“IHSA State Finals Competitive Dance”

Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My mom and I checked in Thursday night and the desk clerks couldn't have been nicer. She explained everything we needed to know about our room, parking, wi-fi, breakfast, etc. She finalized our check-in process with two delicious warm cookies. Once in our room, we were very happy about the size and cleanliness of the room. We also felt very safe everywhere in the hotel. My son joined us Friday and he was also very pleased with the hotel. He slept on the hide-a-bed and commented about how comfortable it was. We were thrilled the hotel was connected to a TGI Friday's and we met there for a late lunch Friday with my daughter's dance team and their families. We also really enjoyed the breakfast. The staff working the breakfast couldn't have been more friendly. We will definitely stay at a DoubleTree again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We apprecaite the wonderful feedback. We pride ourselves on our wonderful staff and the customer service they provide. We enjoyed having you all here with us for such a special event. We hope to have you back soon. Thank you again and take care.

There are newer reviews for Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This hotel is VERY nice and VERY CLEAN.....that is very important to us!!!! Staff is always great and the breakfast that is served is wonderful!!! Would stay there again for sure!!! My husbands always has a business gathering here and it is nice for a couple getaway as well.

Dear Rod R,

Thank you for your review. I am so happy to see you had such a wonderful experience while staying at the DoubleTree. We strive to make every guest experience one to remember and I am pleased you were no different. We hope we can have you back as our guest in the future. Thank you again and take care.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Several months ago I discovered this Bloomington, Il Doubletree during a business trip. Expecting a typical hotel experience where the employees do a "good job", but nothing really outstanding, I was stunned by the personalized, sincere, and involved service provided by the employees. At this hotel I never feel as if I am a victim of a stay; I feel as if the employees are experiencing the stay along with me based on their sincere attention to my needs. From housekeeping's unusual attention to detail in each and every room, to the Front Desk staff's extensive knowledge of how to use the authority and tools at their disposal to help make a guest's stay a memorable, comfortable, and pleasant one. I now book in advance to be sure that at least the lodging part of my business trips to this area are worry free.

Dear James K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate all the postive feedback. I will be sure to pass this review along to all departments. We strive to be the best we can be and it wouldn't be possible with out our amanzing guests such as yourself. I hope to continue seeing you in the future and we appreciate your loyalty. Thank you again and take care.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Very nice hotel, staff was very accommodating. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. We were there for a business function and they worked very hard to make sure everything was done promptly and properly. Breakfast is as good as you will find anywhere.

Dear Mark F,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am happy to see you enjoyed your time here with us. We strive to provide the best customer service to our guests. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to become the best we can be. Thank you again and take care.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I landed at Bloomington airport on the midnight of 13th Jan, in the midst of Polar Vortex episode in the Northern parts of US. After a long 30 hours journey from Bangalore - India I was dead tired and was disappointed to see no taxis available. I was almost alone at the airport when I thought of calling up the Hotel. The FE Executive picked up my call instantly and said he would be there to pick me up from the Airport in 10 mins, Voila, in just 8 minutes he was there and what a relief for me. This is how the guys at Doubletree run the extra mile for a customer and that too I was not a Hilton Hhonors member.

Not used to the harsh winter (-20 deg celsius) I was down with throat infection the next day. The lady at the breakfast counter made some quick tea for me with a dash of lemon and honey. The warm cuppa indeed cured my throat. The love and warmth shown by the elderly lady (sorry to have forgotten her name) is so friendly, I felt I was home although my home was 10000 miles away.

I was not given reservation for the 7th night since the hotel was sold out. I kept checking on the status but no luck. One fine morning I bumped into the G.M. who asked me why I was worried, I said Saturday is going to be the harshest winter of my life and I do not want to change the hotel for just 1 night. He immediately checked the computer and said DO NOT WORRY, I will do something for you and yes in 1 min he ensured I was given the 1 night extension.

I am really overwhelmed by their customer service and will stay at this place whenever I visit Bloomington but certainly not when the winter is harsh since we Indians are not used to this extreme cold weather.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear arvind_foodie,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We strive to create a warm and caring culture at the DoubleTree and I am so happy to see you experienced that during your time here. Nancy in our breakfast area is who you were referring to and she is just amazing. She always makes sure to touch each guest with a piece of home. I am sorry to hear you were not feeling well during your stay, but am glad to see Nancy was able to help your sore throat. We hope we can see you again in the future, as we hope we can become your home away from home. Thank you again and we truly appreciate your feedback and having you as part of our DoubleTree family.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We had a wonderful time in the penthouse suite. Enjoyed the fireplace in the living room and bedroom. The whirlpool was excellent. Had a good overnight stay. Staff surprised me with cheesecake to celebrate my birthday.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Judy K,

Thank you for your review of your stay. We are so pleased to hear about your wodnderful time while here in Bloomington. We pride ourselves on our wonderful staff and I am pleased you were able to experience that first hand. We are overjoyed when we get to experience a special event with our guests, such as a birthday. We hope you had a wonderful birthday and we hope to have you back as our guest again. Thank you again and take care.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Overall a very clean friendly hotel with great ammenities. The bed was extreamly comfortable as well was the rest of the room. I would suggest double checking up front if you book a room based on a special amenity. I picked a room that was supposed to have a large shower with two shower heads and a hot tub. The room did have a great hot tub but a very small shower.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear David W,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback as it helps us to become the best hotel we can be. We strive each and every day to make sure each guest leaves with a memorable experience, and I am happy to see you were able to enjoy your time with us. Thank you again and take care.