“Staying at Bloomington, IL Double Tree Hotel”

Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Durham, United States
“Staying at Bloomington, IL Double Tree Hotel”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I extremely enjoyed my stay at the Bloomington, IL Double Tree Hotel. The hotel is in the centeral location for my company's different sites in the region. i have been able to visit 3 of our stations per day and get back to my hotel with extra time left for relaxation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Fasica W,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am pleased to see you truly enjoyed your time at the DoubleTree. We strive for excellence and in making sure that every guest leaves happy, and I am happy to see you are no different. We hope to have you back as a guest in the future. Take care.

General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Downers Grove, United States
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel was nice. We really enjoyed the warm cookies. The breakfast was very good and for the small space, they are able to accommodate people well. The staff is very friendly everywhere. The pillows or cases need some refreshing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Diane E,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed yourself while staying at our hotel. We pride ourselves on our wonderful staff and I am happy to hear you were able to experience the true DoubleTree culture we have here. I will be addressing the pillow situation as we want to make sure every guest experience is one to remember. Thank you again, without reviews from guests such as yourself we would not be able to reach our goals of being the best we can be. Take care and we hope to see you again.

Oakland, TN, United States
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Hotel was good, however, you had to buy internet access. I stay at Hampton Inn's frequently and do not have to pay for internet. However, at the Double Tree you do. Almost all hotels offer this as standard to attract business travelers. I will not stay at Double Tree again. I did try to talk with the guest specialist about it but he smurked at my suggestion of free internet access. He was adamant that you must be a Gold member to make that happen.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank John K
Dear John K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We have found that guests preferred to pay for internet access if it meant receiving better internet, over fair internet for free. I am sorry you found this to be an inconvenience during your stay with us. Regarding the staff you spoke to about the charges, I do apologize for the behavior when the situation was addressed. We strive to be the best we can be and reviews from our guests are the only way for that to happen. I hope that we can change your mind and see you back in the future. Take care.

Bloomington, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at the hotel for 4 nights. Accommodations were nice and all employees were very friendly, approachable, and helpful. Our only complaint is that we were surprised on a Fri and Sat night when the hotel bar closed at 10 and 10:30 PM. We were looking for that evening nightcap glass of wine.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Walter L,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed yourr time here at the DoubleTree. We pride ourselves on our outstanding staff and I am so happy you found them to be as enjoyable as we do. I am sorry you were not able to enjoy our Brass Elephant Lounge as long as you would have liked to. I will address this with the proper department head and we'll see if there isn't something we can do about those hours for our guests. We hope to have you back in the future. Thank you again and take care.

Mt. Sterling, United States
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This has been the most pleasant hotel experiences we have had. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They are very knowledgable about the area and the events of the area. The hotel is very clean and well maintained and in a nice location.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Lyle L,

Thank you so much for your review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We strive for excellence and pride ourselves on our wonderful staff that we have. I am glad to see that we were able to meet every expectation you had as our guest. Please don't be a stranger, we hope to see you again soon. Thank you and take care.

Glenview, Illinois
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were in town visitng my daughter and needed to be close to here home. Didnt plan on being there during Graduation at ISU but we didnt have any choice once the rooms were confirmed. That would explain why the rates had jumped up from our last visit.
Breakfast in the morining was a good bargin for $10.00 per person but it was way too crowded.

Room Tip: Check activites in the area....they do have an impact on the rates.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Manager45589
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for time and for staying at The DoubleTree by Hilton. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Sorry that breakfast was crowded but unfortunately, with Parents weekend and the popularity of our full buffet breakfast, it is inevitable. We hope you will again find Doubletree by Hilton your home again, when travel brings you back to Bloomington!

Tiley Park, United States
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Friendly and very clean environment -excellent food at breakfast-Cookies are "out of this world"-best ever. Room was neat & clean -helpful staff,etc. We visit this hotel/motel every year and are never disappointed -ENJOY!!

Dear John W,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. I do have to agree with you that our cookies are outstanding, I am glad you were able to enjoy them and our wonderful breakfast buffet. I am also very pleased to see that your overall experience with us was one to remember. We strive to ensure that all guests expectations are not only met but exceeded whenever they are here with us. We would love to see you back in the future! Take care.