“$59 a night”

Super 8 Bloomington
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We stayed here last yr for the district conv of JW's. Front desk ppl nice and helpful. Room was clean and accomendating for what weneeded. Air condition ice cold :) has little fridge in room, blow dryer, coffee mkr, no iron. had room 113 nice room, no elevator so you have to haul lugguage up two levels if rm is higher up. we has bottom flr :) there are smoking and non smoking rms but you can still smell it. breakfast in morning was very basic, cereal, waffles, danish, toast, jelllies and butter, microwave (also in rms). The hotel is close to walgreens (24 hrs) and plenty of hotels and shopping right out the door practically. overall we have enjoyed our last two stays and will be back next yr. just know, you get what you paid for. if the hotel would replace their bed comforters then the rm would be much more attractive and missed the fresh fruit that was there last yr.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Cranky_Chef_Girl

Reviewed June 4, 2011

We stayed for one night during my son's orientation to Illinois State University. What a dump! The lobby and the hallways were dirty. The bathroom was dirty, with hair on the floor. The fluorescent light in the bathroom flashed like a strobe light. And the top sheet on our bed was stained. I would never recommend this dump to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sclark908
Reviewed January 16, 2011

We went to Bloomington to catch a concert at the U.S. Cellular Coliseum and had to be back on the train at 7:30 the next morning so we didn't want to spend too much money on a hotel we were only going to be in for 6 hours. So after checking google we stayed at this place.
It was around $60 for the night.
We checked in late, but called around 3 in the afternoon to let them know we would be late. They said it was no problem and it wasn't.
The man at the desk was friendly and the room was very clean. There was a television a refrigerator and a microwave in the room. I used the shower in the morning and it was very nice and clean.
The breakfast in the morning featured bagels and pastries and a waffle maker. Along with coffee and two types of juice.
The place was very centrally located to the venue and the train station.
If I go back to Bloomington, I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Firehawk905
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Husband and I stayed two nights for the District Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses. The hotel room was clean and nice and crisp when we got there. Room had little fridge to keep food stuffs in, tv in room with romote, alarm clock (that worked), coffee maker and blow dryer. Room 214. The only thing was in the middle of the night other people where coming in and it was noisy, not really the hotels fault. Lady at night was friendly and the people in the morning where also. The quick breakfast was convenient. Waffles, donuts, cereals, bagels, bread. If there was anything else I missed it. Loved the cheese danish rolls, must of ate 6 of them :)
The room attendents or maids where nice and helpful. They appreciated it very much when you left them a tip. We felt safe there and it was close to just about anything. Eastland Mall is up the road and plenty of places to eat around the area. It was only 5 minutes from U.S Cellular Colisum. Very very convenient for JW's for their conventions there. Price was normal. I supposed we got what we paid for, a bit cheaper would have been nice. The staff was very friendly and help us with directions around downtown. They took the time to be nice to us. I thought the lady at time was very charming and sweet.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Cranky_Chef_Girl
Reviewed February 19, 2010

WARNING! This hotel may seem "ok" but be sure you get a receipt and know what
your paying! because if you dont... just wait til you do see the bill, theyl
jack it up close to $100 bucks a night! and theres nothing there for it to
be worth even near that to begin with!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I had a bad experience with this hotel the day after my wedding. I made my reservation couple mounths before my wedding and I let them know that I will be checking in really late because it will be just after my wedding reception party. But once in place, the hotel cancel my reservation without noticed me and gave my room to somebody else I don't know why. I stayed there for more than an hour with my tox and my wife in front of a guy who was unable to find a solution for us. That was terrible. That was about 3am and we have to find where to sleep. Never tried this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2006

We stayed here for my daughters parent weekend at Illinois State University. All hotels were booked for this weekend but this one and we could see why. The beds were saggy, sheets dingy, musty smelling. Someones loose dog was running around the hallways (they allow pets apparenty not leashed). The room was soooo outdated. Holes in the walls, horrible bedspreads and carpeting. The tub was filthy. No screens on the windows. DON'T STAY HERE!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
Quality Inn & Suites
Days Inn Bloomington Normal
#19 of 22 in Bloomington
Comfort Suites Bloomington Normal
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington-Normal Airport

Been to Super 8 Bloomington? Share your experiences!