Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
$56
Country Inn
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington(Bloomington)(Great Value!)
$79
$106
Travelocity
$104
$99
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 17, 2011

As a first time AARP user, I was VERY DISAPPOINTED! My suggestion comment and feedback would be (HIGHLY) to check out hotels before you sell them to customers!

While on the road traveling and visiting colleges with my daughter, I was hoping (and trusting) AARP travel service could help me save time and money with providing area hotel accommodations. Instead, the service wasted 4 hours of my travel time (including having to find other accommodations on our own and writing this) and added more upset and aggravation than anything else.

The hotel AARP provided was a dump: very unkept, smelly, unclean (mold everywhere: bathrooms, ceilings) and was a place that should be closed down! Even worse, when trying to cancel, I was told I still had to be charged for the room because I was there for an hour (the time it took me to try and cancel everything)! After an awful and upsetting 40 minute phone and person ordeal with the hotel front desk employee and the AARP, cancelation and a full refund was made.

Unfortunately, as a result of all this (and needless to say), I was very disappointed and very unhappy with this service and would not recommend its use in the future, nor to anyone. (Celebrity Betty White would not be very happy, either!)

Room Tip: Search for hotel accommodations yourself!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank roadtrip2011_11
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I chose this hotel for lodging for a graduation event. The hotel definitely needs some remodeling. It is showing it's age. Cleanliness could have been better. The breakfast area was OK, but wasn't always stocked well. The second morning, the orange juice dispenser needed filling and the gal who was on duty arrived late. This left the person who manned the desk to fill in.

Until the rooms are remodeled and the service improves I would not recommend this hotel

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 31, 2011

I wish I had read the reviews here first. We selected the place because we had free points with Choice Hotels. I had been injured on our trip and could not help my husband drive. We were both very tried when we got there or we would have moved on.

The room smelled terrible (we had put chair in the door to hold it open until we went to bed (ater we stripped all but sheets). The floor was dirty. Stairs going to second floor were rusty. The place was a real dive.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ohi008
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Great play to stay while in Bloomington, IL. Rooms were clean and the service was great!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Garyj4040
Reviewed December 8, 2010

Came in with a group. Paid for all but two rooms before our arrival date. Gave them my credit card upon arrival for one of the two remaining rooms. They didn't run it for weeks(?), they said, because my room was linked to group. So after they called me, they ran it three (3) times. Then a week later they ran it again & forgot the decimal point, and then ran it again for the correct amount!?!?!
Of course, my credit card was maxed when they ran $9000. Got that reversed same day, but still have four (4) room charges for one (1) room for a one-night stay. Ridiculous!

• Stayed: November 2010