“Clean, Convenient and Close”

Super 8 Bloomington
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Missouri
“Clean, Convenient and Close”
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Husband and I stayed two nights for the District Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses. The hotel room was clean and nice and crisp when we got there. Room had little fridge to keep food stuffs in, tv in room with romote, alarm clock (that worked), coffee maker and blow dryer. Room 214. The only thing was in the middle of the night other people where coming in and it was noisy, not really the hotels fault. Lady at night was friendly and the people in the morning where also. The quick breakfast was convenient. Waffles, donuts, cereals, bagels, bread. If there was anything else I missed it. Loved the cheese danish rolls, must of ate 6 of them :)
The room attendents or maids where nice and helpful. They appreciated it very much when you left them a tip. We felt safe there and it was close to just about anything. Eastland Mall is up the road and plenty of places to eat around the area. It was only 5 minutes from U.S Cellular Colisum. Very very convenient for JW's for their conventions there. Price was normal. I supposed we got what we paid for, a bit cheaper would have been nice. The staff was very friendly and help us with directions around downtown. They took the time to be nice to us. I thought the lady at time was very charming and sweet.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Cranky_Chef_Girl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
bloomington, illinoise
Reviewed February 19, 2010

WARNING! This hotel may seem "ok" but be sure you get a receipt and know what
your paying! because if you dont... just wait til you do see the bill, theyl
jack it up close to $100 bucks a night! and theres nothing there for it to
be worth even near that to begin with!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Bloomington
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I had a bad experience with this hotel the day after my wedding. I made my reservation couple mounths before my wedding and I let them know that I will be checking in really late because it will be just after my wedding reception party. But once in place, the hotel cancel my reservation without noticed me and gave my room to somebody else I don't know why. I stayed there for more than an hour with my tox and my wife in front of a guy who was unable to find a solution for us. That was terrible. That was about 3am and we have to find where to sleep. Never tried this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed October 28, 2006

We stayed here for my daughters parent weekend at Illinois State University. All hotels were booked for this weekend but this one and we could see why. The beds were saggy, sheets dingy, musty smelling. Someones loose dog was running around the hallways (they allow pets apparenty not leashed). The room was soooo outdated. Holes in the walls, horrible bedspreads and carpeting. The tub was filthy. No screens on the windows. DON'T STAY HERE!!!!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — filthy
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Travelers also viewed these Bloomington hotels
Days Inn Bloomington Normal
Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington
#14 of 22 in Bloomington
The Chateau Hotel and Conference Center
#18 of 22 in Bloomington

Been to Super 8 Bloomington? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Bloomington

Property: Super 8 Bloomington
Address: 818 Iaa Dr, Bus 55 Ex 167 Veterans Pkwy, Bloomington, IL 61701-2220
Location: United States > Illinois > Bloomington
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Bloomington 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Super 8 Bloomington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Motel Bloomington Hotel Bloomington