“Nice Hotel”

Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. Clean, safe, nice breakfast. Had a TGI Friday's in it which was nice. The only negative was the internet. You had to pay for it, which we didn't (just one night). Sometimes we were able to get it in our room. I guess if you were staying here for a long stay that might be irritating but we were ok with it. I honestly think that all hotels should just include wi-fi but hey nobody asks me ; )

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

We really appreciate the fact that you take the time to let us know of your stay and thoughts on WiFi. Very Controversial issue. Those hotels that are charging have invested a significant amount to create a superfast internet that in most cases are in excess of 100K. We are hoping that our cost is very minimal to our competitors and most will see the value. Thanks for the input and we will keep this in mind in our future planning of amenities.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Wonderful room and the breakfast was amazing, even when you have to pay for it? It is complementary if you are a Gold or Platinum HHonors member. I will stay here every time that I have the opportunity.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Bradley K,

Thank you for your kind words. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive each and every day to make each guest stay a wonderful experience, and I am glad to see that yours was. We hope to have you as a guest in the future! Thank you again and best wishes.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed here for five nights on a business trip, and it was a really nice hotel. It was in a good location, and when I checked in the people at the front desk gave really good suggestions on restaurants to try while I was in town. Breakfast every morning was excellent. I only used the pool/ hot tub once, but when I did it wasn't crowded at all. It had an overall "homey" feeling. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Cameron C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to see that your time here was relaxing and carefree. We strive to make every guest experience a positive and memorable one and I am happy to know that yours was no different. We hope to see you again in the future! Take care.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Room was standard - neat and clean. The breakfast for a buffet was wonderful and the price was spectacular - fresh homemade muffins, omelets cooked to order - juice and coffe brought to the table. Lovely hotel for a smaller town.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Sue S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time here in Bloomington. I am glad to hear you enjoyed yourself and our breakfast. We hope we can see you again on future visits to Bloomington-Normal. Thank you again and best wishes.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

At first we were disappointed with the location of our room, but then the girl on duty moved us and offered us free breakfast and drinks and made sure we were comfortable. So on average our stay went well after we were settled.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Andrea S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear your stay did not start out as we would like it to for our guests. I am very happy to know that our team member did step in to help turn that around for you. That is the kind of customer service we pride ourselves on. I hope that we will see you again in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel was nice but there was my girlfriend and I and my buddy and his girlfriend we reserved two rooms it said on priceline we were to get free cookies and complimintry cocktails upon arrival. We received two cookies for four people and no cocktails.... what a joke an we were refused a upgrade to queen or king beds because we had the internet rate. I bealive that if that don't want to offer priceline guests anything but snotty service they should not accept priceline bids.... was most happy when leaving hugely disappointed in our little getaway wish I would have saved my money and stayed home...

Room Tip: don't get a deal on priceline unless you want to be treated like crap
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Dave P,

I would like to start by saying how sorry I am for the experience you had while staying at our hotel. We try to always go above and beyond our guests expectations and we clearly we unable to provide that customer service to you and your friends. I want you to know that this particular situation is not the customer service we expect from our team members and will be addressed with the appropriate manager. I do want to thank you for brining this to our attention as this is the only way we can truly better ourselves to be the best hotel we can be. Again, I appreciate you taking the time to fill out this review, and I do hope we can have another chance at having you as a guest in our hotel in the future. Take care.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great hotel. Friendly staff, nice pool, and great room service! We ordered a variety of food items and everything was terrific, especially the prime rib sandwich. I only wish we could have stayed another night. We will be staying there again if we ever make it back to Bloomington.

Dear Rebecca C,

Thank you so much for all your kind words. We are so happy to hear that while staying in the Bloomington area we helped to make your time here that much more enjoyable. We try each and every day to go above and beyond for our guests and make our hotel a home away from home, and I am glad to see you are no different. We hope to see you back again on your next trip to Bloomington! Take care and best wishes.