“Good Hotel in Bloomington”

Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed at the Doubletree because I was in Bloomington for business. Overall I had a good stay there. The room was clean. I couldn't get the WiFi to work on my tablet, but I also didn't try very hard. Also, the hotel doesn't have a continental breakfast, but there is a Panera practically in the same parking lot. Because the many of the Illinois state events happen in Bloomington, you always run the risk of there being lots of children in the hotel. During my stay there was, and the children seemed to be playing some kind of chase game. They were running up and down the hallway until about 10pm. After that, things were quiet.

Overall the hotel was nice. Because I booked close to the time I stayed there, I paid quite a lot for the room. I think that without the breakfast, it was too much. I'm not sure what their normal rate is. If it were cheaper, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

TripleA917,
I am sorry to hear your experience with us was not all positive. I would like to let you know that since your stay with us we have upgraded our wifi in the hotel to better suit the needs of our business travelers and guests overall. I would like to apologize for the amount of noise you heard outside your room. That has been addressed and I can assure you that better measures will be taken to maintain the noise when we have larger groups in house. I do hope when you find yourself in the Bloomington area again that you choose to stay with us. Thank you again for your time and review.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Was there for a business meeting. The hotel staff was very courteous--always asking if I needed anything. My room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast service was great. Banquest food not so good, but everything else made up for that.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Kirke M.
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to see that your experience was a positve one. I am sorry to hear that our food in the meeting area was not to your liking. We always try our best to exceed our guests expectations and I am glad to see that we did for you in most of our areas. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is a great hotel to stay and the staff was absolutely wonderful. The room was very clean and the beds were so comfortable. All of us had a great time there. It is easy to find and close to everything. We will definitely go back there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

We were happy to see your delight with The Doubletree by Hilton. I hope that when travel brings you back to Bloomington, you will once again call Doubletree your home away from home.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I would not look for another place to stay. A good night sleep is important to me. This hotel offers high quality beds. I have no complaints.The breakfast was nice. Fullfilling and everything you would want.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Peg123,
You are so right. Sleep is the essential! We are glad you received a great nights sleep on our "Sweet Dream" bedding. They are so very comfortable, that most of us all have purchased these same beds for our homes. We hope to see you again in Bloomington!!!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was there for a business conference (hotel sold out and I stayed elsewhere). I was in this hotel 2 full days eating and meeting. they were aok with staff wanting to do the right thing. Chicken sandwiches 2 days in a row, not ideal.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Pad B,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience. We are sorry you were unable to stay but hope that you will try us in the future. As for the meals, unfortunately we do not choose the meals for the group meeting planner but highly suggest changing up menu items when meeting more than one day. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We arrived very late and received a great reception. It wathens night before the local university's parent's day, and there were only two rooms left - both smoking. The desk clerk (I didn't catch her name unfortunately) offered to show me the room to see if the smoking residue was acceptable (it was). There's a level of initiative that you don't commonly see. All staff was friendly (including maintenance man working on elevator lighting) and property was clean and well-maintained.

The breakfast situation was possibly the best-designed and operated of this type that I've ever seen. So many hotels stop at sticking some food in a room with seats - here it was clear that time and energy went into making sure that it actually worked and flowed well. With the hotel (and room) at capacity, it all worked very well. Food quality was top-notch.

Would recommend without reservation.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

PDuffy,
WOW! What a great review. We are all so pleased you found our hotel and staff to meet all of your needs. The breakfast can get really busy but we do have a great staff that tries to go above and beyond. Thank you for your kind words and we have shared your review with everyone. Hope to see you back in Bloomington!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

A great hotel that is large clean and very friendly. Breakfast was awesome. Love the pet policy. We were able to stay in one of our favorite hotels and not feel like we were at a doggie hotel!
We enjoyed our stay on our way home.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sieg L

Seig L,
Thanks for staying with us again. We really appreciate your words and look forward to your return. As always, your pet is always welcome!