“Perfect Place to Stay”

Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed March 10, 2011

From the time we checked in until the time we left, we received great service! The rooms were clean, updated, and quite spacious too! It was quiet which made for great sleeping! Good breakfast in the morning to get the day started too. This hotel has a very warm feel and having the separate buildings made you feel like you had your own apartment. I would highly recommend Eastland Suites to everyone!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 10, 2011

Me and wife stayed for Valentines Day in the King Suite and from check in to check out the service was OUTSTANDING. One of the nicest rooms we have stayed in

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2011

For the second time this month, we stayed at Eastland suites. Our first stay was in a very nice king suite. Just my husband and I were in town for an ISU men's basketball game. Our second stay was in a double king suite. We needed the extra space for our oldest daughter and her young children. The purpose of the second stay was to be in Normal for my younger daughter's marriage proposal at half-time of the ISU men's basketball game (my daughter and her new fiancee' are cheerleaders for ISU). It would have been nice if the team could have won. We took advantage of the free limo service offered by Eastland Suites. Lindsay took us to Redbird Arena for the game and she picked us up shortly after "the proposal" so we could get back to prepare for the celebration After the game, family and friends gathered with the newly engaged couple in the breakfast area of the main building. Our room was just a few steps and a flight of stairs away from the breakfast area. Having the full refrigerator and kitchen area allowed us to prepare food for our group rather than cater it in. It was very convenient to set out food and refreshments for the celebration. We also decorated the area a bit. Although the area was open to all guests at the Eastland, everyone passed through with a smile for the celebrating couple. A big thank you for all the support from Holly and the staff at Eastland Suites and for providing us with such a great place to celebrate. We plan to be back at Eastland again in just a few weeks for senior night. If we have a future need for a small get together or just a room in Bloomington/Normal, I am sure will be back at Eastland Suites!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while doing some remodeling in our home. I had heard the hotel had recently completed their own remodel... .and let me tell ya, it is AWESOME!. Upon calling to book my room, they gave me a choice between several room types. I took the King Loft Suite. It is a two level suite with a full furnished kitchen (granite counter tops, full kitchen, fridge etc.) King bed, living room, full bathroom on main level, then up the stairs is another king bed and full bathroom.

You can tell they've done quite a bit of work and it looks AWESOME! The service was great, breakfast, evening cocktail reception were good too. Lastly their beds are so comfortable we didn't have any trouble falling asleep, the hardest part was having to get up!

Next time we have friends in town or need a place to stay in town, it will definitely be Eastland Suites Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2010

We booked a suite for Eastland Suites for ISU Parent Weekend more than 3 months in advance through Expedia. I called right away to confirm. I then called to confirm the day before our trip and was confirmed to have a suite. I asked if we needed to check in early and was told "enjoy your day! your suite will be waiting for you."
Guess what. No suite. I was told that "other guests had extended their stay" and no suites were available. I also was told that "since Expedia guests don't list their phone numbers, we couldn't get ahold of you." Which..isn't true. We do. And I'd called the day before.
The desk clerk (she informed me there was no manager on duty at 7 p.m. that evening when I asked to see the manager) said there was one room, but it slept 2. She offered to put 2 cots in it for our teens. Unfortunately, even the 1 cot didn't fit. This room was a converted attic style room under the eaves of the hotel. Seriously, you could touch the bed, the front door, and the bathroom all at the same time. And the room was like a sauna- we completely turned the heat off for the rest of the evening and it was still stifling hot.
Why stay? As the pseudo-manager put it, "it is that or nothing". Normal/Bloomington was completely sold out and we are a 3 hour drive away. She mentioned that she'd credited our Expedia account 50% of our stay, so we ended up paying about $60 for the night. Not worth it. As we passed a large group of adults carrying in bottles of liquor checking in across from us, our son decided he'd sleep better in the dorm, with 4 roommates. And he was right.
I really wanted to like this hotel...we have many years ahead of us with family and friends needing a good place to stay. Unfortunately, I wouldn't trust a hotel that treats its customers like we were treated.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Enjoylife46
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I attended a training workshop and this was the hotel we were compelled to stay in (the workshop organizers worked out some kind of deal and thus we paid for the conference and hotel together). If I need to return to this area again I will insist on staying elsewhere. On the plus side, the free breakfast was better than expected and the hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were just ok, not very attractive and didn't seem really clean. The hardest part was the isolation of staying here - it's nowhere near downtown, it doesn't have an onsite bar or restaurant, no room service, and not even a small gift shop to buy a toothbrush or other necessities. I thought I was going to lose my mind. I also couldn't figure out why our workshop group was assigned to stay here - it was nowhere near the training site, and we must have passed five hotels on our way to and from the training each day. I would much rather have stayed in the cute downtown area, where I would have been able to walk around in the evening and stop out for dinner or a drink.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
ESuites, General Manager at Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2010

Dear DrBunBun,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate travelers taking the time to provide us with feedback about their experience. Unfortunately we are not a full service hotel that features a restaurant, lounge, room service and gift shop; however, we do have many other benefits to offer our guests. We have a very good relationship with the company that hosts your training and they choose us because of our exceptional customer service, competitive rates, friendly staff and other amentities like our limo/shuttle service, complimentary WiFi, indoor pool, exercise room and our beautiful courtyard with picinic areas and gas grills. We are also only 1 block from the largest mall in Bloomington and several restaurants. Many of our guests take advantage of the piano bar at Jim's Steakhouse (only 2 blocks away) and Shooters Lounge/Ride the Nine located across the street.

I am concerned about your comment regarding the cleanliness of your room and will address that with our Executive Housekeeper. We recently completed 2 large renovation projects (one in late 2007 and one this past July) and have received numerous compliments on the decor and updated freshness. These renovations included new furniture, flooring, wall coverings, granite countertops and modern artwork and lighting; and in our suites (80% of our hotel) we've got all new flat screen TV's, new kitchen cabinets, granite counters, all new appliances and beautiful hardwood floors. Perhaps you did not receive a suite for your stay as I'm confident if you had you would have been very satisfied.

Thank you again for your comments, we value your feedback and hope you will try us again in the future.

Reviewed June 7, 2010

I stayed at this hotel at the beginning of the year. I was thrilled with the staff and accommodations that the hotel had to offer. The front desk staff were very helpful and welcoming. My friend and I went to dinner that night. One of the services that this hotel has to offer is a limo ride. That was one of the best parts of the night!! The room was extremely comfortable and had great amenities. There was a loud news coming at about 11pm. My friend called the front desk and the attendant personally took care of the news. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a hotel in the Bloomington/Normal area, plus it is right off of Veterans Parkway so it was very convenient. You are doing a great job Eastland Suites and I look forward to coming back and staying in one of your newly renovated Suites!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends