhere because it made a terrible noise whenever you moved around in it and the remote to the Tv didn't work. For $74 a night it was ok but I wouldn't want to stay there again. The breakfast was ok but limited. When we went to check out we had never been checked into the computer and were listed as a no show. This concerned me since we had paid cash for the room but had held it with a credit card. We were concerned that the girl checking us in may have charged the card and taken the money but a check with our cc company showed no charge so she just must have not checked us in. Boy sure why........ One night here was enough.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Illinois
Reviewed October 23, 2012

There is a McD's right next door. Sleep in your car on its lot before staying at this dump. We were shown 3-different rooms...They all stunk & were dirty. We left of course. Went to west side of I-55 and stayed at Comfort Inn Suites...more $, but 1000x nicer. My wife & I took showers first thing, after being in that Quality(HA!) Inn.

Room Tip: There are several newer motels just west, across I-55(Comfort Suites, Holiday Inn Express, et. al...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Clive, Iowa
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Another hotel that seems to be a hand-me-down. Room was large, old AC/Heating Units. King unit had desk, chair with ottoman, comfortable newer mattress. Had mini-fridge and microwave. There are some plumbling issues based on malodor from sink and comment I overheard made by staff. Easy Interstate access. Many fast food places nearby but not many restaurants. Breakfast was low quality. Exercise room consisted of treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike, and a newer multi-function weightlifting station
Pool was okay.

• Stayed October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on the West side of town due to lack of availability at other hotels in town. It is clean enough but just old...sometimes worn can be mistaken for dirty...If the hotel were updated inside and cleaned up some on the outside would have ranked higher. The staff was nice enough and breakfast was pretty decent. Would stay again if other updated hotels were not available. Was not really in the room much anyway, just to sleep and shower and the beds were alright and the shower was clean...so if you are a budget traveler you should be fine here. I have definately stayed at worse places!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cinbad6
Lockport, Illinois
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed just one night for a softball tournament. The hotel was clean. They offered a very small breakfast in the am, but it was just enough to get us started for the day. The indoor pool was small, but we were the only people there, so it was fine. We would stay here again, since we know the rooms were clean, staff was friendly, and very easy to check in and out.
Despite staying in a room close to the stairwell and lobby, there was absolutely no noise!

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so if you have difficulty with many steps, request a room on the first floor...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 21, 2012

A mixed review here. Hotel hidden behind a Quality Inn and has maybe 35-40 rooms Nice enough front desk & check in. OLD hotel with old rooms. Mostly clean with an earwig in the bathroom and some other little bug I could not identify. I'm glad my spouse was not with me, she would have insisted we move out.

At $55 bucks, what can you expect?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
minnesota
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

This place was a late night stop on our way from Minnesota to Nashville. When I walked in I immediately noticed it was HOT in the lobby. I asked if the air was broken in the hotel and the clerk said.."no, it works in the rooms...the lobby area is just hard to cool and its having a hard time keeping up". Ok, fine. I pay for the room, unload my family of 5...see that the rooms aren't great..but figure...we just need a place to shower and sleep. However, we realize through the night that the air in the room can't keep up either as we wake midway through the night sweating!
The next morning my husband mentions to the desk clerk that our air did not work well. She apologized and he said "ok, just wanted you to know". Then when I checked out the desk clerk actually said this..."I heard your air didn't work very good. Did you open the window? It was a nice night! I slept like a rock!" I just said "no, we didn't..." and got in the car thinking..."should I have had to open the window??? Who says that in response to an unhappy customer.
NEVER, EVER AGAIN WILL I STAY AT A QUALITY INN!
Melissa... Rochester, Mn