Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington(Bloomington)(Great Value!)
$79
$129
Residence Inn
$104
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 28, 2012

My fiance and I were heading out on a road trip to Atlanta last year in June. We had been driving since 7 from Iowa and were tired so we went and checked out two hotels, one was a Days Inn and the other was this turd. We decided to save a little cash the first day and stayed here for $55 for a basic room. However, the desk clerk mistakenly put us in a room that wasn't clean so they moved us to another room across the way. When we got into the room it was freezing, keep in mind though that it was a dry and humid summer already but still it wasn't pleasant. After attempting to turn on the rooms lights, my fiance discovered that there weren't any light bulbs but one in a dresser drawer. After watching some American Dad, I decided to look up some review's. On here no less, lol, and read some very negative reactions from people. After reading the one about someone coming into their room and turning off their tv in the middle of the night, I decided to barricade our door with chairs so nobody could get in and after reading about the drug pipe and knife review I was hesitant to shower even but we checked entirely several times but found that the water and shower water run at the same time and fills the bottom of the tub. The breakfast was terrible, we ate corn flakes and left. Moral of this story. Either they need to fix this junker up or close down. It was the worst hotel stay of my life.

Room Tip: Dont get the cheap one
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sean C
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We only stayed here because we were traveling with my mother in-laws cat. Returning the cat the her after she came home from the nursing home. We were quoted one price, and the charges seemed to escalate from there. If it were not for the cat we would not have stayed there. Bottom line: Choose another hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This is what I expect when staying at a middle of the road hotel, rooms were clean, the service was good, pool and whirlpool were in good shape (the sauna was out of order though). Food was located near-by at the Cracker Barrel. Plenty of room in the parking lot, even for trucks and RVs.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Steven T
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I was traveling through and booked directly through the hotel using AAA. I got a good rate from a very friendly and customer service oriented desk clerk. I found the hotel to be exceptional clean. It is not new and flat screen tv's are not the norm in the room. However my purpose on this trip was to sleep and it was great. Easy off the interstate and lots of food choices around the property. I like reasonable costs when I travel and this worked great. I really like pleasant, warm and friendly environments. This worked for me.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank bgould1001
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I recently stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites on Brock Drive in Bloomington, IL and was shocked when we arrived. The establishment looked nothing like the pictures or the description on the internet. Unfortunately, we had no choice but to stay there because every other room was booked for this particular weekend. We had one of the suites which was in the back section and it was gross, to put it mildly. Not only had it not been renovated in many years but it had not been "cleaned" in many years either. Thankfully, I am not a child so I was able to pull my feet up from the sticky floors and carpet. I don't even want to know what was on there. There was no mattress pad on the pull out bed and when one was brought up it was totally worn and stained. I would never recommend this place. The water pressure was so bad that we were told you have to leave the water running in the bar sink for a while before it will come out?? When I gave our list of 11 complaints to the woman at the front desk all she said they would do was give some extra points .. wow! I guess it could have been worse and they could have offered us a free night. The type of people wandering in the outside hall were extremely scary plus the doors opened to this outside hall.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this establishment.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends