“Stuffed pizza is good....” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Normal, IL
“Stuffed pizza is good....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I had been craving a stuffed, Chicago style pizza and decided to give Stolfa's a try. We ordered a 12" Stolfa Special stuffed pizza (sausage, green pepper, onion, mushroom) for pick-up. The pizza was $21 (plenty big enough for 4) and a salad for $5 (big enough for 2).... not a bad deal. Salad dressing options were limited, and were served in packets...nothing special...but the lettuce was fresh. The pizza was good, but just slightly burnt in a few places....I think it stayed in the oven just a minute or 2 too long. Sausage was very good, and sauce tasted fresh.

We'll order again...but probably order a 10" for 2 people next time. It would have been plenty.

2 Thank Normal Guy

Royal Palm Beach, Florida
“Fresh seafood in Illinois? I THINK SO NOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

I'm from Florida and travel to Bloomington/Normal about 4 times a year. I have dined at almost every restaurant--including the high-end restaurants, but have now discovered that there is a fantastic restaurant called Stolfa's Pizza. Now this is not a sit-down restaurant, but a take-out with delivery if you want. Last night I had blackened grouper, grilled tomatoes, roasted asparagus and grilled onions. Let me tell you when I ordered it, I thought I might be a little crazy ordering grouper in Illinois--remember, I am from Florida--but when I opened the container, it not only was beautifully presented, but WOW! The fish was cooked perfectly, with the right amount of seasoning. I was blown away. This restaurant has better fish than Florida! And I have had other take out items as well, and the pizza is to die for. No more fancy smanshy restaurants for me. I am hooked on Stolfa's now! Simply amazing....oh and the prices are incredibly reasonable too.

3 Thank John L
Normal, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chicken Chicken Chicken”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Best chicken dinner around. Love the Asian ginger wings. Just had the stuffed pizza tonight and the sauce is great. This is truly a Chicago style pizza. I plan on trying everything they offer.

1 Thank Richard w
Bloomington-Normal, Illinois
“Best Pizza in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We have tried the pizza at 90% of the restaurants in town, and this place has the best. Lots of cheese, lots of toppings, and great sauce. And their walleye is really good too. Haven't been to the restaurant, but their delivery service is great.

Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Tried Stolfa's last week and the pizza was awesome.

My wife and I usually eat a pizza in one sitting but their 14" thin crust was enough for two meals.

We got the Italian beef with hot gardinara pizza and it was the best pizza in town by far!

1 Thank WesleyG1