“Super 8 iaa drive Friday stay Baymont Inn sat,”

Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed June 19, 2013

At the super 8 I had smoking room because that what was left, I don't smoke at checkin i asked if other room were available. no The room was not clean, dirty sheets with dried blood, dirty showers with hair dirty walls in the bathroom.
The housekeeper did not clean the room. I would not this hotel to other parents for the summer olympic games. The hotel manager did not offer to have them clean the room I got My money back for the 2nd night I stayed at the baymont down the street it was clean in the room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I am a travelling respiratory therapist who typically works 12-hour night shifts. Hotels, in general, don't realize that not every person in the world sleeps at night. Heck, there are night-shifters working every night for the hotels out there, but I think it just doesn't click. Us night-shifters are up against check-in and check-out rules everywhere we go. Most places, if contacted in advance, will accommodate my crazy hours. Baymont Inn lied to me. I called two days in advance letting them know about my schedule. The girl on the other end of the line, Rochelle, told me that it wouldn't be a problem and that they would take care of it when I arrived. Alas, Josh, the manager, told me that it was Special Olympics weekend, and that I had to be out of the room by 1:30. I only needed until 6:00 PM, but they wouldn't budge. They were kicking me out, even though I was already booked for two days in advance. What a crock!

On the day that I was anticipating sleeping in my Jeep in the hospital parking lot, I made one last attempt and had an employee talk to Josh's manager. They let me stay until 6:00 for an additional $40. I had to move rooms, and they put me in a room that had peeled wallpaper with black mold all over the walls. I'm not going into all the details, because I would be typing all night, but I can assure you that I was not made to feel like I was a valued customer, and the hassle was an unnecessary part of my trip to Bloomington.

I go to my locations of temporary employment focused highly on my job. The LAST thing I need is to be quibbling with hotel management about issues that are clearly focused on how much money they can rake in rather than taking care of their already paying customers. I am appalled at the treatment I received. I do not understand hotels that put the customer second to money, especially those who do not take care of their day-sleeper customers. Every good business man knows that excellent customer service creates income and poor customer service defeats it.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke, don't let them put you on the 3rd floor. The rooms smell okay, but the h...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have never experienced bed bugs before and didn't think to take pictures before I packed up and left immediately. There were tiny blood stains from the bugs and these black tiny bugs on the bed and side of bed. It was truly sick. I had to throw out my luggage and all belongings contaminated. Hopefully no other expenses come up from this.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 11, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Staff is extremely friendly and the room was perfectly adequate. This was my second stay with this hotel and both times were enjoyable experiences. Bed was very comfortable and the pool (although I didn't use it) looked nice. Free HOT breakfast in the morning was a great start to the day.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2013

the room had a bad smell to it, the couch and ceiling had disgusting stains on them the air conditioner rattled the bed seemed clean and it was comfortable the bathroom was clean the shower was nice and hot

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business