“Very Good for small conference”

Days Inn Bloomington Normal
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Peoria Il
“Very Good for small conference”
Reviewed February 3, 2010

We recently had a meeting at La Quinta and booked ten rooms. We were very pleased. The staff was extremely accommodating and helpful. The breakfast was nice. We were surprised how nice the conference room was. The price was very reasonable and we felt that the rooms reflected an economy rate. They were fine, some had fridges. The suite was nice also.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed November 8, 2009

It was family weekend at ISU so there were few rooms available in town. The room smelled of cigarettes. I don't mean a little smelly, I mean horribly! The sheets smelled, blankets smelled and we too took on the nasty smell after only being in the room 10 minutes. We went to our room around 10PM and about half hour later after the smoke detector kept beeping. Management showed up immediately and had no idea how to change a battery. After the third person arrived, they figured it out. The staff was very pleasant. Free breakfast was fine.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Illinois
Reviewed July 13, 2009

The rooms have allegedly been re-done in the past year.........Hard to believe the room I was in was "new," unless it's had an extremely hard life in the meantime; there were places where wallpaper was scraped nearly off the wall----and the wallpaper was obviously there for quite awhile. New pictures had been hung, but the anchors from the previous wall art were exposed. A safety concern was the number of items plugged into one outlet, and the extension cord running behind the bed.

My room was reserved for $99 a night. A couple off the road was inquiring about available rooms as I waited to check in. They got the same type of room for $89. I won't even go into the "bright side breakfast"...........let it be enough to say that one would have to get there at 6 am to find a place to sit, have enough room to move around, and actually find the coffee carafes.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed May 26, 2009

We read the reviews, checked the place out before spending the night, and found everything quite nice. Room was clean, no bugs, spiders, rodents. We have stayed in much more expensive (and fancier places) but this fit our need for a place to sleep. We did not need a pool or fitness center, just a nice bed. The bed was comfortable, pillows and bedding all seemed quite new. The bathroom was very small, but everything was clean, and worked. We did not use the AC so don't know if it was noisy. The lobby was clean, the breakfast appeared typical of comparable hotels. No big deal, but we slept well and were pleased with the rate. We had breakfast right next door, which was convenient. No problems.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WisconsinRoadtrip
MN
Reviewed April 4, 2009

Stay away from this hotel! At my recent stay my bed was infested with thousands of bedbugs!! Not something you want to wake up to at 2 a.m. When I went down to the front desk the desk clerk wouldn't come out from behind the desk, told me he could do nothing about refunding my money when I said I was leaving and told me to come back in the morning to talk to the general manager. The next morning the manager came up to the room, didn't look to surprised and said he would call the Orkin man to come exterminate that room. I told him it should be the entire hotel, not just one room. He played dumb to that.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank madashellMn
iowa
Reviewed October 8, 2007

We arrived in Bloomington without a reservation (our mistake)
after a long day of travel from Tennessee. Because of the
nearby college and pro football games, this was the only
place available so we stayed out of necessity.
Very unkept, and so dirty!! Couldn't wait to get out of there the
next day.
Strongly recommend you do not stay here!!!

Stayed October 2007
3 Thank bdiowa
deletedsoul
Reviewed October 7, 2007

We were traveling to Bloomington to attend a concert, and needed a room for the night. We did not stay the night in the hotel after checking in. There were people sitting outside the hotel entrance, which looked shabby and unkept. After checking in, we parked and entered the hotel. The entrance doors were broken and not well labeled. They had an extension cord running out the door when was holding it open. The room itself did not appear clean. The carpeting was dingy and frayed. The bedding was dirty looking and had rips in it. The metal floor lamp was rusted. The armchair looked about 20 years old and was faded and sagging. I've stayed at a lot of Comfort Inns in the past, and haven't had a bad experience, which is why I rented a room there. I was tired, and my husband had a work emergency to attend to via the internet. We left the hotel and stayed at a Ramada Limited across the street. I did not feel comfortable or safe at the Comfort Inn, and I highly recommend finding a different hotel if you are staying in Bloomington!!! The only decent thing about the place was the fact that the staff was nice, and did not charge me for my stay.

• Liked — Staff was Accommodating
  • Disliked — Lack of cleanliness and upkeep
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank deletedsoul