“Best hotel in Bloom-Normal.”

Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
IL, USA
“Best hotel in Bloom-Normal.”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stay here at least a few times a year when visiting family. They have a great pool, clean rooms, and very helpful front desk staff. I'm not sure why there are any comments about it being rundown. Are they sure they stayed here? Have they stayed at other hotels in B-N? I think if they did, they would quickly decide that this is as good as it gets.

The last time I was there the built-in hairdryer didn't work, but the staff-member at the front desk (Angela, I think . . . ) quickly sent one up after I requested. Everyone is always very friendly and accommodating. We've stayed at a few different properties and this one is the best in B-N, we think, and very conveniently located for us.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
I want to thank you very much for sharing your positve thoughts of our Hotel and Staff. We do strive to please everyone and know that sometimes, we can fall short in guest expectations. I have forwarded your comments to our staff as it is very important that they understand why we work so hard for our guest.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you back in Bloomington soon.

Rodney M. Brittain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
BillSTL
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This is the first time in my 25+ year business travel experience that I've been told there was no room for me at a hotel where I had a confirmed reservation. After standing several minutes at the front desk waiting for the desk clerk to acknowledge that I was even there, I was told that there was no room for me and that I was being sent to their "sister property" down the street...not a Hilton property. Thankfully the other hotel was decent (although a bit noisy).

I will never make another reservation at this hotel again (not that having a reservation makes any difference, apparently).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
We want to thank you for your time in filling out the survey and apologize if you feel singled out as we did not have your accommodations available. In the hotel industry, we unfortunately have times where a room, for whatever reason, may not be rentable, where by we may have had a maintenance issue or a departing guest stayed over. As is no different from an airline, we do take care of our guest and understand that we made every effort to make your trip stress free. In a case that we are unable to accommodate, we do find like accommodations, as we placed you at The Eastland Suites and also paid for your room due to the inconvenience.

We apologize that this was obviously not enough and hope that you will once again, try our hotel as this situation is not the norm, but a situation that we did our best to meet your expectations.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed April 11, 2012

My stay was very good overall. Good breakfast complimentary to the room I chose. The girls at the table very friendly. Front desk was very helpful. Could be cleaner than this.

Room Tip: I think this is one of the good hotels in the area
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your time in assisting our efforts. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we can see you again in the future. As for the cleaning, I would appreciate you letting us know what it was that could be cleaner. We value your thoughts and love another set of eyes upon our property.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Staff was friendly and helpful in getting me to airport. Hotel was rundown.

• Stayed March 2012
DTBHGM1, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
We thank you for response and your staying with us. We apologize that you feel our hotel was "run down". We have made many changes such as all corridors and hallway carpeting, wallcovering and lighting. Added all HD LCD Televisions and are in process of upgrading all of our bedroom softgoods. Our property is clean and in good shape. We are not a new hotel and will be looking forward to further capital improvements for your enjoyment in the future. Thank you again and we do appreciate your feedback.

Rodney Brittain
Chicago
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We also had 2 rooms for the Girl's basketball finals. Our school was playing so many people from our school were here. There was alot of activity to be sure. We didn't have need to request anything from the staff and they were friendly and said hello. Parking was a little tough since I'm sure the hotel was booked. The cookies were delicious as usual on check-in, but some of our friends didn't get any with no aplologies from staff. Room was comfy, clean and had a sink outside of toilet area which is nice with extra people. My only mini complaint was we tried to get another tea bag from the cleaning people and they didn't have any on their carts. Panera is right next door and Fridays is part of the hotel. Very convenient. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let our staff know of your recent stay. We congratulate your girls on making it to the State Finals. Outstanding. Best of luck in the future and we hope to see them again next year.

Sterling, Illinois
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I recently spent 3 days at a state-wide conference at this Doubletree. From check-in, with a warm, fresh cookie, to a truly pain-free, guest-oriented check-out, our experience was remarkedly fantastic! Our room was comfortable and extremely clean. The meeting rooms were set up for a tremendous participant experience. The large luncheon banquet was the best of any I've attended, with professional and personable waitstaff. The decor, location, ambience, and attention to guest comfort is beyond the typical confererence-center site. Kudos to Doubletree!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your response. We are happy that you found our staff and hotel to meet your expectations. We strive to always be the best and appreciate everyones travels. I will pass to entire team and we look forward to your return.

Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed March 8, 2012

My daughter and I have stayed at this hotel for the past 6 years for the IHSA Girls Basketball Finals. The staff is always warm and welcoming and ready to meet all needs. The location is a distance from Redbird Arena but the amenities (free wi-fi, breakfast option, TGIFridays, pool, newspapers, etc.) and the quality make up for it. The hotel is connected to a TGIFridays so we are able to get a good meal when we make it in after a late night. Panera Bread is directly across the parking lot and there are plenty of restaurants along the main street. This was the first year that we chose the breakfast option and it was just enough to meet our needs. The staff was extremely helpful and replenished food quickly and upon request. Even with several basketball teams and families staying at the hotel, the staff was accomodating and able to handle the crowds. My daughter will be off to college this Fall so I am unsure if we'll make it back next year but the Doubletree will be our first stop for any visit.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
CarmenSanDiego11

WE LOVE YOUR LOYALTY!!!
Thanks so much for sharing and that is so exciting in seeing you return to the IHSA State Finals. Six years running no less. Our congratulations to your girls and look forward to seeing you next year!!