“Spacious suite at the doubletree bloomington”

Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed July 26, 2008

We stayed in this hotel en route to Madison for one night. It was very easy to find, not too far from the highway, off Veterans Parkway. Parking was free. Check in was easy and staff was very courteous and welcoming. We had a presidential suite on the Penthouse floor. It's a big room with a double fireplace (probably very nice in winter) and a huge bathroom with a double shower and a whirlpool. The carpets, which had been criticized by other reviewers, were freshly shampooed and clean. The bed was comfortable and the sofa bed good enough for a little kid but probably not great for an adult couple or teenagers. The work out room was small but acceptable with a few good machines and head sets, tvs, water etc....The pool was very chlorinated and the air around the pool very stuffy. The hotel is not without some charm with kitsch animals throughout (gold elephant in the lobby, giraffes and dolphin in the courtyard), though I react negatively to fake plants and these were everywhere. The complimentary breakfast was very acceptable (cereals, eggs, potatoes, toast, fruit and yogurt) with very friendly service.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed July 2, 2008

We stayed for just one memorable evening in a whirlpool suite. The staff was very accomodating. The room was spotless and very well presented. We dined at the attached TGI Friday's, what an experience! We were served at an outside table, very private and alone. Our waiter "Derick" was very attentive and even went above and beyond to find us some candles for romantic lighting! The food and drinks were superb! All in all it was a perfect romantic getaway even though it was a business trip also. We will surely go out of our way to stay at a DoubleTree again! Well worth the price paid! And we were even comped a tin of oven warm cookies in the morning at checkout! It is a have to stay destination!!! The best!
M and B from Iowa.

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed May 27, 2008

I am from Bloomington and we went to visit my family for the Memorial Day weekend. Since it was our anniversary, we decided to stay where we spent our wedding night at the Doubletree (was formerly the Radisson) as Bloomington does not have a great selection of hotels to stay at unless you are motel (think Holiday Inn Express) friendly, which we are not.

We did a pre-pay for the presidential suite. We got there shortly after 3 pm, which was the guaranteed check in time. We were informed that the guest from the previous night had a late check out and the room was not ready yet but we were given free drinks as long as we waited. It was maybe 30 minutes before we actually got into the room. The manager even went up there to help get the room ready.

The room was very clean, large, and temperature was well balanced. Slight gripes, the plasma tv had been wiped off with a cleaner so the screen was dull (it's Bloomington, not much to do there at night you know). The view was nice, and the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever experienced at a hotel.

It was quiet, the bathroom was large with a separate shower. There was a whirlpool, and a full selection of Neutrogena products - even facial cleanser, which made me happy.

All in all, it was a great value and great stay. The breakfast buffet was excellent, the service got a little annoying with the questions during the breakfast but they were genuinely interested in how our experience was.

For $300, this was well worth it and we will return there again next time we stay at a hotel in Bloomington.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2008

We found the staff to be very helpful, friendly, and responsive. The room was very comfortable, the pillows were the best we've ever slept on! The free breakfast was excellent, and again, the staff was very attentive to our needs. We would definitely stay there again, and will recommend it to our friends..

• Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed March 3, 2008

I had a late check-in due to travel delays and a rerouting of my flight into Peoria. When I got to my room I found that there was a loud rumbling and whoshing noise coming from the area of the bathroom. I thought it was perhaps plumbing or air conditioning and it would shut off but it was steady, persistent and loud. I knew I would not sleep well and I'm not a light sleeper. I investigaged down the hallway and found that the hotel's air handling unit was above my room on the roof. I asked for a new room but was told they were fully booked. Not a problem...until I went down to check out and three different couples checked in after me. They could have changed rooms but didn't.

In the past I found their breakfast, which you pay $9.95 for, to be worse than most other hotels in the area that provide them for free. Slow service and not the highest quality food relative to others.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank fplantan
Reviewed January 1, 2008

just looked from something close for our anniversary and found this on the internet . Took a chance and was very happy with it. The staff was almost surprisingly friendly even the maids and janitors asked if everything was fine and it was. The room was great and the bed was plush and it came with breakfast {which was OK not great. The bacon was cold but the eggs were good.} I recommend it

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed May 19, 2007

My wife & I stayed here on a Friday night in May 2007. We had a standard room with a king bed. Overall, it was an excellent experience.

The staff was friendly, helpful & fast. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is connected to a TGI Friday's that has plenty of TV monitors for watching sports, along with great food.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple