“Great Place!”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were steered toward this place by locals in a downtown store that we visited. We went later in the evening and the place was packed, but we were greeted right away and told that a table would be available shortly. In a couple of minutes we were seated and had ordered a pizza. I was surprised at how quickly the pizza was ready and my partner and I loved it. We finished the whole thing! The seating is a bit close, but I liked that about the place. It had a very pleasing atmosphere. We ordered cheesecake for dessert and that was fantastic too! I would definitely go back to this place the next time I'm in town.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had been to this restaurant about 13 years ago and the food was very good. Glad to say nothing has changed. In business since the 30's it is a local favorite and is always consistant. Good sized portions, good quality and a friendly and attentive staff.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have been to Lucca before, but last night it was a life-saver for a night that was really not otherwise going very well. My fiance and I had reservations at a place in Morton, Illinois that did not work out when we were seated and abandoned at our table for over 30 minutes. So, we thought we would make the drive to Bloomington and try to get a table at Lucca since my fiance had never been there before. I am so glad that we did.

We arrived at Lucca and were lucky enough to get a table right away. FYI: It is easier to get a table when it is busy if there are just two people instead of a large group. Our server was friendly and helpful. We ordered a half and half pizza that was brought to our table pretty quickly. It was hot and delicious. Our drinks were brought promptly and were also great.

The food and drinks are always good at Lucca, but the real secret to this place is the history. It recently celebrated 75 years. Just looking around the main bar and dining area it is easy to see how long this place has been around. The ceiling still has that old molded tin look and the pictures on the wall show some of the more famous customers over the decades. It is a real treasure of a place and should probably be put on some list of historic places if it isn't already.

I highly recommend a visit to Lucca Grill. It is a wonderful family-oriented pizza place with great food, great service, and great character. I hope you enjoy your next visit to Lucca as much as I will.

1  Thank RP523
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Well done Italian classics. Nice atmosphere. Not much else to say except if you like good restaurants, this one should be on your list in B/N.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Lucca Grill does wonderful things with pizza! The downtown location can be a bit of a challenge, but it's worth the time finding a parking spot in order to eat there.