“Poorly trained staff!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Sarasota, Florida
“Poorly trained staff!!!!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel as Starwood had no properties at this location. When I checked in, I asked for a wake up call and the shuttle reservation as I had an early flight. The desk clerk took my information and asked me to also call from my room to be certain that it was on the list. I thought that was quite odd, but got to my room and spoke to a person and again requested a wake up call and shuttle reserved to take me to the airport. I went to the work out center which was good and went to dinner with a business contact. Never got my wake up call, missed my flight and had to schedule and additional trip for a very important meeting. The hotel was OK, but the poorly trained staff ruined my stay.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank rockydogz1
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
We wish to apologize for your stay while in Bloomington. It does surprise us as our staff is very seasoned. In order for us to review, educate and correct and insufficient services you may have received, we would ask that you contact us with information that could better help us for future service issues.
Thank you for taking the time and we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Rodney Brittain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Clare, Illinois
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times and they never fail to deliver a great experience. Wednesday night complementary wine and cognac tasting. How can you go wrong with that? Great meeting rooms with plenty of green apples

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Clareinsguy,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed yourself. We try to make sure we make all our guests feel at home and welcome while staying with us, and I am glad you were able to participate in our Honor Every Guest event. We are planning more of these in the future as they are a huge hit with guests, hopefully we can see you back for more. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you soon.

Orland Park, IL
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Excellent service and wonderful value! Gary Wilson helped me book a block of rooms for the parents of my daughter's pom squad for the IHSA State Dance Competition. Gary made it so easy and it was such a smooth process. My compliments to him. We were welcomed warmly, treated very well and the staff took the time to wish us "Good Luck"! The room was very nice. We stayed right off the lobby which was convenient. The TGI Fridays which is attached to the hotel was very good. Everyone loved the warm cookies. The location of the hotel was very close to the US Cellular Coliseum where the competition was. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Travel261,

I would like to start by saying congratulations on making it to state! We are happy you chose to stay at our hotel. I am so glad to hear that Gary and the rest of our staff really went above and beyond for you and your group. We pride ourselves on making every guest experience a positive and memorable one, and it looks like we did just that. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and we hope to see you back in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had a very nice stay for a business meeting. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Bloomington, Illinois. It is located conveniently in town and has nice amenities. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear David B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that your stay with us was such a positive experience. We pride ourselves on the outstanding service our staff provides to our guests. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I've stayed at the Doubletree several times over the past several years. I've always had excellent service and comfortable clean rooms. This time I was there only one day and night. Staff very helpful and friendly. My room's heat was broken, however, and so was moved to another room. I had trouble connecting to the internet and was informed that they no longer had free WiFi in the rooms! This was a shock. You could get it if you went to the lobby. But, that was not so convenient. Even cheap motels offer free wifi these days. Upon leaving the hotel the following morning, my car didn't start, and one of the hotel staff tried jump-starting it for me, which was greatly appreciated. All the staff was great. But having to pay nearly $10 for WiFi in the room was not acceptable. I have run into this in Europe, but not the U.S. until now. It's such a great public relations tool, that to discontinue it seems a big mistake.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side downstairs are quiet. Ask for one with fridge and microwave. Not all of them...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank purple_cow950
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Purple_Cow,

We thank you for taking the time and are happy you have enjoyed your previous stays. Unfortunately, our repeat guest have asked for us to install a WIFI system that meets their business needs. We did complete a survey and found that a majority of Business and Convention hotels do charge and found that most are around 13.00 and up. We did add complimentary internet in the business center as well as our public lobby space. We apologize you are not happy but the extreme amount of equipment cost as well as our ongoing connection fees must be charged or up the guest room rates. These charges do not even make up the amounts needed We felt that 9.95 for 20mb up and down speeds would be more than fair but understand that we will not be able to make everyone happy. We will revisit this in the near future as new technology comes around,

Mankato, Minnesota
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The concierge was extremely helpful and suggested a perfect parking area. She even took a cart by the corresponding hotel entrance to make our unloading easier. Breakfast was also great: hot entrees and great pastries.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Enrique T,
Thank you for your review. We are happy that your recent stay with us was such a positive experience. We pride ourselves on our wonderful staff and service. We hope to see you again in the future.

Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This hotel was clean, friendly staff, great breakfast. Prior to arriving, Hilton Honors offered some upgrades both complimentary, and at a cost. I chose a little of both, however, NONE of the upgrades/ammenities were provided at check-in as described in the solicitation email from Hilton, was source of some stress and frustration. Staff again, remedied it quickly. Left our door open when dropping off some stuff while we were out.

Night was good, room was great, one pillow too soft, two pillow too hard. Rested well. Breakfast was delicious!

Room Tip: Do not do the Stand By upgrade, do the for sure upgrades. If making a reservation they will send an...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KAB35691
KAB35691,
I would first like to start by thanking you for your review. I do want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at the start of your stay. We try our hardest to make every experience here at the Doubletree by Hilton a positive one. The issues you experienced during your stay have been addressed with the proper departments. I am glad to see that despite the start of your stay you did enjoy the rest of your night and the breakfast the next morning.
I would like to again thank you for you review and we hope to see you in the future.