“Budding in Bloomington...oak up the Chardonnay and your taste buds will bloom!”
Review of Station Two Twenty - CLOSED

Station Two Twenty
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Epiphany Farms believes in creating a new food system that provides exceptional food with a sustainable future. Epiphany Farms combines products from its land with those of local producers to supply the ever-changing, always seasonal menu. Our mission is to blend socially conscious farming techniques with comfortable fine dining, to produce something that customers not only enjoy, but also believe in. We use only the freshest and finest ingredients, always giving preference to food grown by local farmers. Inspiration from our Midwestern culinary tradition roots our dishes in the Central Illinois community, while impeccable execution and flawless presentation add a global edge. We're elevating the simple, familiar foods of our home kitchen to meet the standards of the world stage.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

we had baby kale salad and chicken soup as starters, Bishop Peak Chardonnay (not oaky, lamb shank for me and pork entree for my hubby....all great EXCEPT the Chardonnay "by the glass" options do not offer an oaky option....they need to address that issue....service was a bit slow....quality of food was excellent!! we travel a lot and were in Bloomington for a somber visit and found this restaurant to be exactly what we needed to finish off our trip....dessert list is nicely varied and we had the ice cream which was also served with tastes of 2 other desserts...we highly recommend!!!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

For a nice "slow food" farm to fork restaurant it simply doesn't get any better in Bloomington Il. The food is creative, service is engaging and educated, it is great for any time you do not have to rush through your meal.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I'd visited this restaurant a couple of years ago and gave it an average review, and I am sorry for not submitting an update. Since then, I have eaten here many times and it is probably the best restaurant in Bloomington. The vegetarian options are excellent and my carnivore husband always loves the meat options. Service is typically very good and the food is delicious. The only downside is that this is a pricey restaurant for central Illinois - similar to Chicago ($42 ribeye).

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The place is the best restaurant in the twin cities. Outstanding. The beef cheeks are always great and so are the scallops. The last time I was in with my wife, we split an entree and had appetizer, salad with an egg nest, main course and dessert. The steaks are also top shelf.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

This was possibly one of the best meals I've ever had. We made reservations and were seated right away. Everyone that we saw was very professional and proper. The waiters served the women first. Everyone was dressed nicely. They were very courteous and polite. It's definitely a warm welcome in Bloomington where nice restaurants and professional employees are hard to find. Since they get the majority of their ingredients locally, their menu changes seasonally. Since we ate in February, we had the winter menu. For starters, we had the “Anju” Roll. It has Yellowtail Amberjack, Atlantic Salmon, Korean Gim, and Fresh Vegetables. I am not a sushi fan and I thought it was absolutely delicious! For dinner, my husband got the Seared Scallops with Classic Risotto, Spiced Foam, and “Sugar Bear” Pumpkin. I had some of his and it was good. I don't LOVE scallops so they were only okay to me. However, the risotto was pure perfection. I got the Braised Lamb Shank with Lemon Spaetzle, Herb Salad, Mint Oil, and Semolina Crouton. It was so amazing. The lamb just fell of the bone and melted in my mouth. And it was a lot of food. These were no small portions. I really enjoyed it. I didn't finish it though (I was leaving room for dessert) so our waiter boxed it up for me. Then for dessert, we had a large chocolate souffle. It came with a couple homemade marshmallows, some kind of soft peanut butter squares, raspberry sauce, vanilla sauce, chocolate sauce, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream on a bed of crushed peanuts. It was way too much food for us (we probably only ate half), but it was absolutely delicious! It does take a while to cook so we actually ordered this when we ordered our dinner. And I would say it's more for 4 people, if not more. Our total was just under $100 before tip for the two of us. So for Bloomington, it is a little on the pricey side, but for how nice the restaurant, service, and food are, it's a good deal. I suppose it depends on your priorities when picking a restaurant. I loved it and we'll definitely be returning!

1  Thank Kerry L